Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Examples of Questions Asked?

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow is one of the days I have been waiting for... My restricted and non-restricted firearms licence should be approved tomorrow. Then I have to call my HR Contact back at Brinks to setup the interview. We spoke on the phone last week and she seemed very interested.

So in an effort to prepare myself I am curious to know some of the questions you folks have been asked in the interview or you have asked if your a hireing agent.

I am incredibly excited as I have always wanted to be an armed guard for Brinks and want to enter the interview armed with knowledge.

Looking forward to hearing some of your replies with your experience.

I hope you don’t mind me being blunt but I do so in order to help you achieve your goal. In your posts you come across as being too excited about being armed. I hope you can back off a bit from this fascination. If you don’t I think it might hurt you. Good luck!
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Nope, not really meant that way HotelSecurity. I only mention the armed part so anyone that replies knows the type of job. I'm not sure if the questions in an interview differ between armed and unarmed. Thats why I said it...

But yes, I'm excited about the job "overall" not just the armed part.

Comment

Rentacop,
        Good for you. You're excited about being armed, and your taking a huge step towards being a definitive barrier between bad guys and good people.

Train hard, train often, and congratulations on stepping up into the big leagues of true protection.

HotelSecurity,
        That individual has every right to be pro-gun in these forums. If you don't like it, don't read and respond to his posts.

You seem to be biased against firearms. You have that right. But when you come here, take off you holier-than-thou badge and weigh in on the issues that you know about and not what you think should or shouldn't be discussed.

Comment

I did not read the same comment from HotelSecurity you did, my understanding was only a suggestion to conduct himself in a professional manner and not talk firearms to any excessive degree. I believe the comment stems from reading other postings.
          Asking about firearm safety courses is always a good idea.

You provided good advice on training, I come here for support, insight and advice just like that, but will have to think about the big leagues comment.

A former armed Security Officer
          Last edited by Eric; 11-06-2006, 12:56 PM.
          Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
          Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
            my understanding was only a suggestion to conduct himself in a professional manner and not talk firearms to any excessive degree.
            If he wants to talk firearms all day long, then he has the right to do so. You suggesting that is in someway unprofessional is dead wrong. Many people in here will oblige the discussion. If you don't like it, don't respond.

Originally posted by Eric
            I come here for support,
            Rentacop came here for support too. If you're an anti-gunner, and you don't have advice for the man embarking on his armed career, then butt-out. Us gun-nuts will drive on with our discussion, and we'll try not to miss you very much.

Continue the mission Rentacop, I'll support ya!

Comment

Wow, from the original question "So in an effort to prepare myself I am curious to know some of the questions you folks have been asked in the interview or you have asked if your a hireing agent" to gun nuts only need apply....
              Start another thread and talk guns, I have nothing against guns, the people that use them to better society are great too.

A quick search found some interview info, to get back on topic.
              http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...ight=interview
              Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
              Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyhat
                HotelSecurity,
                That individual has every right to be pro-gun in these forums. If you don't like it, don't read and respond to his posts.
                So as I understand it you are for the part of youe onstitution that allows everyone to bare arms but AGAINST the freedom of speech part?

Comment

First off I am Pro-gun and ONLY do armed work.

That being said, If I were conducting an interview with an applicant and he seemed overly excited about getting to work armed I too would wonder.
                  The same if the applicant seemed to be afraid of working armed.

Just be yourself. Answer the questions honestly, ASK questions, and be polite.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                    So as I understand it you are for the part of youe onstitution that allows everyone to bare arms but AGAINST the freedom of speech part?
                    Hotel, you sure twisted that one around. I'm arguing for that gentleman's right to talk firearms if he so wishes. You asked him to suppress his enthusiasm. And don't lecture me on my Constitution, I'm an American Vet. I've done my part and then some to defend the Bill of Rights, I fully understand what they mean!

I do apologize, Rentacop, for straying from the original post. If you don't recognize the name, I'm the guy who gets a little pissy when anti-gunners start climbing on their soapbox in these forums. Usually they're from Canada. <------Just stating the fact!

Honestly, I'm really just here working on my Karma points!!!!

Comment

Wow com'on guys... No need to fight.

I read the interview tips and yes they are helpful but I am curious about what kinds of questions you have been asked or have asked for an armed guard AND unarmed guard. I have several years experience unarmed and several years experience as a bouncer for night clubs (still security right).

All I am wondering is what can I expect to be asked...

As for being Pro-Gun... Sure I am but I'm not a trigger happy person... I come from a small town of population 200 people. We had guns, lots of them, and hunting was a way of life. On my 13th birthday my dad gave me a 12ga pump action and a 14ga break. I've also lived in the Southen States and we had a 9mm in the glovebox of our pickup truck.

I like guns, that isnt a crime, I dislike gun violence which is the crime.

There we have it... Anyone happen to remember any questions they were asked in the interview process?

Comment

Why do you want to work here?

Why should I hire you? Why should I invest time and energy into you?

The second one is very advisarial, and a warning sign, btw.
                        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

[QUOTE=jimmyhatRentacop came here for support too. If you're an anti-gunner, and you don't have advice for the man embarking on his armed career, then butt-out. Us gun-nuts will drive on with our discussion, and we'll try not to miss you very much.
                          [/QUOTE]

He did not come here for support. He came here for advice. And where do you get off telling me that if I don't agree with your point of view I should butt-out? Canada like the US is a free country. We are supposed to support dialogue not suppress it. We can disagree with someone but should never tell the person to shut up.

Comment

I'm gonna' have to disengage, I forgot what the hell it is I was arguing about!

I'll say it again: Rentacop, if you wanna' come here and talk firearms, please do so.
                            If you want to avoid Hotel and his "prime directives" against the issue, send me a PM. I'll talk shop with you all day.

Hotel, I'll be back here next week if you want to discuss "observing and reporting", or whatever it is that you do all day. I'm sure it's fascinating stuff!

N. A., how's my Karma looking?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyhat

I'll say it again: Rentacop, if you wanna' come here and talk firearms, please do so.

Hotel, I'll be back here next week if you want to discuss "observing and reporting", or whatever it is that you do all day. I'm sure it's fascinating stuff!
                              Jimmyhat we agree on something! Anyone who wants to discuss firearms I welcom with open arms. But lets not be chicken & do it through PMs. Let's be open so people that don't agree with us can freely express their opinions.

As for what I do. Here is what I posted on another post asking this yesterday:

I'm the Assistant Director of Security for 3 hotels but I also cover one of the shifts at the largest hotel.

My day starts at 15h00. For incidents in an hotel this is the busiest time. During the day most of the guests are out. Overnight they are sleeping.

The first part of my day is dealing with administration issues. Checking mail, e-mail & voice mail. Doing the payroll & the dreaded scheduling!

I usually schedule meetings for 16h00.

As the Maids leave for the day they turn in the items they have found in the rooms. They have to given an item number & recorded in the computer.

The Maids turn in their key sets as they leave. All have to be accounted for & searched for if not turned in.

In the 8 hour shift I usually can only squeeze in 2 top to bottom patrols. (25 story bulding). Fire extinguishers & sprinkler shut off valves are visually checked on every patrol. Maintenance is advised if something is not right, The Houseman & Room Service is called if things that people can trip over are left in the hallway. (Room Service trays etc).

A we are completely responsible for the electronic lock system including repairing & replacing locks, a good part of my day is spent doing this. With 500 rooms there is always something preventive that needs to be doen.

I am also responsible for the restocking & ordering supplies for the 4 first aid kits that belong to the hotel. (The 2 kitchens are concessions & have their own).

We also have to inspect rooms where Maids have reported that there is still luggage inside but the guests were supposed to have departed. If they are not in the room & haven't paid for another night or haven't paid with a credit card we have to pass a new key card in their lock so their card will no longer work & they have to pass by the front desk when they return. If it is someone who we have had to chase to get payment we sometimes double lock the door. This prevents any key from working so even if an employee accidently makes them a new key card without checking that they owe us money, they can't get in the room until we remove the double lock.

We respond to & take reports of all damage claims in the garage.

Through out the shift we act as First Responders for all emergencies from disturbances to fire alarms to medical/accidents.

We report to management all safety hazards & employees breaking regulations.

During my shift I'm on call to give advice to the Duty Managers at the other 2 hotels. (We don't have 24 hour a day security at these 2 hotels.) If they have a lock problem that can't wait until the security comes in I have to try & direct them over the phone how to take care of it.

I finish at the hotel at 23h00. Sometimes I stop by the pharmacy with the chip from the digital camera to have photos printed. I get home around midnight then I'm on call mainly to give advice to the Officers working overnight at the 3 hotels. We say that sometimes two heads are better than one! On a rare occasion I would have to go to one of the hotel for an emergency but usually it's enough just to give guidance over the phone.

My boss takes over the on call duties at 05h00 but he hasn't done any shifts in the hotels in about 10 years now so I'm still woken up once in a while to deal with something like "where is the key to open x door". Otherwide I sleep from 05h00 to 13h00 .

I think that's my day!

I don't think this is observing & reporting.

See you next week, you will not be able to get rid of me

P.S. I am not anti-gun. I am pro gun control. I don't want Nathan's 10 year old school kids that are being harrassed by 16 year olds being able to get Daddies gun & take care of the problem!

Just a question: Are you really born January 1, 1915?
                              Last edited by HotelSecurity; 11-06-2006, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X