Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol vehicles, what do you get to drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdog View Post
    SOrry i forget to put refuse. the question was has LE ever refused to arrest someone you detained cause your not LE?
    No sir! Everyone I have detained for violent crimes has been arrested. I have copies of subpoenas to prove it! LOL!

Be Safe,

Hank
    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdog View Post
      SOrry i forget to put refuse. the question was has LE ever refused to arrest someone you detained cause your not LE?
      New Years Eve in downtown Montreal is a zoo. The police are so busy they go to the call, break up the fight & move on. The record the names of the people involved. If you want someone arrested you have to go the next day to a police station & file a report. (Unless it is a major crime).
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

• Sorry the picture isn't all that great just thought i'd share . . .
        We've got two of these and since I took these photos we've added our spotlights and headache racks
        Last edited by badge212; 10-17-2007, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by badge212 View Post

Sorry the picture isn't all that great just thought i'd share . . .
          That's pretty cool, I wish we could get a 4x4 for our hospital. It would come in handy for those days of 3 feet of snow on the roads...

Question for ya 212, what do you folks carry for defensive tools at your hospital? And, have you heard of any hospital security departments in TX that have k9?
          Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

• For us it's just baton, handcuffs and training for now. All our officers are commissioned but are not allowed to carry firearms. We are transitioning into an armed department next year it's just a budgetary & clientele matter. Most of guys are prior le or military le. Two are reserve peace officers as well.. go figure.

As for the K9 I cannot think of any in the area but I'll ask, I would think some of the departments in Houston or Dallas would probably have it.

Comment

• Originally posted by badge212 View Post
              For us it's just baton, handcuffs and training for now. All our officers are commissioned but are not allowed to carry firearms. We are transitioning into an armed department next year it's just a budgetary & clientele matter. Most of guys are prior le or military le. Two are reserve peace officers as well.. go figure.

As for the K9 I cannot think of any in the area but I'll ask, I would think some of the departments in Houston or Dallas would probably have it.
              I've been researching the hospital security k9 thing for 3 years, our hospital is amzingly taking a serious look at it. We have a hospital k9 team from Michigan coming down here for a week sometime soon but the wheels turn very slow around here. I have found 31 hoapitals across the country that have them but I have heard rumors that there are some hospitals in Nevada and Texas with k9's. I just haven't found them yet.

Comment

• We just bought 3 more of these:
                Attached Files
                "Striking terrific terror in the hearts of criminals everywhere" Since 1977.

Comment

• Originally posted by Badge714 View Post
                  We just bought 3 more of these:
                  How do you get away with having red and blue lightbars?

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
                    How do you get away with having red and blue lightbars?
                    That particular truck is used on mining company property. The officers there perform speed enforcement on the mining roads using radar. Also, they perform fire dept and EMS functions at the mines and use the lights for runs.
                    "Striking terrific terror in the hearts of criminals everywhere" Since 1977.

Comment

• Originally posted by Badge714 View Post
                      That particular truck is used on mining company property. The officers there perform speed enforcement on the mining roads using radar. Also, they perform fire dept and EMS functions at the mines and use the lights for runs.
                      Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh..................... Ok

Comment

• This is our Cadillac...we only use it for relieving each other or responding to a call.

My partner and I showing off the Cadillac...I'm on the back.

Sorry for the scanned pics.
                        Craig

Comment

• Ahh yes, the good ol' days of patrolling on a golf cart... I feel your pain..
                          Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                          Originally posted by ValleyOne
                          BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                          Shoulda called in sick.
                          Be safe!

Comment

• It always makes me chuckle when I see someone put on a jacket and roll up the sleeves.
                            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

• Depending on who that company is, the jacket could be 3 sizes too large.
                              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

• Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
                                It always makes me chuckle when I see someone put on a jacket and roll up the sleeves.
                                Ahhhhh....reminds me of the "members only jacket" days. OOPS! Did I say that out loud? LOL!
                                " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X