Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol vehicles, what do you get to drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ddog View Post
    If you have a 07 Crown Vic interceptor (or regular 07 Crown Vic for that matter), you have a very nice ride. Just remember you can only hold so many bananas before you start dropping most of what you have in your hands. I personally wouldn't want to give your present ride up unless the new ride was proven beyond significant confidence levels. That's your safety at stake: not just a few thrill rides!

Media articles are just advertising in disquise: the Germans are very crafty with propoganda. Crown Vic is proven beyond all doubt in almost every category. I'd love a V8 Dodge, but if I were using it like a State Trooper, there is no way statistically a virtually new model can hold a candle to the Crown Vic as a total System, including interaction effects from all sub-systems.

You can get an interceptor, last years model NEW on Ford lots, with leather seats for about $17K. If I ever get a car beyond my PU and cycle, it would be hard to justify anything beyond Crown Vic (with my money anyway). I still have an open mind and like Dodge. Its just Crown Vics are the best Ford or anyone has made for trooper/taxicab duty cycles of 24/7 hard use year after year. And all the Ford manufacturing jigs/molds/tooling/hardware investments have been paid for many years ago; and they can charge virtually variable cost per unit only and still make a decent profit.

The Dodge Charger has done miraculous to meet several significant features of the Crown Vic. But it takes a lot more than that to unseat the crowned Champion of cars (to date), imo.
    I can't argue anything you have posted here Dog. I have very little to no input as it pertains to our agency vehicles. I do have the 2007 Crown Victoria and I am a Ford fan. As I stated in another thread, I am a tradionalist and prefer the Crown Vic. The CEO relies on the vehicle / fleet manager in that regard. However, the CEO drives a Chrysler that is very similar to the Charger ( higher end) and he loves it. So, they plan on "beta" testing these Chargers. According to the fleet manager, these are " police pakage" Chargers with all the bells and whistles! It remains to be seen at this point.

Be Safe,

Hank
    Last edited by Hank1; 12-01-2007, 02:42 PM. Reason: mis-spelled word
    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

• this is the pursuit vehicle of the future.
      You kidding?

Geez, that Glock probly weighs more than the bike!

To quote Jeff Dunham... "all right buddy, pull over! *ching ching*"
      Last edited by flashlightcop509; 12-01-2007, 10:49 PM.
      “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
      "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

• 06 GMC Sierras, crew cab diesel longbeds.

CB, company VHF
        Shotgun rack
        full back seat of post equipment and personal arctic gear
        4x lightforce 170 strykers forward, 2 to the rear

some have blue/amber lightbars, most have a single amber strobe.. working to change that because takedown and alley lights are helpful, and we ocassionally respond to issues on public roadways and newer LED lightbars would increase officer safety and scene safety.

All are labeled with Security on the front doors, and the contracting company's name and logo as well.
        Overmotivated and Underpaid... I'm a Security supervisors wet dream...

Comment

• vehicle graphics

a recent post made me think of this

First of all we have some 07 trailblazers with no extras except some four way strobes.

The graphics on it are kind of generic. This is what we have on the door panels:

Galls sells them at http://galls-graphics-store.stores.y...oorpanels.html. I think they are cheap and don't look very cool or eye catching just blah. I have seen some other security companies and one police department with this style decal.

My very first security job required me to do parking lot duty at a call center parking lot in a ghetto old minivan that had the clients logo on it and someone put on some vinyl letter stickers to make it say security but they weren't even reflective. Also we had one of those cigar lighter plug in yellow strobe lights that didn't even work before I got there. I had to go to radio shack and get a new plug for it. The van would always break down or people would get into accidents with it and when that happened they went even more ghetto by renting a kia minivan. We all thought that was great because it was a newer vehicle but the employees never felt "safe" with us there because they had no clue who we were and even made complaints about security not being out there checking on the suspicious kia circling the lot .

The coolest patrol vehicle was at the hospital because it had all the graphics which made it look really good. It was a newer explorer maybe an 05. It had the clients logo on the door and a stripe going across the sides and the back and it said security services on the rear doors where the stripe was. It even said security services written backwards on it on the hood so people could see it in their rear view mirror. It also had an amber light bar and four way strobes.

Anyways how good or bad are the graphics on your patrol vehicles?

Comment

• we had a red/white/blue on our newest cars that went from the front wheels to the tail lights with "PUBLIC SAFETY" on it in same scheme.. resembles an old school nba philly 76's type lettering.. the bottom front door had the management name and bottom back door had our location. Dial 911 markers and things. All reflective. The only thing bad about them were there wasnt consistancy in placing of some of the graphics, no one decided to order car numbers so it was a real guess which one was your car for awhile and some otehr placement issues.. My sgt said our escapes with the huge lightbars looked more like british police cars.. And they did. But it beat the old rainbow graphics we had..

Comment

• One big thing in favor of CVs is the number of companies that make patrol-related accessories for them in any recent model year - consoles, computer racks, bumper guards, special interior lighting, etc.

Another is service - there are approximately 1.5 times as many Ford dealerships as Dodge/Chrysler.

Another is a larger used market for the standard model, and I doubt that very many security companies really need Interceptors anyway, or can justify their increased operating costs.
              "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

• Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
                One big thing in favor of CVs is the number of companies that make patrol-related accessories for them in any recent model year - consoles, computer racks, bumper guards, special interior lighting, etc.

Another is service - there are approximately 1.5 times as many Ford dealerships as Dodge/Chrysler.

Another is a larger used market for the standard model, and I doubt that very many security companies really need Interceptors anyway, or can justify their increased operating costs.
                How does the equation work? The more fuel efficient your car is, the more likely you are to die in it... I can justify a CVPI just fine!
                ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minneapolis Security View Post
                  How does the equation work? The more fuel efficient your car is, the more likely you are to die in it... I can justify a CVPI just fine!
                  Good answer Minneapolis Security.

Comment

• 2003 GMC Sonoma
                    111th PAPD Class
                    Bravo Platoon 4th Squad

Comment

• Since we do a lot of different things around work, we have a '93 Ford Ranger, an '05 Dodge Spinter passenger van, and an '07 Kawasaki Mule
                      Never be afraid to try new things. Remember, amatures built the Ark while professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

• Why do you using dodge sprinter van

Comment

• We do more then just the security here, we also transport some students and staff members to an off site location at times, such as for special events when there is not enough parking space on site.

Bigger events we have drivers that come in, but after the event they go home and any employees left get driven by us back to their vehicles.
                          Never be afraid to try new things. Remember, amatures built the Ark while professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

• This thread needs more photos.
                            Hospital Security Officer

Comment

• Too many pages to go through and I can't remember if I already have, so I'll just post the pics...
                              Attached Files
                              Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

• One of these days soon...

Makeshift MS paint for the graphics, but...

The door badge and all text will be removable magnetic panels, since I'm looking at a CVPI for my new personal vehicle; The bar light won't be there, but I'm thinking visor mounted grn/wht/abr LED strobes, and abr/grn Par 36 strobes on the rear deck with an Arrowstick or traffic advisor at the top of the rear windshield...
                                “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                                "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X