Funnest thing you have been called

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funnest thing you have been called

Ok we have all been called Rent-A-Cops, Flashlight Cops, Top flight ETC... What is the funniest thing you have been called. I would have to say Flashlight Cop. I was called this by some one i was kicking out the other day. i was quick to point out the fact that i did not have a flashlight on me at the time ( at least it wasnt visible). So there fore i cant be a flashlight cop. The guy was qucik to reach into his coat and act like he had something in there ( he was just un zipping it but his back was to us and he was trying to act cool in front of his friend) But when he was met with 2 cans of OC in his face and a PD patrol car passing by in front of him he quickly stoped reaching and left.
    Robert
    Here endith the lesson

Ah, I love ____-a-cop. My favorite reply was, when I was feeling particularly uppity, "Did you know there's no such thing a security brutality?"
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyhat
      One tough-guy referred to my partner as a "Rent-a Cop." This ole' Ranger said "I'm not for rent, and I'm not a Cop, that means I can kick your a** and most likely I'll get away with it." Coolest damn thing I ever heard.
      Thats beautiful!!

Comment

A kid told me "I DON'T OBEY ARTIFICIAL BACON!"
        "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

After some surveys, what I've been called is uprintable. That is why, in this business, security and law enforcement, you must develope a thick skin and do a professional job at every turn.
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

The question should be: What haven't I been called?

Comment

When the building manager called my employers the GD' Spic and Kike, I decided to look more closely. When I left he referred to me as the GD' Irish Nazi. A word to a FBI agent and an assistant US Attorney goes a long way!As an aside, he is spending this Christmas and he has for the past two Christmas's, in a federal penitentiary.
              Enjoy the day,
              Bill

Comment

not so much what I was called but an interesting development from it. I was training a new officer on patrol when after checking a building we came out and found a very drunk individual sitting on the trunk of our cruiser. he called us rent a pigs and told us to get 'real' jobs. after I told my probie to call dispatch and request pd he flashed a badge in my face and said he was the police. after repeatedly asking him to show some more id he jumped in his buddies car about the same time pd rolled up. for his trouble he got a felony stop AND after speaking with the desk lt we found out he was a cop from another town and found out he had performed this many times in the past. well, about a month later me and my probie had to testify at his admin hearing and he lost his job....wonder if he's called anyone a rent a pig since. (now that I think of it he's probably working security somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
                  When the building manager called my employers the GD' Spic and Kike, I decided to look more closely. When I left he referred to me as the GD' Irish Nazi. A word to a FBI agent and an assistant US Attorney goes a long way!As an aside, he is spending this Christmas and he has for the past two Christmas's, in a federal penitentiary.
                  Enjoy the day,
                  Bill
                  And that, is outstanding.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Doughnut eater.

I had to correct the guy; I hate doughnuts, and his warrant hadn't really been quashed.

Comment

rent a cops

I loved being called "RENT A COP".

Myself and my partner both worked security in a Mall in Salina, KS. We loved being called RENT A COP so much, when we decided to start making short films, we named our production company "RENT A COP PICTURES".

Comment

Thank you N.A. for that kind response. I do take what I do seriously. I follow a simple principle: "Do not ask me to do something or ask a question for which you are not ready for the results or the answer." All my clients are sent a security guide/checklist in advance of the survey, along with my fee structure. I underline the portions dealing with Title 18 USC, Sections 3 and 4 and/or state law of facilitation. Sometimes the answer is, "Thank you, but we've chosen another consultant." They have an out, fee too high. N.A., they know full well, I'll pull the string in a heartbeat. Hardass, no; fair and objective, yes.
                        As a matter of principle, I never take a client's paperwork so as to fashion a completed survey having never been on site or visiting the site to submit a finished product. That represents his estimation using me as cover. Anything happens, and I'm in serious trouble, not to mention the ethics of it all.
                        Thanks again for those kind remarks.
                        Enjoy the day,
                        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                          A kid told me "I DON'T OBEY ARTIFICIAL BACON!"
                          That's hilarious!! I think I would burst out laughing if someone called me that for the first time. At least the kid came up with (or heard) a classic!
                          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                            That's hilarious!! I think I would burst out laughing if someone called me that for the first time. At least the kid came up with (or heard) a classic!
                            and I did indeed laugh. He still got a ticket though.
                            "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

I HATE the term Rent-A-Cop.
                              If you want to rent a cop go to the local LEO and arrainge with them to have an officer assigned to your facility, in uniform, on his off duty hours. You pay the department and they put the word out at roll calls that they have an "extra duty assignment" available for someone looking to make some extra money. The Cop gets some extra spending money and you get a trained uniformed law enforcement professional with full arrest powers sitting in a Real police car outside of your place of business or patroling around inside. It's not cheap but you get what you pay for. My dad was a cop and made much of his money from working extra duty assignments when businesses needed to Rent A Cop.
                              I'm not a cop. I don't play one on TV. I work as private security and medical response observing and reporting problems and enforcing my client's facility rules and policies in addition to being available for medical duties as needed on site.
                              Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X