Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol vehicles, what do you get to drive?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bigdog View Post
    One PPPD officer I know is already bitching that the forest green lightbars look blue at night when not activated.

    Typical blue line reacting over green.

    -nuff said.
    My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

    -Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

    -It's just a job kid deal with it

    -The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bigdog View Post
      One PPPD officer I know is already bitching that the forest green lightbars look blue at night when not activated.
      Probably someone hoping to make some felony impersonation stops and up his felony arrest quota, then getting mad because every time he blinds the driver/lights up the car with the spot, its green.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

      "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

      Comment


      • I went and looked at some police package Tahoe's today. Man let me tell you how tempting it was to get it. The black with the black rims is just 10-8... so so so so so tempting.
        "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

        Comment


        • We use all Crown Victorias now.We had Impalas but the upkeep on FWD cars is much more then rear wheel drive cars.More so after 100k miles like when we get them.The upkeep for the Crown Vic is overall low and they will last over 200k miles if you take care of it and have it properly serviced.We get them from the police department with over 100k miles on them.The one I am using now is a 98 and has 280k miles on it and it runs great and the A/C is nice and cold in the jungle Miami heat.

          We never tried the Charger mostly due to fact that DCX cars have proved to be troublesome cars in the long run.

          The boss had a rental Charger a few weeks ago and drove it and found it had allot of blind spots and the small windsheild made it hard to see the traffic lights.

          I have a 99 Crown Vic for my personnel car and it has over 200k miles on it and plan on keeping it for awhile.
          Last edited by Miami-Dade; 10-07-2007, 03:08 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bigdog View Post
            One PPPD officer I know is already bitching that the forest green lightbars look blue at night when not activated.
            Dog~
            I ran into the same problem you did. A Tampa Police Officer, while issuing a trespass warning for me, asked when we (CIS) went to green / amber light bars. I told him July 1st. He informed me that we (CIS) should not have the green light bars because at night it looks blue. I told him that it was permissable by law and he is entitled to his opinion just like anyone else. I also told him that any security agency, not only CIS can go to green/amber combo if they wish to. To my knowledge, there is only one other agency with the amber/green light bars in the Tampa Bay/ Clearwater area ( I think he thought only CIS had the new lights). He replied that you guys " are not cops"! I rolled my eyes and asked him for my copy of the trepass warning. NOw keep in mind, this conversation (his rant) took place while in the presence of the subject being trespassed. I told the subject to beat feet and thanked the TPD Officer for his "Help".

            Be safe,

            Hank
            " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

            Comment


            • Well, that is TPD of course.
              My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

              -Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

              -It's just a job kid deal with it

              -The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

              Comment


              • TPD: "This security guard can't touch you, he can only call the police. And if I find you on the property, I'll arrest you!"
                Me: "Hey, I need to talk to your corporal about something, can you have her meet me?"
                Corporal (After a quiet chat): "Do not tell people this security guard cannot touch people. That's not a law."
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

                "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                Comment


                • Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                  TPD: "This security guard can't touch you, he can only call the police. And if I find you on the property, I'll arrest you!"
                  Me: "Hey, I need to talk to your corporal about something, can you have her meet me?"
                  Corporal (After a quiet chat): "Do not tell people this security guard cannot touch people. That's not a law."
                  How about, in front of the victim of a car theft. "Not another one, we are always coming to the hotel for car thefts".
                  I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                  Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
                    Dog~
                    I ran into the same problem you did. A Tampa Police Officer, while issuing a trespass warning for me, asked when we (CIS) went to green / amber light bars. I told him July 1st. He informed me that we (CIS) should not have the green light bars because at night it looks blue. I told him that it was permissable by law and he is entitled to his opinion just like anyone else. I also told him that any security agency, not only CIS can go to green/amber combo if they wish to. To my knowledge, there is only one other agency with the amber/green light bars in the Tampa Bay/ Clearwater area ( I think he thought only CIS had the new lights). He replied that you guys " are not cops"! I rolled my eyes and asked him for my copy of the trepass warning. NOw keep in mind, this conversation (his rant) took place while in the presence of the subject being trespassed. I told the subject to beat feet and thanked the TPD Officer for his "Help".

                    Be safe,

                    Hank
                    CIS uses strobe lightbars on their vehicles right?
                    "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                      TPD: "This security guard can't touch you, he can only call the police. And if I find you on the property, I'll arrest you!"
                      Me: "Hey, I need to talk to your corporal about something, can you have her meet me?"
                      Corporal (After a quiet chat): "Do not tell people this security guard cannot touch people. That's not a law."
                      One that note, Hank have you ever had a law enforcement agency to arrest a person you detained because "you are not a cop and cant arrest people"?
                      Last edited by bigdog; 10-09-2007, 02:39 AM.
                      "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bigdog View Post
                        CIS uses strobe lightbars on their vehicles right?
                        We use them for the take downs and alley lights. We also use them to locate one another in a emergency situations in low light areas.

                        Be safe,

                        Hank
                        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

                        Comment


                        • [quote=Hank1;41694]We use them for the take downs and alley lights. We also use them to locate one another in a emergency situations in low light areas.

                          Be safe,

                          Hank[

                          Are on the vehicles like the ones in this picture but green and yellow instead? Or are the colors only visible when the lights are turned on?


                          Last edited by bigdog; 10-09-2007, 08:43 AM.
                          "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bigdog View Post
                            One that note, Hank have you ever had a law enforcement agency to arrest a person you detained because "you are not a cop and cant arrest people"?
                            Dog...
                            I can honestly say I have never heard that first hand.
                            " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
                              Dog...
                              I can honestly say I have never heard that first hand.
                              SOrry i forget to put refuse. the question was has LE ever refused to arrest someone you detained cause your not LE?
                              "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

                              Comment


                              • The laws in different states are interesting. Here in CA we can not detain but we can arrest. (Except for shoplifting) It used to be that an LE officer was guilty of a misdemeanor if he/she refused to take a citizen's arrest. Unfortunately that was changed a few years ago, although I am not aware of any GOOD arrests that have been refused.
                                "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

                                Comment

                                Leaderboard

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X