Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol vehicles, what do you get to drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
    I could have sworn, that I saw a black and white squad ( all black with white front doors, black back doors) driving code 3, crossing University Ave. exiting onto 35W north, with what looked like a big MPD badge decal on the door... It looked a lot like the new MN State Patrol cars, but it was black, not maroon. Have any of you other Minnesotans seen these?
    I know that the Ontario Provinicial Police are going retro, back to black & white cars. They are also joining the rest of North America & are adding blue flashers to the cars. (Ontario was the only Canadian province that did not use red & blue, blue was for snow removal trucks).
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

• This is what their squads (MN State Patrol) looked like since the late 80's or early 90's;
      http://www.mspta.com/wallpaper/side-lights-1024.JPG

Here's what the MN State Patrol has now changed back to;
      http://www.mspta.com/wallpaper/image..._1024x682.jpeg

Here's some older one's;
      http://www.mspta.com/images040406/91frdBig.jpg

http://www.mspta.com/images040406/86CHEV_L.JPG

http://www.mspta.com/images040406/70minnhp.jpg
      Last edited by sgtnewby; 03-28-2008, 12:28 AM.
      Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

• Could it of been UofM police?

Also, while I'm not in Minneapolis anymore, I still get Twin Cities news. The new State Patrol vehicle color scheme looks weird as hell. Black bumpers?
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

• Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
          Could it of been UofM police?

Also, while I'm not in Minneapolis anymore, I still get Twin Cities news. The new State Patrol vehicle color scheme looks weird as hell. Black bumpers?

The black bumpers look even worse on the new color scheme. They just look little "odd" with the current scheme.
          ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

No, UofM does have black and whites, but all of the doors are white, not just the front doors. They also have more then just a badge decal on the doors.

Not the greatest pic, but you can kinda see the squad...
            http://www1.umn.edu/police/index.html

And, I've never understood the black bumper thing....

Comment

• The black bumper makes it look like an older CV.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

No, UofM does have black and whites, but all of the doors are white, not just the front doors. They also have more then just a badge decal on the doors.

Not the greatest pic, but you can kinda see the squad...
                http://www1.umn.edu/police/index.html

And, I've never understood the black bumper thing....
                U of M Police

Minneapolis Airport Police
                Washington DC

Comment

• better yet. Crystal MN police (which Google Maps tells me is right by Minneapolis).

Washington DC

Comment

There is a few departments out here that have black bumpers. Park Police had tan vic's with black bumpers. There is a department with almost navy blue vic with black bumpers, which doesn't look too bad.
                    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• In my days....white top and doors and everything else black was pretty much the norm. Anyone remember the lime green cars Cleveland PD had?
                      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

• A lot of city agencies have been going to black and whites. But here in Polk County the Sheriff has taken over a 3rd of them so far. So it's white with the green and gold stripes. The state still has the coolest looking black with tan roll back. G4S-TWC, yuk! Nitros cool. Color plane.
                        My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

• Originally posted by mjw064 View Post
                          better yet. Crystal MN police (which Google Maps tells me is right by Minneapolis).

It looked a lot like the Crystal PD squad, but the direction of travel would have made no sense what so ever. The one I saw was exiting to 35W north from University Avenue. Crystal PD, if they were leaving Minneapolis, from the jail for example, would have left downtown onto either I394 W or I94 W. Those interstates are on the other side of downtown. Good find on the pics though!

Comment

I could have sworn, that I saw a black and white squad ( all black with white front doors, black back doors) driving code 3, crossing University Ave. exiting onto 35W north, with what looked like a big MPD badge decal on the door... It looked a lot like the new MN State Patrol cars, but it was black, not maroon. Have any of you other Minnesotans seen these?
                            Perhaps it was St. Anthony Police. They have that paint scheme.

Speaking of St. Anthony... I think it was St. Anthony that had an engine blow on them during that morning rush hour bank robbery chase this morning. They have Mn/DOT traffic cam video, and you just see smoke pouring out of the engine compartment with the officer still trying to keep up!
                            Last edited by davis002; 03-28-2008, 05:58 PM.
                            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

• Actually... I just confirmed it. MPD is switching to black and white starting April 2008 (I guess they started early). All new graphics as well.
                              "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

• Originally posted by davis002 View Post
                                Actually... I just confirmed it. MPD is switching to black and white starting April 2008 (I guess they started early). All new graphics as well.
                                I knew I could count on you to find out Davis. I did read an article about how MPD is going to be working with ICE. The bleeding heart author of the article said something about, "It's just scary to think that you will start seeing federal agents along with Minneapolis police showing up in your neighborhood in their new 'black and white' squad cars." Any known pics of the new look yet?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X