Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol vehicles, what do you get to drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tlangsr
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    You know what they say....FORD
    - Found On Road Dead
    - Fix Or Repair Daily
    - First On Rust & Dust
    - First On Recalls & Dissatisfaction
    hey hey my ford was a good little car.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by FlashLightCop
    Yeah, what is it with Missouri and red/blue lights on security vehicles? How does that work?

I know that we cannot run red and blue lights as a combo. We use blue and green. Red to the best of my knowledge is reserved for true emergency services such as fire and law enforcement as well as ambulance service.

I did think it was wierd when I saw a few tow trucks in town with the red and blue combo though. Maybe tow trucks are allowed to run red and blue because they actually take part in cleaning up road side emergencies.

The blue lights that we run you have to have a permit for from the city fire chief, and green used to be a color for hazmat, but in recent years, green was made into a general use color to have available for light bar use.

We got away from using yellow lights though. That screams D.O.T.
    Ok, so Missouri is a "Red for LE" state. That would make sense. Since you have a permit from the fire chief, is your vehicle considered an emergency vehicle? It may actually BE an emergency vehicle due to that permit.

Leave a comment:

• Crimkeeper1
    replied
    Lights

Here in the state of PA. in a lot of the private communities with their own in house depts., they run red and blue lights on their vehicles.

Leave a comment:

• FlashLightCop
    replied
    To; N.A. Corbier

Yeah, what is it with Missouri and red/blue lights on security vehicles? How does that work?

I know that we cannot run red and blue lights as a combo. We use blue and green. Red to the best of my knowledge is reserved for true emergency services such as fire and law enforcement as well as ambulance service.

I did think it was wierd when I saw a few tow trucks in town with the red and blue combo though. Maybe tow trucks are allowed to run red and blue because they actually take part in cleaning up road side emergencies.

The blue lights that we run you have to have a permit for from the city fire chief, and green used to be a color for hazmat, but in recent years, green was made into a general use color to have available for light bar use.

We got away from using yellow lights though. That screams D.O.T.

Leave a comment:

• Crimkeeper1
    replied
    Patrol vehicles

While in the USAF SP'S in the late 80's, we had k-cars. Then low and behold inthe last yearof chrysler's contract (1988), we had Gran Fury's, talk about style, radios and air conditioning with V-8 power. When I went to work for a Government contractor as a civilian with an in-house force we had full size K-5 Blazers for about a year, then we went to good old Plymouth Voyager Soccer Mom vans. It wasn't until 3 years later that we had gotten CVPI'S with the whelen strobe bars (Amber of course) and other accessories in them. We had used them up until I relocated back to N.E.P.A. to work Campus Security (Public Safety) at a local university where we drove S-10 Blazers with older style Blue and Red rotator light bars.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by FlashLightCop
    We drive a new 2007 Jeep Liberty with the Whelen strobe light bar with green and blue lights.

Leave a comment:

• FlashLightCop
    replied
    We drive a new 2007 Jeep Liberty with the Whelen strobe light bar with green and blue lights.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    It's been about a month. Anyone have any other photos to post? Come on folks. Let's see your ride.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Now, a lot of people would say, "They won't stop me, they're just security." But they fail to realize: You are on private property. Not only can they stop you, you gave them the authority to stop you when you signed a form as part of your entrance processing.

And, the big one... Heh... There's an entrance and exit gate. You're not going anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• exguard
    replied
    The Facilty I work at enforces traffic safety. We have approximatley 3500 employees on the 3 1/2 mile long facility and everything from cars, trucks, and buses to Heavy equipment, vacuum trucks, bicycles, and pedestrians. Sorry no golf carts, we broke 'em so they bought us F-150's.

We enforce our own traffic regulations - Seat-Belts, speeding, stop signs. We run radar, stop violators and issue tickets. Now these tickets are internal but each offense is worth one point....accumulate 6 points in one year means loss of driving privledge on the refinery for one year - Employee or contractor - everybody from senior management to the trash can cleaners are not excempt.

Some stops have accumulated all 6 points - Failure to Stop at a Stop Sign {1} No Seat Belt {1} Speeding {1} Talking on a cell phone {1} Reckless driving {1} and contraband in the vehicle {1} {Contrband being mostly Beer and alcohol smuggled into the facility by contractors} We'll tow the vehicle to our garage and process it into our data base - It's a mess by the time supervisors and shop stewards get involved but it's our rules and I'm paid to enforce them.

Leave a comment:

• Szorcsik001
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Violation of this statute is a gross misdemeanor. Amusingly enough... A private citizen may arrest for gross misdemeanors in presence. So, if another security officer found inhousehack driving around like that, they could lawfully place him under private arrest.
    It would be a tough arrest. You would have to prove at the moment of the arrest that he was selling security services without possessing a protective agents license.

If he was truly an in-house officer, the onus falls on the employer. There is nothing that says if you have a felony conviction you can't apply for a position as a security officer. It simply says the employer must check and cannot hire you when the record comes back. Nothing on liability of the applicant.

But, you still made your point. And it's funny.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    [QUOTE=Marchetti, David, M]
    Originally posted by pramsey
    *sigh* When state statute mandated background requirements make it illegal for any company to hire you...just buy your own car and call it "In-House Patrol"...lol

Not in the State of Connecticut if your hiring yourself out as being security, a license is required.

Legally in Connecticut " In House Security Officers " are not Security Officers legally i.e. PA 04-192 "Security officer" means the licensed and registered person hired to safeguard and protect persons and property.

Otherwise your committing an offense. No person shall engage in the business of, or solicit business as a private detective or [investigator or as a watchman, guard or patrol service or represent himself to be, hold himself out as] make representations to be or advertise as a private detective [or investigator] or as furnishing detective or investigating services [or as a watchman, guard or patrol service] without first obtaining a license from the Commissioner of Public Safety.
    This is great and all, but we're talking about the State of Minnesota, where he is illegally employed as a security officer. The state statute governing security requires all persons employed, regardless of employee-employer relationship, to undergo a background check.

Violation of this statute is a gross misdemeanor. Amusingly enough... A private citizen may arrest for gross misdemeanors in presence. So, if another security officer found inhousehack driving around like that, they could lawfully place him under private arrest.

Leave a comment:

• Marchetti, David, M
    replied
    [QUOTE=pramsey]*sigh* When state statute mandated background requirements make it illegal for any company to hire you...just buy your own car and call it "In-House Patrol"...lol

Not in the State of Connecticut if your hiring yourself out as being security, a license is required.

Legally in Connecticut " In House Security Officers " are not Security Officers legally i.e. PA 04-192 "Security officer" means the licensed and registered person hired to safeguard and protect persons and property.

Otherwise your committing an offense. No person shall engage in the business of, or solicit business as a private detective or [investigator or as a watchman, guard or patrol service or represent himself to be, hold himself out as] make representations to be or advertise as a private detective [or investigator] or as furnishing detective or investigating services [or as a watchman, guard or patrol service] without first obtaining a license from the Commissioner of Public Safety.

Leave a comment:

• pramsey
    replied
    Originally posted by Inhousehack
    Effective Immediately.
    Car Unmarked repainted & stripped of all equip. Just a personal use beater.

All uniforms, duty gear & assorted equip in the dumpster.

All diplomas, credentials, awards & letters of reference that I have obtained in the last 20 years - in the dumpster also (it is worthless now, due to decree by the Government anyway) as is my personal moral turpitude, etc. etc.
    *sigh* You still don't get it. You still make jokes. If you truly had any respect for this job profession you would understand our concerns. The problem is not that you still wear a badge. The problem is you run around flaunting it. Saying it is legal. It is not.

The car that started all this is even more proof. It is illegal. You know it. But you did it anyways. And even thought so little of the state's laws, that you posted here showing off.

My concern is not what happened in 1994, but rather you learned nothing from it.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by pramsey
    :words:
    326.3381 LICENSES.
    Subdivision 1. Prohibition. No person shall engage in the business of private detective or protective agent, or advertise or indicate in any verbal statement or in written material that the person is so engaged or available to supply those services, without having first obtained a license as provided in sections 326.32 to 326.339.
    Subd. 1a. Proprietary employers. A proprietary employer is not required to obtain a license, but must comply with section 326.336, subdivision 1, with respect to the hiring of security guards.

326.336 EMPLOYEES OF LICENSE HOLDERS.
    Subdivision 1. Background check. A license holder may employ, in connection with the business of private detective or protective agent, as many unlicensed persons as may be necessary; provided that every license holder is at all times accountable for the good conduct of every person employed. When a license holder hires a person to perform services as a private detective or protective agent, the employer shall submit to the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension a full set of fingerprints of each employee and the written consent of the employee to enable the bureau to determine whether that person has a criminal record. The employee is a conditional employee until the employer receives a report from the bureau that, based on a check of the criminal records maintained by the bureau, the prospective employee has not been convicted in Minnesota of a felony or any offense listed in section 326.3381, subdivision 3, other than a misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor assault. During the period of conditional employment, the person may not serve as a private detective or protective agent, but may be trained by the employer. The bureau shall immediately forward the fingerprints to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and request the Federal Bureau of Investigation to conduct a criminal history check of each conditional employee. The bureau shall determine if the Federal Bureau of Investigation report indicates that the employee was convicted of a disqualifying offense and shall notify the employer accordingly. The employer shall immediately dismiss an employee who has been convicted of a disqualifying offense.
    Well lookie here. Even he wasn't running a security company, even if he was only in-house at one property... He is required to be dismissed by his employer.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X