Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol vehicles, what do you get to drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
    Good deal, Hank!
    Bad~
    I am not a IT oriented type of guy. I know just enough to get into trouble. I need some help from my people. Standby!

Be Safe,

Hank
    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

• Better than a golf cart, quieter than a gator

Any one using GEM's on their site or for their comapny? I've heard good things but not from anyone in a security function

Comment

• Here's a "little" collection for ya. Enjoy!
        Attached Files
        Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

• Here's part two.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Here's part three.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
              Here's part three.
              Sgt.....I just can't see myself driving (let alone sitting in) one of those things. I am too much of a tradionalist I suppose.

Be Safe,

Hank
              " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
                Here's part two.
                FYI the Montreal Bombardier vehicle is photogrphed in front of the former US pavilion from Expo 67!
                I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

• Can anyone be taken seriously as a security or LE officer in one of those. I guess the perps are to busy rofl to get away.

When I was Navy Security Force at Naval Weapons Station Concord, we were the first NSF, taking over from the Marines. So we worked for them till we had enough personnell assigned, then they worked for us till we were 100%. Anyway, we inherited everything but weapons pretty much. Our vehicles were Ford Rangers on a 2 year lease. Now, some posts had alot of buildings to check, one had 106 stops in 6 hours. Pretty hard on them, doing that twice a day.

So as the vehicles became shot before the two years, we picked some up from salvage at Mare Island Naval Shipyard. We had this 73 chevy pickup, (this was about '88), and I was SOG (Sargent of the Guard) and had just pulled up to mobile 24 in the 73 chevy. As he hit the brakes, a pully fell off and rolled out in front of him . Mobile 24 was now on foot.
                  sigpic
                  Rocket Science
                  Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
                  One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

• The Montreal Police have 2 or 3 of those little Bombardier vehicles. They are used in parks, during sidewalk sales etc. They are not used for everyday patrol.
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

• The car I most drive at my place is an 07 plate Vauxhaul Zafira in black. It has about 3k on the clock.

If thats unavailable there's usually a silver 56 plate Vauxhaul Zafira to use as a back up. Its a bit crapper than the '07 to drive...gears are looser and its always dirty inside as its more of a general utility vehicle

Comment

• Originally posted by geordiekimbo View Post
                        The car I most drive at my place is an 07 plate Vauxhaul Zafira in black. It has about 3k on the clock.

If thats unavailable there's usually a silver 56 plate Vauxhaul Zafira to use as a back up. Its a bit crapper than the '07 to drive...gears are looser and its always dirty inside as its more of a general utility vehicle
                        So I looked up the website. But what's this '07 plate and '56 plate? That's not the year is it? Sorry, but that's not yank lingo
                        sigpic
                        Rocket Science

One Man's Opinion

Comment

• the last part of the license plate is the year... the first part is currently the month in which the vehcile is licensed... the 0 corresponds to April and the 5 is September...

thats the way out license plates have worked for 7 years...

01 (april 2001)
                          51 (sept 2001)
                          02 (april 2002)
                          52 (sept 2002)
                          and so on

sorry about the confusion.

Comment

the last part of the license plate is the year... the first part is currently the month in which the vehcile is licensed... the 0 corresponds to April and the 5 is September...

thats the way out license plates have worked for 7 years...

01 (april 2001)
                            51 (sept 2001)
                            02 (april 2002)
                            52 (sept 2002)
                            and so on

sorry about the confusion.
                            Hey, I always say "you learn something new everyday". It definitely holds true for me, and I'm 45 y/o. I'm curious as to why April is 0 and not January? Obviously a British thing, but you use the same calender, soooo.....?
                            Last edited by integrator97; 10-28-2007, 11:08 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Rocket Science

One Man's Opinion

Comment

• well i'm assuming its because April is the start of our financial year, so i'm guessing that they make it april to keep finance deals easier to work out... But personally i dunno...that really is a big big guess

Comment

well i'm assuming its because April is the start of our financial year, so i'm guessing that they make it april to keep finance deals easier to work out... But personally i dunno...that really is a big big guess
                                Well, that makes sense.
                                sigpic
                                Rocket Science

One Man's Opinion

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X