Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameras can actually hurt a business

I heard of the following recently.

A guest was swimming in a pool full of people. Something happened (heart attack?) & he went under the water. No one saw him go down. With the people swimming on top of him & splashing the water the lifeguard & other guests did not notice him lying on the bottom. When he is finally noticed the lifeguard does his job & starts CPR. The guest dies.

There is a video tape of the pool. Reviewing it shows exactly how many minutes & seconds the guest was underwater un-noticed. The family is suing based on the tape!
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Hotel Security

It cuts both ways, as the old adage goes. Sometimes it condemns; other times it exonerates. Still, IMO, the pros out way the cons. That's why most police cruisers in the USA have cameras and audio devices installed.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
      It cuts both ways, as the old adage goes. Sometimes it condemns; other times it exonerates. Still, IMO, the pros out way the cons. That's why most police cruisers in the USA have cameras and audio devices installed.
      Is it a fact that MOST police cruisers...... We have a few in Montreal but not many.
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
        Is it a fact that MOST police cruisers...... We have a few in Montreal but not many.
        In the USA, it's more common than not, unless you live in Hicksville or an area that is poorly funded.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

When it comes to personal action in front of the ol video, people get complacant and forget they are just as viewable as the people we are trying to record. It can go both ways.

Most of my corporate malls have video, but mine does not. At anytime, I can drop a call and say "I want CCTV", and they will set me up. I refuse though. Why? Its not because I am afraid my people are in the wrong, cause they arent. Its that our headquarters will set it up so they can view it as well, 24/7. I am not excited about that. I dont need a phone call sometime from above, telling me one of my people are standing in an area over 5 minutes. I get enough grief everyday as it is over violators, I dont need pressure to keep my people moving in the direction that some one above me thinks they know is better. My mall is not like the one on the other side, and therefore, not all apsects apply the same, but when it comes to corporates, they believe one is good for all, and dont consider differences in environments.

Videos can help, and hurt. I went as far as audio on all officers, which clears up alot of issues, and even our own personal video devices in the facility and patrol car. I would like more, but not to keep an eye on the staff, as it is to catch the violator, and coordinate responses.
          Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X