Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your job provide any fringe benefits?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Your job provide any fringe benefits?

    I have three:

    1. Email

    2. Personal unlimited Nextel

    3. Three meals a week

  • #2
    Free meal every shift

    Insurance including dental but not eyes

    Free room when I have to do a back to back

    Employee rate at Intercontential & Starwood hotels

    Friends and family rate to anyone I want to give it to at my hotels

    Family rate at other Starwood hotels for family. (Some Intercontential also offer it)

    Internet

    Pager that I use as much for personal as work

    Dry cleaning

    2 suits and 3 shirts

    If I had a car, free parking
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

    Comment


    • #3
      Shin splints, bone spurs....

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by wilrobnson
        Shin splints, bone spurs....


        You about caused me to pop a few staples outta my stomach Mr. R. LOL.

        Comment


        • #5
          No medical... No meals... 10% off SOME mall purchases.
          "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

          Comment


          • #6
            Zip, nada. We even have to pay for our own guard cards.
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mr. Security
              Zip, nada. We even have to pay for our own guard cards.
              Same. The company holds the fee out of our check, they send us the blank card and it's up to us to go to a CVS or Wal-greens stoore to get a passport size photo and laminate the card. At least they provide uniforms.
              Hospital Security Officer

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by EMTGuard
                Same. The company holds the fee out of our check, they send us the blank card and it's up to us to go to a CVS or Wal-greens stoore to get a passport size photo and laminate the card. At least they provide uniforms.
                I could understand signing an agreement to refund the fee to the company on a prorated basis if one left before the license expired. Unfortunately, the legislature, in its infinite wisdom, didn't include any wording in the new law that the company must incur the expense, so we have to eat it.
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Where I work there are a few fringe benefits.

                  1) Free uniforms and equipment when hired and $300.00 for uniform and

                  equipment allowance per year.

                  2) $300.00 for boots when hired and another $300.00 for boot allowance per

                  year.

                  3) Free prescription safety glasses.

                  4) Discounts on rifles, pistols, and accessories.

                  5) A supply warehouse full of everything from briefcases to pens and

                  markers to recordable cds to pocket knives and padlocks. This place has

                  just about everything and it's all free.

                  6) Health and life insurance.

                  7) Thift Savings Plan with matching funds from the government.

                  8) New dental and vision plans.

                  9) Federal retirement.

                  We're also supposed to be reimbursed for any college classes we take that

                  pertain to our duties at work. Unfortunately, some high level supervisors say

                  we can, but others say we can't. We can't get a straight answer from

                  anyone.
                  Last edited by FederalSecurity; 11-19-2006, 12:52 PM. Reason: Additional Benefit?
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
                  - Thomas Jefferson

                  “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
                  — Vince Lombardi

                  "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

                  IX. Strive to attain professional competence.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Full Medical and I think full dental, but it might be 80%.

                    Discount on COSTCO membership.

                    I will have to look again at my benefit package...
                    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                    "The Curve" 1998

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FederalSecurity
                      Where I work there are a few fringe benefits.

                      1) Free uniforms and equipment when hired and $300.00 for uniform and

                      equipment allowance per year.

                      2) $300.00 for boots when hired and another $300.00 for boot allowance per

                      year.

                      3) Free prescription safety glasses.

                      4) Discounts on rifles, pistols, and accessories.

                      5) A supply warehouse full of everything from briefcases to pens and

                      markers to recordable cds to pocket knives and padlocks. This place has

                      just about everything and it's all free.

                      6) Health and life insurance.

                      7) Thift Savings Plan with matching funds from the government.

                      8) New dental and vision plans.

                      9) Federal retirement.
                      It has been awhile, but if the tax codes have not changed, half of what you spend keeping your uniforms cleaned or dry-cleaned can be taken off as deduction.
                      Enjoy the day,
                      Bill

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Bill,

                        I'll have to check on these things, but they already sound promising.
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
                        - Thomas Jefferson

                        “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
                        — Vince Lombardi

                        "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

                        IX. Strive to attain professional competence.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Major medical bc/bs

                          Eye

                          Dental

                          $250,000 accidental/dismemberment @ $10.00 a month

                          $50,000 death benefit paid by the company.

                          Five year retirement plan option.

                          100% tuition for any class as long as it is security related training or college.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mr. Security
                            I could understand signing an agreement to refund the fee to the company on a prorated basis if one left before the license expired. Unfortunately, the legislature, in its infinite wisdom, didn't include any wording in the new law that the company must incur the expense, so we have to eat it.
                            That's not wisdom on their part. You're the guard, you get to pay for the license to practice your occupation. If they mandated the employer pay for the employee's license, it would start a dangerous precident in every licensed industry.

                            Construction workers (contractors) suddenly demanding that the GC firm pay for their license fees. Everyone from cops to nurses to chefs (all regulated by some kind of licensing, in most states) would have a big case.

                            I've never heard of a state that makes the employer pay for the occupational license. Even better, if they have to pay... You'd have to find a guard company to hire you before you could get your license. Which means that they could effectively choose who works in the industry in that state.
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

                            "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wackenhut paid for my license up front, but it was taken from my check. Securitas paid for my license, I never recieved my license, but they still deducted from my pay.
                              "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

                              Comment

                              Leaderboard

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X