X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybird Security

Anyone ever heard of Hybird Security? I read something about this
    in an ASIS article. properity and contract security working togther

As example a Hotel or Office building will employ their own staff for interior
    Security, but would contract out to Securitas or Allied-Barton for security at the
    parking garage, and parking lots of the Hotel It is suppose to be a new trend.
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Oh no... wait till HotelSecurity gets a hold of this thread

We have a Hospital that has its own internal security but contracts a company to cover the parking lot and exterior area. They do not go inside to assist the Hospital Security from what I hear, and I do not know if Hospital Security assists in the parking lot, but I would not expect so.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

One of the big high tech companies near me uses in house and contract. Contract are mostly reception and patrol.

Another company near by, has an in house manager with contract staff doing everything else.

We have complimented our in house with contract for large conferences etc. but do not use them daily.

Years ago when working contract, a group of us complimented an in house operation for a shopping mall opening which last about 10 days.
      Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
      Groucho Marx

Comment

At my contract site, we answer to several in-house security supervisors and an in-house security manager... it works out pretty well.

I would think that a system that uses in-house patrol officers (perhaps armed) suplemented by contract "warm-body" "Observe and Report" officers to act as receptionists or man a fixed post might not be a bad idea.
        The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed.

Comment

I only use a Hotel as an example. Not unusall in shopping malls that Mall Managment will contract out to a private security company for coverage, and specific stores in the mall use different private security company.

As example a shopping Mall with 150 stroes may contract out for security
          to Allied Barton, and a Jewerlry or store in the mall that sell expensive women's clothing may contract out to Securitas
          http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

We do a lot of this type of work. We are contracted out by inhouse security a lot and even other security companies in the are because of our squad cars and the 2 armed officers that come with the squad. Its a good service and usually works out nice for all parties.

Its also much cheaper to contract in house security, and sometimes for insurance purposes or liability reasons, contract out an actual licensed and insured company for a specific job.

Comment

I'm hereeee

I already do this. My budget has been cut to 1 man per shift downtown. If we have a large youth group I hire people from a contract agency to work with my guys. They are expected to be a little more than observe & report security but my guy has to be called for every incident. I charge the cost back to the group.

I've noticed in Montreal that the trend is what was also already mentioned. In-house supervisors with contract guards.
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

one of my first posts was a plant in MI tha thad inhouse and us (contract) They used to be all inhouse but slowly were fazing them out (basically they didn't replace them once they retired) On 1st and 2nd shifts there was one inhouse and one contract. On third there was only one contract. We all did the same work

Comment

Originally posted by copelandamuffy
                  I only use a Hotel as an example. Not unusall in shopping malls that Mall Managment will contract out to a private security company for coverage, and specific stores in the mall use different private security company.

As example a shopping Mall with 150 stroes may contract out for security
                  to Allied Barton, and a Jewerlry or store in the mall that sell expensive women's clothing may contract out to Securitas
                  Allied Barton just got into the mall security business. I work for them as an SPO and they offered some of us jobs as supervisors in local malls. Part of the contract that Allied Barton has with the malls is that local store CANNOT hire an outside security firm (say Securitas) and they have to use Allied Barton if they need extra security coverage for special events. If in the even they already have a contract with another firm, they can keep that, but the officers are to stay in the store and cannot act outside of it. Stores of course can have in house security and they are not affected, but when it comes to uniformed security Allied Barton is the only way to go. Some of the stores have off duty police working and that is fine.

On the same topic of mall security. We were providing a little extra security while the malls transitioned into Allied Barton (We were not allowde to be armed...ehh) and most of the malls used off duty and on duty police to supplement the mall security. My question is, why not just arm the mall security?

Comment

Also, the local malls that Allied Barton took over have roving lot patrols (three vehicles) and bike patrols. These are permanent posts, if you are assigned to lot or bike patrol you are doing that the entire shift. In addition the police often patrol with marked cars/bikes and.

OF course in the DC area, the malls are bigger and have more of a gang problem, but the malls are contract inside and outside with police support.

Comment

Easy. An off duty law enforcement officer's weapon is covered under the insurance policy of his agency. He retains his full police powers while working at that mall. The clients think that they have less liability with an armed police officer. Truth is, the mall can be used for what the police do anyway...

Look at Burdines and Dillards, they were sued (successfully) and brought under civil rights investigation for off duty LEOs racially profiling shoplifters.
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                        Easy. An off duty law enforcement officer's weapon is covered under the insurance policy of his agency. He retains his full police powers while working at that mall. The clients think that they have less liability with an armed police officer. Truth is, the mall can be used for what the police do anyway...

Look at Burdines and Dillards, they were sued (successfully) and brought under civil rights investigation for off duty LEOs racially profiling shoplifters.
                        Dillard's still uses off-duty LEOs.

Comment

There is Allied- Barton at one of my competitors malls. They are a joke. All they do is warm boy guarding. They cannot even detain. This is opposed to my mall where we have a Police/Security department. This is a mix of duelly sworn Special Police and Security Officers. I jus think that it is a big gap between the two standards of security.
                          Keeping the parking lots safe, hallways moving and the Chik Fil A busy.

Comment

Originally posted by SEO_09
                            There is Allied- Barton at one of my competitors malls. They are a joke. All they do is warm boy guarding. They cannot even detain. This is opposed to my mall where we have a Police/Security department. This is a mix of duelly sworn Special Police and Security Officers. I jus think that it is a big gap between the two standards of security.
                            SEO_09:
                            Malls get what they pay for. It boils down to dollars and cents, not sense. When things get too hot for management, they either sell it off or make better arrangements for security. No security, property walks out of the door or customers mugged, assaulted or battered, they do an analysis, better and effective security is viewed as return on investment. If that type of security pays off and profit margins trend upward, security stays in place. A dynamic paradigm is at play in these decisions.
                            Enjoy the day,
                            Bill

Comment

Originally posted by SEO_09
                              IT is probably a PREIT run mall. They tend to give their officers handcuffs and OC spray - oh yeah and a campaign cover. Allied Barton will not put armed guards in mall accounts they said, just at the water and sewer authorities and a few select sites. In fact, when we were providing the extra coverage, we were only allowed cuffs and spray, the rest of our gear had to be left at our other account.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X