Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol vehicles, what do you get to drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got these a week ago. But we are going to Dodge Nitros come '08. Wonder if they will have a Hemi!

My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

• Two things.
      First- Nice looking ride. Thanks for posting the photo.
      Second- Thanks for finding this thread and adding to it instead of starting a new thread on this topic.
      Hospital Security Officer

Comment

• Originally posted by Echos13 View Post
        We got these a week ago. But we are going to Dodge Nitros come '08. Wonder if they will have a Hemi!

No the Nitros don't have hemis, they are gas hogs, and ours is cursed.

We had it for less then a month when a drunk chick pulled out of the bar across the parking lot from our office and slammed into it broadside....in reverse....going an estimated 20-30 mph.

Insurance did not total it. It was in the shop for about 3 months. Day after we get it back, our GM and Ops Manager were going to a client visit and at 2 separate red lights people got out of their vehicles to tell the Ops Manager that the back right wheel was wobbling so bad that it looked like it was going to fall off. So it went back IN the shop for another 2 weeks. We got it back last Friday and whoa and behold we get a recall notice in the mail for some computer problem that apparently will shut the vehicle completely down.

So Ops Manager schedules to get it fixed tomorrow. Today he goes out to make a sales call and 10 minutes out of the office and gets into an accident with it!

This is a retired Pennsylvania cop, who has been involved in pursuits, been driving for many years and has never had an accident in his life!

I tell you that dang thing is cursed! Nope I'll stick with the Ranger.

BTW Glad to see that you got the Amber/Green lights....bad thing is in the pic they almost look like Red/Blue.
        SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

• At first glanc, they did look red and blue. I hope nobody's going to complain, but even if they do, it'll take at least 2 years to change the law back.

Its also heartwarming to see a G4S branch actually order a green cover, even if it is for an ancient Streethawk.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

• Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
            At first glanc, they did look red and blue. I hope nobody's going to complain, but even if they do, it'll take at least 2 years to change the law back.

Its also heartwarming to see a G4S branch actually order a green cover, even if it is for an ancient Streethawk.

I have to admit I was surprised when I saw them all lined up at the office. Jeeps! And the lights too. We have had compliments from few Troopers on the Jeeps. And the lights too during a few operations on the interstate. They say it's nice to be able to tell the difference between us and a tow truck. As for the law. Who knows maybe they will leave it alone. Oh, yea. I did drop a hint about the new LED look at the division office. I guess we are lucky to have got the green covers and the Jeeps as it is.

Now. If they would just give us nines, an office and a pension. Oh, yea I know that's pusing it.
            My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

• Well, the green is a value added service, since people can tell its actually security now.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

• Ford Escapes where I'm at. Just about perfect for what we do to be honest; though I do wish that we had a more durable interior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Echos13 View Post
                  Now. If they would just give us nines
                  Huh, what?
                  ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                  Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

• Imagine, if you will

the ugliest shade of yellow on earth, painted on a ragged out fleet of Nissan Frontier pick-ups. All with 5-spd. stick trannies. Also included in this package is the crappy yellow/amber unknown brand lightbar that works when it feels like it (ever heard the one about hell freezing over?) I would rather walk my patrol route...

Comment

• I dont have to See below

Comment

• Chucky

you work for executive?

Comment

• Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
                          Huh, what?
                          Wackenhut in Florida is still issuing the .38 caliber or .357 caliber revolver with .38 Special ammunition. Security recently was authorized to carry 9mm semi-autos without the coveted special waiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by dougo83 View Post
                            you work for executive?
                            No that was just the first thing that popped into my head when I read your post.
                            Here are my cars. http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...&postcount=288

Comment

• Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                              Wackenhut in Florida is still issuing the .38 caliber or .357 caliber revolver with .38 Special ammunition. Security recently was authorized to carry 9mm semi-autos without the coveted special waiver.
                              Thanks. Why is Florida so restrictive on S/O's?
                              ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                              Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

• I could dream

The companies I did patrol work in between other things used the equivalent of a Geo Metro (Daihatsu Charade) with a 1.3 litre engine or Suzuki Vitara mini 4wd with a 1.6 litre engine. With fuel at $4.00 US a gallon - running costs are very important.

My 2 patrols I had were about $20kUS each when kitted out with signage and were 4 door midsizes and the person who bought them off me has them on their 3rd engines now but can't complain about the reliability. For the aussies they were Nissan Pulsars.
                                "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X