1. Email

2. Personal unlimited Nextel

3. Three meals a week

Free meal every shift

Insurance including dental but not eyes

Free room when I have to do a back to back

Employee rate at Intercontential & Starwood hotels

Friends and family rate to anyone I want to give it to at my hotels

Family rate at other Starwood hotels for family. (Some Intercontential also offer it)

Internet

Pager that I use as much for personal as work

Dry cleaning

2 suits and 3 shirts

If I had a car, free parking
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Shin splints, bone spurs....

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
        Shin splints, bone spurs....

You about caused me to pop a few staples outta my stomach Mr. R. LOL.

Comment

No medical... No meals... 10% off SOME mall purchases.
          "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

Zip, nada. We even have to pay for our own guard cards.
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
              Zip, nada. We even have to pay for our own guard cards.
              Same. The company holds the fee out of our check, they send us the blank card and it's up to us to go to a CVS or Wal-greens stoore to get a passport size photo and laminate the card. At least they provide uniforms.
              Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard
                Same. The company holds the fee out of our check, they send us the blank card and it's up to us to go to a CVS or Wal-greens stoore to get a passport size photo and laminate the card. At least they provide uniforms.
                I could understand signing an agreement to refund the fee to the company on a prorated basis if one left before the license expired. Unfortunately, the legislature, in its infinite wisdom, didn't include any wording in the new law that the company must incur the expense, so we have to eat it.
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Where I work there are a few fringe benefits.

1) Free uniforms and equipment when hired and $300.00 for uniform and

equipment allowance per year.

2) $300.00 for boots when hired and another $300.00 for boot allowance per

year.

3) Free prescription safety glasses.

4) Discounts on rifles, pistols, and accessories.

5) A supply warehouse full of everything from briefcases to pens and

markers to recordable cds to pocket knives and padlocks. This place has

just about everything and it's all free.

6) Health and life insurance.

7) Thift Savings Plan with matching funds from the government.

8) New dental and vision plans.

9) Federal retirement.

We're also supposed to be reimbursed for any college classes we take that

pertain to our duties at work. Unfortunately, some high level supervisors say

we can, but others say we can't. We can't get a straight answer from

anyone.
                  Last edited by FederalSecurity; 11-19-2006, 12:52 PM. Reason: Additional Benefit?
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
                  - Thomas Jefferson

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
                  — Vince Lombardi

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

IX. Strive to attain professional competence.

Comment

Full Medical and I think full dental, but it might be 80%.

Discount on COSTCO membership.

I will have to look again at my benefit package...
                    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by FederalSecurity
                      Where I work there are a few fringe benefits.

1) Free uniforms and equipment when hired and $300.00 for uniform and

equipment allowance per year.

2) $300.00 for boots when hired and another $300.00 for boot allowance per

year.

3) Free prescription safety glasses.

4) Discounts on rifles, pistols, and accessories.

5) A supply warehouse full of everything from briefcases to pens and

markers to recordable cds to pocket knives and padlocks. This place has

just about everything and it's all free.

6) Health and life insurance.

7) Thift Savings Plan with matching funds from the government.

8) New dental and vision plans.

9) Federal retirement.
                      It has been awhile, but if the tax codes have not changed, half of what you spend keeping your uniforms cleaned or dry-cleaned can be taken off as deduction.
                      Enjoy the day,
                      Bill

Comment

Bill,

I'll have to check on these things, but they already sound promising.
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
                        - Thomas Jefferson

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
                        — Vince Lombardi

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

IX. Strive to attain professional competence.

Comment

Major medical bc/bs

Eye

Dental

$250,000 accidental/dismemberment @ $10.00 a month

$50,000 death benefit paid by the company.

Five year retirement plan option.

100% tuition for any class as long as it is security related training or college.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                            I could understand signing an agreement to refund the fee to the company on a prorated basis if one left before the license expired. Unfortunately, the legislature, in its infinite wisdom, didn't include any wording in the new law that the company must incur the expense, so we have to eat it.
                            That's not wisdom on their part. You're the guard, you get to pay for the license to practice your occupation. If they mandated the employer pay for the employee's license, it would start a dangerous precident in every licensed industry.

Construction workers (contractors) suddenly demanding that the GC firm pay for their license fees. Everyone from cops to nurses to chefs (all regulated by some kind of licensing, in most states) would have a big case.

I've never heard of a state that makes the employer pay for the occupational license. Even better, if they have to pay... You'd have to find a guard company to hire you before you could get your license. Which means that they could effectively choose who works in the industry in that state.
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Wackenhut paid for my license up front, but it was taken from my check. Securitas paid for my license, I never recieved my license, but they still deducted from my pay.
                              "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X