No announcement yet.

You Be The Cop #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill: After you weighed in, I went back and reread the thread. If Nathan makes the move he described, he WILL die if he miscalculates. He is forcing the situation to a climax. If he complies, he buys precious time to evaluate whether he needs to make his move. I know you are both experienced at handling such matters. Still, a desperate move like that must be a LAST resort. I can imagine the woman telling the court: "I wasn't going to shoot him. He made me do it."
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
      Bill: After you weighed in, I went back and reread the thread. If Nathan makes the move he described, he WILL die if he miscalculates. He is forcing the situation to a climax. If he complies, he buys precious time to evaluate whether he needs to make his move. I know you are both experienced at handling such matters. Still, a desperate move like that must be a LAST resort. I can imagine the woman telling the court: "I wasn't going to shoot him. He made me do it."
      Nathan:
      Am I that far off the mark?
      Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Me
        This is not for the weak of heart, nor is this for a time when you think you can make it out alive. If you feel you have no other options, and you're about to eat a slug from that 12 gauge, then this is the time to remember this... You either stand there and die, or you fight and maybe live. Or die. Either way... its past the time to talk and cooperate, its time to act and choose to die fighting.
        As I said. There comes a point when you realize that you're not getting out of this alive without taking action. Then its time to try to kill your opponent. You may, indeed, take buckshot to your trunk while trying to do that. You can only hope that you are strong enough and mad enough to kill the enemy and survive till assistance arrives before the enemy kills you.

If you feel that you can talk your way out of the situation, then its not yet time to force the hand and "survive or die fighting."
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Any Security Officer or Police Officer should have scanned the area for

cover and concealment by the time the situation had escalated to this. I

personally would have attempted a "failure drill", meaning two rounds to

center mass and one round to the head while moving toward cover, or at

least concealment. If I felt like being a miserable excuse for a decent human

being, I would have "unknowingly" used the male for cover.

It might not look good to the authorities afterward, but at least I might be

alive to hear their criticism!
          Last edited by FederalSecurity; 11-12-2006, 10:11 AM.
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
          - Thomas Jefferson

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
          — Vince Lombardi

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

IX. Strive to attain professional competence.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            As I said. There comes a point when you realize that you're not getting out of this alive without taking action. Then its time to try to kill your opponent. You may, indeed, take buckshot to your trunk while trying to do that. You can only hope that you are strong enough and mad enough to kill the enemy and survive till assistance arrives before the enemy kills you.

If you feel that you can talk your way out of the situation, then its not yet time to force the hand and "survive or die fighting."
            I agree with this and maybe that's what you meant all along. It all comes down to a personal evaluation of the situation. Only the person there can truly sense which way it likely will go.
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Marchetti, David, M
              Are you armed and were you hired to patrol that area?
              Yes you are armed, your a police officer in this scenriao. At the time I was a Milwaukee police officer.
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Comment

She pulled the weapon witch constitutes the officer to use deadly force. Number one rule make sure you and every one else makes it home, no matter what. The problem is she already has the drop on you, call for back up before entering house. If he gets the shot gun when he went in the house he is inside you and your partner can take cover any where outside, your not pinned in. But thats ideally and murphys law says things don't go ideally. So she goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by Special Investigator
                  you hear the racking of a shotgun behind you.
                  Q. What would/should you do?
                  Is that before or after I s**t my pants ?
                  The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X