concealed carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concealed carry

I was wondering how many on the forum live in states that have concealed carry. If so does anyone think that CCW permits should be legal in all states like marraige licenses are. I think they should. Recent FBI reports say that 0.017% of CCW permit holders will be involved in commiting a crime compared to 3% of unlicensed gun holders. I feel it should be a national license, not just reciprocity with certain states. The second ammendment is already taking hits from all sides and CCW is one way that individuals can stand up for legal gun ownership and safety.

To make it federal I would like to see further background checks though. Not the simple background check they do here in Arizona (ncic, etc.). I know I wouldn't have a problem considering I've never even had a traffic ticket.

I live in one (now) that doesn't. There are two groups of civilians (sorta in one case) who get national carry powers, armored couriers and pilots. (The pilots get deputized as LEOs for the purpose of carrying guns.)

Then, of course, HR218 allows you to carry if you're a retired LEO anywhere in the nation.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Michigan is a "Shall Issue" state. The first 3 years they say (depending on who you talk to) the crime rate dropped 10%.
      As far as HR 218 goes Michigan doesn't have a state standard for firearm qualification so it's still in limbo here. It was given to the attorney general a couple of years ago but no opinion yet. I got tired of waiting and got a regular permit, good for 5 years, no yearly qualification and valid in most of the states I travel in.

Comment

It would make things easier for people like me, who travel daily between different states, and a federal CCW would make concerns of violations go away.. maybe in time!?!?
        Deputy Sheriff

Comment

VA is both open carry with exceptions and CCW with exceptions.
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

We have concealed carry here in Washington... Hell, we technically have open carry here. To get your CPL (Conc. Pistol Lic.) you just walk into an LE agency, give em your 60 bucks, fill out a form, wait a week and tada... its yours.
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Rooney
              legal in all states like marraige licenses are. I think they should. .
              A little thing called the Constitution says that:

Article. IV.

Section. 1.

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

So your CCW should be good in all 50 states and the possessions but thanks to our anti-gun Neuroticrats it isn't so or at least hasn't been tested in the Supreme Court.

Comment

With our anti-gun governer in office, we'll never see a CCW law here in WI. They ONLY way to get a temporary CCW is by special permission from a police chief, sheriff or a judge, providing you give cause. I've recieved temporary CCW permits several times from a judge because of the cases I was working on at the time.

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                There are two groups of civilians (sorta in one case) who get national carry powers, armored couriers and pilots. (The pilots get deputized as LEOs for the purpose of carrying guns.) Then, of course, HR218 allows you to carry if you're a retired LEO anywhere in the nation.
                Not in Wisconsin. WI governer, "Diamond Jim" Doyle does not recognize HR218.
                "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Comment

How do you "not recongize" a federal law? I can see his AG prohibiting any agency from giving out the retired certification, but not denying carry for LEOs from other jurisidictions.

The second someone pops an active duty on vacation, the state is gonna look at one hell of a Civil rights violation lawsuit.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Louisiana is open carry and shall issue State CCW permit. Of course, open carry results in complaints from irrational citizens who call 911 when they see someone legally carrying. This then leads to police harrasement. Also, some police agency heads publicly oppose any open carry in their jurisdictions. Currently there is a lawsuit against the Police Department and the Chief of Gonzales, La by a citizen who was arrested and had his weapon confiscated after lawfully open carrying at a public shopping center. The Chief told the press that he doesn't care what the State law says, citizens will not carry guns while he's in office.
                    Better to conceal carry and avoid much of the attention open carry brings.
                    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard
                      Louisiana is open carry and shall issue State CCW permit. Of course, open carry results in complaints from irrational citizens who call 911 when they see someone legally carrying. This then leads to police harrasement. Also, some police agency heads publicly oppose any open carry in their jurisdictions. Currently there is a lawsuit against the Police Department and the Chief of Gonzales, La by a citizen who was arrested and had his weapon confiscated after lawfully open carrying at a public shopping center. The Chief told the press that he doesn't care what the State law says, citizens will not carry guns while he's in office.
                      Better to conceal carry and avoid much of the attention open carry brings.
                      Chief told the press, "Blah, blah, blah, I have no real understanding of Section 1983 civil rights violations, I really do want to have my life savings taken away by someone suing me for explicit approval of the violation of civil rights by means of color of law..."

Comment

Actually the quote was- "I don't care what the laws or the Supreme Court say. WE are NOT going to have people running around, wearing guns, with women and children everywhere."
                        More info about the case here-> http://libertyzone.blogspot.com/2006...eme-court.html
                        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Sounds like the chief of Gonzales La. has been in with the ninth circuit. Someone is going to be in for a BIG lawsuit someday with all of these "I know better than the law" people trying to self govern in office with no respect for the laws of the nation. Concealed carry should be a right in ALL states. Granted that good background checks and training are in place.
                          As for the Wisconson governor, he should realize that he is only hurting his chances for re-election and also hurting his party. I would love to be a retired LEO and let them confiscate my weapon while in his state. I would be able to buy as much cheese as I could handle. Maybe I could buy off the Packers next time they play my Vikings. (I know they suck this year but its "A rebuilding year" lol).

Comment

Originally posted by Rooney
                            Sounds like the chief of Gonzales La. has been in with the ninth circuit. Someone is going to be in for a BIG lawsuit someday with all of these "I know better than the law" people trying to self govern in office with no respect for the laws of the nation. Concealed carry should be a right in ALL states. Granted that good background checks and training are in place.
                            As for the Wisconson governor, he should realize that he is only hurting his chances for re-election and also hurting his party. I would love to be a retired LEO and let them confiscate my weapon while in his state. I would be able to buy as much cheese as I could handle. Maybe I could buy off the Packers next time they play my Vikings. (I know they suck this year but its "A rebuilding year" lol).
                            They keep electing him. He was "supposed to be out" this year, but nope.

Comment

In Florida you can carry concealed by permit. It can be a weapon or a firearm. Basically just about anything you can conceal is legal as long as it’s not fully automatic and not a nuke. Which kind of scares me because there are some here that have the John Wayne syndrome and carry stuff around that has no purpose in personal defense unless you’re up against a tank, an army or some Samurai on horseback. I know some years back a loop hole in the CC law allowed people to open carry. But it got quickly revamped before it got out of control. But from what I understand during this time few people did open carry but those that had never got arrested or fined. Though it seems odd and a little uncomfortable (at least to me) to me to see people open carry. However I also admit that most bad guys that see a potential vic wearing a sidearm would no doubt go someplace else. Security may carry concealed here on a temporary basis but not under the ccw law but by the state's security industry statues.
                              My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X