$57 for Fingerprinting???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $57 for Fingerprinting???

Our company just received a letter from the Department of Regulation and Licensing stating that effective January 1st, 2007, it will be mandatory that all new applicants for security guards must go to a private vendor to have their fingerprints taken. So, ontop of the $105 licensing fee that just went up this year, we now will have to pay Promissor $57 to get our guards fingerprinted! Before this, we have always been able to send our guards to the local police department to get their fingerprints taken, a charge of $3 only. Any other states have to do this??? What are your local fees for guard licensing/fingerprinting?

I've heard of a fingerprint processing fee, but never "You must go to this vendor, and this vendor alone, and then get your fingerprints taken." Is there a perticular reason that its Promissar? Is this a LiveScan AFIS system or some BS?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

From what I understood from the letter, Promissor is currently the only vendor right now. It didnt state anything about them looking for other vendors. However, it did state that Promissor was looking into opening up some more locations. There are only like 9 throughout all of WI. The closest one in Milwaukee I think is in Brookfield???

They said in the letter that it will make the process faster, as Promissor I guess will send it electronically to the FBI, eliminating the need to get a $10 extra "temporary" permit.

Comment

Aw free enterprise. Got to love it!
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Here in Michigan if someone in the security company is trained, they can take the fingerprints. But there is a $54 processing fee to be paid to the State. License fees are between $200 and $300 but that's just for the company. Security guards themselves are not licensed here.

Comment

Fingerprints here are done at the sheriffs office. They charge $9 for the card and printing. The background check was $50 for my CCW and another $65 for a 5 year permit.

Comment

This sounds like the state no longer trusts the police departments to do prints, or they want everything to do with DRL licenses done at one vendor (Promissor, who also administers the tests for most professions, including PIs. Security persons do not take a test, just submit money and prints and forms.)

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

From what I have found out, only School Bus Drivers and Hazardous Waste Professionals currently do this. It seems that all industries will sooner or later have to do this. That will be MAJOR business for Promissor if EVERY licensed individual with the state has to pay them $57.

I know in Illinois nurses have to use outside vendors. They actually have Mobile Fingerprinting companies. They actually come out to you!

Great idea for a new business here! Anyone steals my idea, just give our company free fingerprinting as compensation for the idea!!

Comment

I love this one vendor system.

Comment

Free fingerprinting if arrested.
                    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X