No announcement yet.

Officer of The Year Nominee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to think 40 was cold. I'd be in a under armor turtleneck, long sleeve uniform shirt, and black flight gloves, WITH my uniform coat on.

Yeah. Now days, I wear a parka with thinsulate gloves and thinsulate boots. Its 44 degrees in my apartment right now, because most apartments in "historic downtown" were built in 1930s with baseboard heat. But, you know what?

44 > 2. I don't even notice that its cold anymore. I notice when I go outside, now that's cold.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      If your bored, report this to ebay via safe harbor. Its against ebay policy to sell confidential uniforms relating to homeland security.
      Update: Ebay has announced that soon each item for sale will have a "report this item" button. Now it will not be necessary to contact an ebay representative directly when sellers violate ebays policies. Looks like they read your mind N.A.
      Last edited by Mr. Security; 01-30-2006, 09:37 AM. Reason: Bold not working.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
        Update: Ebay has announced that soon each item for sale will have a "report this item" button. Now it will not be necessary to contact an ebay representative directly when sellers violate ebays policies. Looks like they read your mind N.A.
        Outstanding. I am an avid ebayer, for reasons I will restate - equipment of all types at cheap prices. It is good that ebay is directly addressing this issue.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Marchetti, David, M
          In Connecticut it's a crime to use a security badge, pose as a Security Officer, seek work as a Security Comapny if your not really employed as a Security Officer. And the State Police will arrest you.
          So far, that's Texas and Connecticut. Florida has no such law, as there's no powers invested in the office of "security officer," so no need to regulate the badge.

WI also has no regulations against it that I can find. It acknoledges "Private Police Officers," in that only public law enforcement officers are protected under impersonation, battery, resisting, etc statutes. Private Officers are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
            Too bad that security companies don't monitor ebay for uniforms that are being sold there. I have seen Guardsmark and Securitas uniforms for sale and they are NOT defunct companies. Why don't security companies (and LE too) require that a substantial security deposit be withheld until a badge is returned? Nothing like money to make people "honest."
            I know allied security has a plan were you pay like $12 every pay until you reach 125 an then when you leave and return the uniforms, you get all of that back. My frind was stupid and did not return his and lost out.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X