Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbery Foiled by Security Guard

Oakland, CA:
    An unnamed 29 year old security guard at a local supermarket came upon a robbery in progress and fought with two gunmen successfully and stopped the robbery.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_4603675?source=rss

Wow, it looks like endless hours of watching Jackie Chan take guns from people paid off. Seriously though, good job. Don't go toe to toe with that guy.
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

This guy is lucky he wasn't killed.
    He tackles one robber, and the other robber has a gun.
    "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

an unarmed officer goes "hands on" with 2 guys with guns?

I'm shocked this ISN'T in the LODD section.

There is no end to macho-ness and stupidity.
      The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed.

Comment

While there is no question that this guard was bold, the situation could of ended tragically for the guard and some customers. I'm not sure that giving him an award is the proper course. In fact, most guard companies would have terminated him for taking such a risk.

Thankfully, he is alive to talk about it.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
          While there is no question that this guard was bold, the situation could of ended tragically for the guard and some customers. I'm not sure that giving him an award is the proper course. In fact, most guard companies would have terminated him for taking such a risk.

Thankfully, he is alive to talk about it.
          Hopefully he keeps his job. As this was a job well-done IMB.
          "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
          "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Unarmed and taking on 2 armed robbers? Not me buddy. Fall back, dial 911 and get the police out to handle that. I think the guy really went beyond the job description there.
            Hospital Security Officer

Comment

I think he went well beyond the job description and that action was very reckless and could have gotten him killed, but it didn't. I do think he does deserve recognition for his success. However, I do believe emphasis should be made that this is out of the norm for what a security guard would do and it should not be recommended that any other security guards with lesser skills do a similar thing. Something tells me he was one of those martial arts badasses and this story should show its details as a success of martial arts and not one of security.
              "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Ya, the guard is unarmed, OUCH, thats not a good thing taking on guns with only hands.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X