Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol vehicles, what do you get to drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade Runner
    replied
    Good idea, Curtis!! Or, there's always this......................

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Put some flames on that bad boy!

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Well, the regular patrol van is out of the shop.
    Here's a photo of it I took this week -

A Dodge minivan with, of course, no markings to tell anyone it's a security partol vehicle making rounds in the plant. Actually, it's in better condition than just about anything else in the plant. It was bought for use by the Human Resources department for hauling around VIPs and visitors when the place was up for sale. Though we use it for security patrols, it's still referred to as the Human Resorces or HR van.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
    GCMC Security Part 2 - Many moons ago I worked for NASA Security and was assigned a marked vehicle. This was a very used vehicle and had a number of safety related problems. I was required to drive this vehicle daily on and off the installation. After unsuccessfully trying to get the NASA motor pool to fix, the problems I was traveling off post one day and flagged down a police officer who agreed to inspect and give me a 72-hour violation notice to get the repairs done. It worked - NASA provided me with a new vehicle. They junked the 1965 Plymouth Fury. It's now probably a part of one of the Space Shuttles.
    Curtis when I was in the inspection business, things were so bad, signs were posted in military vehicles, "Not to be driven off the base for any reason."
    In lieu of brake pedals in some vehicles, towels were to be used to be remove moisture from the operator's feet.
    Not getting done, I passed this tidbit to the TIG and sat back to watch the fur fly.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill
    Last edited by Bill Warnock; 08-25-2007, 12:41 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    That's becoming more popular. Some police departments have moved to that as a cost saving move when buying patrol cars.

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    I just got word we are getting a 2008 Honda CR-V with the dealers ad on the side of it.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by The Hussard View Post
    they dont provide lunar jeep at the NASA
    When I worked for them Skylab was being developed and tested at the facility I worked out of. It was a fantastic place to work - never a dull moment.

Leave a comment:

• The Hussard
    replied
    they dont provide lunar jeep at the NASA

Leave a comment:

• gcmc security part 2
    replied
    Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
    GCMC Security Part 2 - Many moons ago I worked for NASA Security and was assigned a marked vehicle. This was a very used vehicle and had a number of safety related problems. I was required to drive this vehicle daily on and off the installation. After unsuccessfully trying to get the NASA motor pool to fix, the problems I was traveling off post one day and flagged down a police officer who agreed to inspect and give me a 72-hour violation notice to get the repairs done. It worked - NASA provided me with a new vehicle. They junked the 1965 Plymouth Fury. It's now probably a part of one of the Space Shuttles.
    Hmm That's a great idea!

Leave a comment:

• Norwegian_vaktservice
    replied
    Some of the cars used by our company in Norway.

Mostly standard family cars with VHF radio and maybe a MagCharger if yor are lucky
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Blade Runner
    replied
    When I first did vehicle patrol, it was in a White Ford Exploder(er, Explorer) with Setec Courtesy Patrol on the doors in dark blue, and an all blue lightbar. Later on, at the Galleria, it was an Escape, and a golf cart. The last patrol vehicle was an Escape as well, with a Whelen 9000 8-head light bar, all blue, with takedowns and alleys. We also had a Whelen full function siren with p.a. function. This was for a high-end retail facility that covered 30 acres.
    You can partially see an example of one of the Explorers here....
    Last edited by Blade Runner; 08-22-2007, 08:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    You all have me beat. Here's my patrol vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• gcmc security part 2
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
    I'm also envious of SOs who get the use of marked, professional vehicles which, as others have pointed out, act as rolling billboards for your company. My company doesn't have any patrol vehicles. They require the CLIENT to provide the vehicle if patrols are necessary. Most of the time the facility will have a old, rundown vehicle that has been riding around the plant for years with little to no upkeep. So the Client will assign the beater to the Guards as a patrol car. No SECURITY decal or markings, no lightbar or spotlight. Don't complain about the lack of air conditioning. Just be glad the exhaust fumes don't kill you before you finish your rounds.
    At my current assignment the SOs normally do patrols in an old Plymoth Voyager minivan but it stopped running this week. So somebody found this POS Chevy Lumina minivan

parked in a parking lot somewhere and decided to let the Guards have it for the weekend patrols. Well it didn't run worth a darn either and sat parked all weekend.
    Those of you who have professional looking, marked company vehicles, take care of them and be proud. There are many of us who wish we had what you drive.

Steve
    Please, You have us beat. This van has more dents in it than a demolition derby car. 1 headlight, no taillights, interior door panels are falling off, and spends more time in the shop than it does on the road.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    You are not covered if you use your vehicle for business purposes and are involved in an accident. You have lied on your application, and are in default.

Officially, my car goes to work and sits there, without being touched, till I go home.

I have never put magnetic signs or anything on my personal vehicle.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X