Officer of The Year Nominee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer of The Year Nominee

INDIANAPOLIS -- A woman who had been training to be a security guard at the RCA Dome was caught shoplifting at an Indianapolis store while wearing her security uniform, police said.
    Officer Arrested
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

Give the CSS company "branch of the year," as well. Shoplifiting is a crime directly related to the security industry. The fact that they're so warm body that they put people in uniform before their background cleared speaks volumes.

You know, I can get a 50 state background check in 30 minutes, for 69.99 a year. Criminal, Civil, DMV. WHY do these companies insist that the "background check" is so difficult? Could it possibly be because they don't DO background checks, since they're "costly," and instead rely on blind faith and state licensing background checks?

Better yet, WHY was she allowed to leave that office with a company uniform on, when she was a terminated employee? Did they think they would magically get it back? People LOVE to keep uniforms, as a way to spite companies, or because they're too lazy to return them. They actually had to add, in Florida, that not turning your uniforms in is grounds for arrest (Theft) and revocation of licenses.
    Last edited by N. A. Corbier; 11-29-2005, 02:37 AM. Reason: Hell no, I'm not done...
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

This ain't "officer of the year", more like "goober guard of the year". You see what kind of people end up doing this work? Sheesh.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
        You see what kind of people end up doing this work? Sheesh.
        Well, you know how we are.
        If you can't see the humor, leave your gun at the door!

Comment

Originally posted by Blame_The_Guard
          Well, you know how we are.
          "Oh but they said I could have it! It was a gratuity!"
          "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            Better yet, WHY was she allowed to leave that office with a company uniform on, when she was a terminated employee? Did they think they would magically get it back? People LOVE to keep uniforms, as a way to spite companies, or because they're too lazy to return them. They actually had to add, in Florida, that not turning your uniforms in is grounds for arrest (Theft) and revocation of licenses.
            Too bad that security companies don't monitor ebay for uniforms that are being sold there. I have seen Guardsmark and Securitas uniforms for sale and they are NOT defunct companies. Why don't security companies (and LE too) require that a substantial security deposit be withheld until a badge is returned? Nothing like money to make people "honest."
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

If your bored, report this to ebay via safe harbor. Its against ebay policy to sell confidential uniforms relating to homeland security.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                Too bad that security companies don't monitor ebay for uniforms that are being sold there. I have seen Guardsmark and Securitas uniforms for sale and they are NOT defunct companies. Why don't security companies (and LE too) require that a substantial security deposit be withheld until a badge is returned? Nothing like money to make people "honest."
                I have never worked for a security company but I have worked for three police agencies. None of my PD's have had trouble recovering uniforms, badges, ID's, etc. I remember an officer that went into the LT's office in full uniform and came out (a few minutes later) minus gun belt, badge, ID, collar brass, patch. It seems like a heard Ray Charles signing "Hit The Road Jack" and he left the building.
                I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                -Lieutenant Commander Data
                sigpic

Comment

Recently the feds and local police broke up a ring selling bogus badges and credentials for most of the federal agencies including the agency I retired from, US Marshals Service.
                  I hope they, buyers and sellers, enjoy doing serious federal time.
                  I keep my retired credentials with me at all times. If stolen, it will be from my dead body.
                  Enjoy the day,
                  Bill

Comment

If your bored, report this to ebay via safe harbor. Its against ebay policy to sell confidential uniforms relating to homeland security.
                    I've done that a couple of times. Ebay is pretty good about responding when I do notify them. The discouraging part is that when I notified the respective companies, I receive an apathetic reply. That's when I decided not to get involved anymore. After all, if the companies don't seem to care, I can think of a few better things to do with my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                      I have never worked for a security company but I have worked for three police agencies. None of my PD's have had trouble recovering uniforms, badges, ID's, etc. I remember an officer that went into the LT's office in full uniform and came out (a few minutes later) minus gun belt, badge, ID, collar brass, patch. It seems like a heard Ray Charles signing "Hit The Road Jack" and he left the building.
                      That's funny! I agree that the police are more proactive in retriving their badges. Still, look at all the so-called "obsolete" police badges available on ebay. If I owned a security patrol company or was responsible for restricting access to police badges, I would be all over ebay "like bees on honey" if I ever saw a listing for my/our badge and/or uniform.

Comment

I still remember a company policy for recovering a terminated employee's identification, equipment, and uniform. A supervisor would show up to your site at start of shift. You had BEST be wearing an undershirt, because he's leaving with your Company ID, Collar Brass, Duty Rig (If company owned), Weapon (If company owned), and your uniform shirt with badge on it.

We had a guy, my first day of being armed, who went ballistic on site and refused to be relieved. He went off on the Staff Sergeant who was sent to relieve him. I was just like, "WTF?" Then the Staff Sergeant told me to call the police to remove him. That was the first day that I drew my service weapon, and the first day I was unofficially reprimanded for deafening a superior officer.

Idiot boy, still with his weapon in its holster, made a threat towards the Staff Sergeant and put his hand on his gun. Being "new" with a weapon, I automatically responded with the appropriate level of force. After that, he cooperated completely out of fear that I'd shoot him. I eventually got better, at least.

Comment

I still remember a company policy for recovering a terminated employee's identification, equipment, and uniform. A supervisor would show up to your site at start of shift. You had BEST be wearing an undershirt, because he's leaving with your Company ID, Collar Brass, Duty Rig (If company owned), Weapon (If company owned), and your uniform shirt with badge on it.
                          Tough during winter huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                            Tough during winter huh?
                            It was Florida. We didn't have winter down there. 40 degrees is not cold. Looking up at my GNOME task bar, I see that it is currently -2 degrees F. Negative Two.

Comment

It was Florida. We didn't have winter down there. 40 degrees is not cold. Looking up at my GNOME task bar, I see that it is currently -2 degrees F. Negative Two.
                              Never known any to be found shirtless at any given time due to problems of being let go. But maybe it would be a good example in some cases.

Well, anything below 60 is cold to me! I was born and raised here in Florida mostly. So OK, I'm a summer wimp!
                              My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X