X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hemi444
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Too bad that security companies don't monitor ebay for uniforms that are being sold there. I have seen Guardsmark and Securitas uniforms for sale and they are NOT defunct companies. Why don't security companies (and LE too) require that a substantial security deposit be withheld until a badge is returned? Nothing like money to make people "honest."
    I know allied security has a plan were you pay like $12 every pay until you reach 125 an then when you leave and return the uniforms, you get all of that back. My frind was stupid and did not return his and lost out.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Marchetti, David, M
    In Connecticut it's a crime to use a security badge, pose as a Security Officer, seek work as a Security Comapny if your not really employed as a Security Officer. And the State Police will arrest you.
    So far, that's Texas and Connecticut. Florida has no such law, as there's no powers invested in the office of "security officer," so no need to regulate the badge.

WI also has no regulations against it that I can find. It acknoledges "Private Police Officers," in that only public law enforcement officers are protected under impersonation, battery, resisting, etc statutes. Private Officers are not.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Update: Ebay has announced that soon each item for sale will have a "report this item" button. Now it will not be necessary to contact an ebay representative directly when sellers violate ebays policies. Looks like they read your mind N.A.
    Outstanding. I am an avid ebayer, for reasons I will restate - equipment of all types at cheap prices. It is good that ebay is directly addressing this issue.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    If your bored, report this to ebay via safe harbor. Its against ebay policy to sell confidential uniforms relating to homeland security.
    Update: Ebay has announced that soon each item for sale will have a "report this item" button. Now it will not be necessary to contact an ebay representative directly when sellers violate ebays policies. Looks like they read your mind N.A.
    Last edited by Mr. Security; 01-30-2006, 10:37 AM. Reason: Bold not working.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I used to think 40 was cold. I'd be in a under armor turtleneck, long sleeve uniform shirt, and black flight gloves, WITH my uniform coat on.

Yeah. Now days, I wear a parka with thinsulate gloves and thinsulate boots. Its 44 degrees in my apartment right now, because most apartments in "historic downtown" were built in 1930s with baseboard heat. But, you know what?

44 > 2. I don't even notice that its cold anymore. I notice when I go outside, now that's cold.

Leave a comment:

• Echos13
    replied
    It was Florida. We didn't have winter down there. 40 degrees is not cold. Looking up at my GNOME task bar, I see that it is currently -2 degrees F. Negative Two.
    Never known any to be found shirtless at any given time due to problems of being let go. But maybe it would be a good example in some cases.

Well, anything below 60 is cold to me! I was born and raised here in Florida mostly. So OK, I'm a summer wimp!

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Tough during winter huh?
    It was Florida. We didn't have winter down there. 40 degrees is not cold. Looking up at my GNOME task bar, I see that it is currently -2 degrees F. Negative Two.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    I still remember a company policy for recovering a terminated employee's identification, equipment, and uniform. A supervisor would show up to your site at start of shift. You had BEST be wearing an undershirt, because he's leaving with your Company ID, Collar Brass, Duty Rig (If company owned), Weapon (If company owned), and your uniform shirt with badge on it.
    Tough during winter huh?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I still remember a company policy for recovering a terminated employee's identification, equipment, and uniform. A supervisor would show up to your site at start of shift. You had BEST be wearing an undershirt, because he's leaving with your Company ID, Collar Brass, Duty Rig (If company owned), Weapon (If company owned), and your uniform shirt with badge on it.

We had a guy, my first day of being armed, who went ballistic on site and refused to be relieved. He went off on the Staff Sergeant who was sent to relieve him. I was just like, "WTF?" Then the Staff Sergeant told me to call the police to remove him. That was the first day that I drew my service weapon, and the first day I was unofficially reprimanded for deafening a superior officer.

Idiot boy, still with his weapon in its holster, made a threat towards the Staff Sergeant and put his hand on his gun. Being "new" with a weapon, I automatically responded with the appropriate level of force. After that, he cooperated completely out of fear that I'd shoot him. I eventually got better, at least.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    I have never worked for a security company but I have worked for three police agencies. None of my PD's have had trouble recovering uniforms, badges, ID's, etc. I remember an officer that went into the LT's office in full uniform and came out (a few minutes later) minus gun belt, badge, ID, collar brass, patch. It seems like a heard Ray Charles signing "Hit The Road Jack" and he left the building.
    That's funny! I agree that the police are more proactive in retriving their badges. Still, look at all the so-called "obsolete" police badges available on ebay. If I owned a security patrol company or was responsible for restricting access to police badges, I would be all over ebay "like bees on honey" if I ever saw a listing for my/our badge and/or uniform.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    If your bored, report this to ebay via safe harbor. Its against ebay policy to sell confidential uniforms relating to homeland security.
    I've done that a couple of times. Ebay is pretty good about responding when I do notify them. The discouraging part is that when I notified the respective companies, I receive an apathetic reply. That's when I decided not to get involved anymore. After all, if the companies don't seem to care, I can think of a few better things to do with my time.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Recently the feds and local police broke up a ring selling bogus badges and credentials for most of the federal agencies including the agency I retired from, US Marshals Service.
    I hope they, buyers and sellers, enjoy doing serious federal time.
    I keep my retired credentials with me at all times. If stolen, it will be from my dead body.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Too bad that security companies don't monitor ebay for uniforms that are being sold there. I have seen Guardsmark and Securitas uniforms for sale and they are NOT defunct companies. Why don't security companies (and LE too) require that a substantial security deposit be withheld until a badge is returned? Nothing like money to make people "honest."
    I have never worked for a security company but I have worked for three police agencies. None of my PD's have had trouble recovering uniforms, badges, ID's, etc. I remember an officer that went into the LT's office in full uniform and came out (a few minutes later) minus gun belt, badge, ID, collar brass, patch. It seems like a heard Ray Charles signing "Hit The Road Jack" and he left the building.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Better yet, WHY was she allowed to leave that office with a company uniform on, when she was a terminated employee? Did they think they would magically get it back? People LOVE to keep uniforms, as a way to spite companies, or because they're too lazy to return them. They actually had to add, in Florida, that not turning your uniforms in is grounds for arrest (Theft) and revocation of licenses.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X