Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol vehicles, what do you get to drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In my security past job (I worked at a campus) we had/used

1992 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor...former Sheriffs vehicle in Ohio that was given to the Public Safety Academy, then given to Security and retired at 192K from security use. Sold to the campus chef.

1993 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor...former city police vehicle. Retired at 100K from security use. Sold to the Chief of Security's nephew.

1995 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor...A former Sheriffs vehicle in Ohio that was repainted by the campus body shop to be all silver. Currently in service with the Chief of Security as a school issued vehicle with 130K.

1996 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor...A former Ohio State Highway Patrol vehicle that was wrecked on the Ohio Turnpike. It was bought at State Auction and repaired by the campus body shop and repainted black. Currently in service as the Dean of Students school issued vehicle with about 130K

1997 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor...A former township police vehicle, it now serves as a training vehicle with the public safety academy with about 110K miles.

My current job

2002 Chevrolet Blazer 4 door with 96K miles. This is a "rolling billboard" so we cannot permanent mount anything on it. It has a dealership decal on it from the dealer we bought it from. This is the biggest POS we have ever had.

2002 Ford Explorer XLS with 111K. I love this one the best as it has permanent mounted lights, lots of room, etc. We just repaired it and I love it.
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

• Okay, yall want some GREAT lights for a GREAT price, eh? What if I told you that you can order a 14 inch long LED dash light for $120.

www.speedtechlights.com
      "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadBoynMD
        What if I told you that you can order a 14 inch long LED dash light for $120.
        I'd tell ya I can get some on Ebay for $90.. ehehe
        Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
        Originally posted by ValleyOne
        BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
        Shoulda called in sick.
        Be safe!

Comment

• 2006 Ford Explorer

Comment

• Couple HumV's, Ford 4x4 3/4 ton, Chebby SUV 4x4 of some sort, and a 2007 Ford Ranger with 420 miles on it. It is common knowledge that one senior citezen fella drives the new Ranger, but with permission the supervisor may use it for a short period..........long as he doesn't take it off the hardtop, get it dirty, scratch it, cetra, cetra.

Comment

• 97 crown vic police intercepter and 2004 cvpi, the 97 is the one in my picture
              sigpic

Comment

• I use a 2005 Ford Crown Victoria!!!

Comment

• Nothing!

I have to walk the entire time.

Comment

• It's very interesting to me that a lot of the vehicles SO's drive are not very fuel-efficient and some are downright hogs. Some like SUVs also have very high insurance premiums, don't they?

I would have expected a lot more emphasis on gas mileage and insurance premiums in the security domain, where every other expenditure (wages for instance!) seems to get scrutinized down to the half-penny.
                    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

• Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
                      It's very interesting to me that a lot of the vehicles SO's drive are not very fuel-efficient and some are downright hogs. Some like SUVs also have very high insurance premiums, don't they?

I would have expected a lot more emphasis on gas mileage and insurance premiums in the security domain, where every other expenditure (wages for instance!) seems to get scrutinized down to the half-penny.
                      They don't have to worry about saving money on gas because of all the money they save paying officer's like crap!

Comment

• our mall just got one of those POS gem cars.
                        "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

• I drive a 2006 Ford Crown Victoria like most of the officers. Others drive Chevy Impalas as well.

Be safe,

Hank
                          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

• Chevrolet Cavalier. 1999.206,000 miles
                            http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

• Bumping back up so that others will see it and post decriptions, and hopefully, photos of their rides.
                              Hospital Security Officer

Comment

• patrol unit i use pov

A Chevy caprice 1994 fully loaded. It has cornering, grill, dash, rear deck lights front and rear flasher and a arrow stick. As well as push bars spot light and cage also slowing repairing restoring it.
                                CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X