No announcement yet.

Funnest thing you have been called

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's interesting. When your on private property that isn't in control of the person your recording, you usually can exert your authority to record "your" property.

If its considered "public" property, then there's no expectation of privacy. I'm surprised that states would limit that - it would make it harder for public government agencies to videotape/record without warrant.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyhat
      Just remember to check your states criminal code on recording others w/out their permission. Pocket recorders are a good tool, but they sure can turn-around and bite you in the a$$. <------That's from a lil' bit of my own experience.
      Here, as long as one party is aware of being recorded it is not considered wiretapping, even if it is the person with the recorder. As long as I am one party being recorded then it is perfectly legal. It also is not considered wiretapping if the recorder is in plain view.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Legality aside, my point was that behavior is not tolerated by me or the officers I work with. If somebody in law enforcement wants to accuse me of doing something illegal, he has two options: arrest me or let me go and quit running his mouth. Either way, this person will end up in trouble with his command staff and most likely sued for civil rights violations or illegal detention. I am a professional. I do not have the time or patience for ego contests or games.
        "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Top Flight and Rent-a-Pig is what I've heard the most. I really just laugh it off. Rent-a-Pig I thought was pretty funny, Top Flight I thought was just stupid. I think the kid who said it thought it was pretty stupid too after the PD cited him for criminal trespass.
          10-8

Comment

I've noticed that most of the "urban" kids who use "Top Flight" usually do something really stupid after they use it, like touch, trespass, etc. Something that requires detention or enforcement action.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              I've noticed that most of the "urban" kids who use "Top Flight" usually do something really stupid after they use it, like touch, trespass, etc. Something that requires detention or enforcement action.
              Exactly. This kid thought he'd be a punk so I just had the police come out and take care of him.
              10-8

Comment

Where to start?!?!

People like to add colorful prefixes to "Rent-A-Cop." I've been called a "Faggot RAC" before. I may be gay, but I could eff someone up. :-D
                Liability is never above officer safety. Do what you must to make sure you go home safe.

William-2, 10-6 for 105. Yep, I'm at Starbucks!

I may be gay, but I'll eff you up!

Personal Web Site

Cheap, Quality Web Design! Put a great cop on the beat by helping with my tuition! :-D

Comment

I know this is an older thread, but I had to post anyway.

I was once ordered - I didn't want to do it - to work some mall shifts because they needed help on the weekends.
                  Anyhoo, one Friday night a bunch of teens were getting rowdy at a table in the food court. I went up to them with the intention of getting them to move on.
                  I succeeded, and one girl, with another agreeing, said that "You're too nice to be a security guard, you should be a cop."

To this day I'm pretty sure it was a compliment.

wjohnc
                  aah, the mall. I'll never do it again
                  Rule #1: Go home at the end of the day in an upright position, with everything attached, and with peace of mind for having done the job well.
                  "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." - John Wayne (in his last movie 'The Shootist')

Comment

I still like being called artificial bacon.

Comment

I actually talked to a security officer that asked one of those joke companies that make fake puke to make him a box of artificial bacon so when people called him artificial bacon. hed could say im not artificial bacon this is. want some?
                      "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

The Wackenhut Corporation has several types of uniforms and the one I wear is tan and looks very sharp. It kind of looks like the Florida State Trooper uniform. So alot of people automatically mistake me for an FHP officer. It's so funny. But I hate it when a couple of kids say " Arrest him...blah, blah, blah..." or some parent has their child with them and they try to keep their kid from acting up so they tell their child that I am going to take them away to jail or something...poor kid...but they don't consider that abusing a child I guess.
                        I've been working as a Security Officer for almost 3 years. Worked for Wackenhut as a Custom Protection Officer (CPO) and Securitas where I was a SGT. and Site Supervisor. I am currently employed by Guardsmark. I have worked as security in a hospital dealing with Baker Acts, the Morgue, fire, etc and Beach Resorts dealing with Spring Breakers in Panama City, Florida and even worked as a uniformed Loss Prevention Officer in a major department store using CCTV....

Comment

the ones that yell security when you walk past really annoy me.one bloke got quite offended when after about 20 times he said security as i walked past so when i walked past the next time i heard security so i said tosser he got quite offended by that for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                            I still like being called artificial bacon.
                            ...Me to.
                            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by K9BITESME
                              .... or some parent has their child with them and they try to keep their kid from acting up so they tell their child that I am going to take them away to jail or something...poor kid...
                              It's a shame that some parents employ that tactic. All it does is make the kid fear the police instead of viewing them as a source of protection.
                              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Chubba Chuppa...

Like a sucker, lollipop on a stick, what have you. I find it rather amusing at the time.

Of course, I've had the odd one go stupid, calling me a rent-a-cop. I explain, in detail, I was not any such thing. First, I was not a cop, and second, I made more money than the cops, hence, I wasn't for rent.

Then of course, you get the Chubbers thing. More idiots talking plastic cop, and shouting things out of passing vehicle.

I had one at a store one night say something I can't exactly post in this environment. I mentioned to him that should he feel the urge to exit the vehicle, he could feel free to engage me in intelligent conversation or take his best shot. If he felt the need, he was welcomed to bring his three friends with him. For some reason, he just couldn't seem to get the nerve up to get out of the vehicle.

I almost felt like saying, "You will respect my AUTHORITAY!" I resisted, considering I really don't have any, and the fact that I tend to be somewhat edgy about what I do.

I go out, I do the absolute best job I can possibly perform, even going that little extra mile should it be called upon. No, I don't wash windows, nor do I vacuum floors (well, not while on duty...on the occasion to keep the wife happy, yes). I am a patrol officer, (currently working dispatch). I have upwards of 50 places I have to be every night, including answer alarm responses, attending break and enters and doing the occasions "Right, you guys need to move along" thing.

I don't have TIME to sit around and play taxi, or anything else. Most nights, my 12 hours are full. Makes the time go quicker.

Okay, I'm going to shut up now....I've definitely overspent my .5 cents.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X