X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Dragonfyre024
    I just recently re-joined Securitas after being one of the unfortunate souls that Guardsmark just laid off after losing 5 major accounts in one area. This office for Guardsmark was one of the worst ones run. In terms of benefits, Securitas at least for our area has a much better plan. But so far so good in my return to Securitas.
    I have had some dealings with that particular office and I agree with your observation. They got what they deserved, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• SJPA-Agency
    replied
    Im glad I own my own agency, got lots of insurance and go highly pro-active!

There is no "Stop or I'll call the police" for me!

hehe

Leave a comment:

• Arff312
    replied
    I personally can't stand companies such as securitas at least where i am. They have unifiormed guards with only there guard card and a cell phone guarding sites that are known for gang infestation and murders. ( i know of one site the SHERIFF ordered them off and handed to us) Or what is worse is when their guards dont even speak english. I cant get that one. They remind me more of a janitor service then security. I laugh at most of them in this area. They look at us and are always tryign to get on our company. I usually tell them the minimum training they need for our company and they are usually stune that you need so much training to be a "Guard" but when i explain our job they understand why the requirements are so hard. Now im am NOT saying all securitas is bad. They do have a place but i dont thinkits in High crime areas.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfyre024
    replied
    Securitas v. Guardsmark

I just recently re-joined Securitas after being one of the unfortunate souls that Guardsmark just laid off after losing 5 major accounts in one area. This office for Guardsmark was one of the worst ones run. In terms of benefits, Securitas at least for our area has a much better plan. But so far so good in my return to Securitas.

Leave a comment:

• Miguel
    replied
    I´ve been working for the Barcelona office of Securitas for approx. 3 1/2 years, and I don´t plan to change right now. They are probably the company that pays less bonuses, but have a reputation for being the one that treats better its guards.

From what I´ve seen so far it´s a well deserved reputation, but its depends largely on who is your supervisor. But with most of them you can talk in a civilized manner in case you´ve got a problem and at least they´ll listen.

They can´t afford to lose a lot of people, since they´re growing a lot, taking most sites that they can properly cover. And they know for a fact that it´s difficult enough to recruit all the guards they need and quite a challenge to recruit GOOD people.

They´ve treated me quite well those last 2 years, so I guess I´m in their "good people" list.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by copelandamuffy
    Mr. Security
    Senior Member Join Date: Sep 2005

Securitas or Guardsmark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way an account/branch is run varies considerably with both companies. It all depends on the site-supervisor and the branch managing that account. That's one of the frustrating things officers experience when working for such companies. I've worked at sites that were very professionally managed and at other sites with the same company where I was ashamed of the conduct and lack of professionalism exhibited by the guards assigned there.

I'm glad it's OK at your site.

This could not be said better. A lot depends on the Account Manager at
    an account as well as the Branch Manager. There are some great
    ones and some bad ones. I strive each and every day to be the
    best site-supervisior-Account Manager. There are many many things
    one must do to obtain that goal.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    Mr. Security
    Senior Member Join Date: Sep 2005

Securitas or Guardsmark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way an account/branch is run varies considerably with both companies. It all depends on the site-supervisor and the branch managing that account. That's one of the frustrating things officers experience when working for such companies. I've worked at sites that were very professionally managed and at other sites with the same company where I was ashamed of the conduct and lack of professionalism exhibited by the guards assigned there.

This could not be said better. A lot depends on the Account Manager at
    an account as well as the Branch Manager. There are some great
    ones and some bad ones. I strive each and every day to be the
    best site-supervisior-Account Manager. There are many many things
    one must do to obtain that goal.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Securitas or Guardsmark

Leave a comment:

• The Lord of the Keys
    replied
    Well I'm settled in my new job with Securitas and moved into a new home. I like working at a college campus, This is the first year that they have had dorms so the rules are developing as we go along. As for Securitas itself I'm not impressed. Our security team at Kodak with Guardsmark seemed to be far better organised and the office was run in a more professional manner. Still I like what I'm doing, the pay is better, and I'm working with a good crew. Guardsmark did have better benefits however.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Compared to some guard companies, you are highly trained. They just didn't say in what.
    Right. You are highly trained to inspect rodent traps, deliver newspapers, start the coffee in the AM, and numerous other value-added skills. Oh, that's right, don't forget about that monthly training that you get where you copy the answers to questions about perimeter security, locks, and the like. Highly trained; yes indeedy.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Compared to some guard companies, you are highly trained. They just didn't say in what.

Leave a comment:

• The Lord of the Keys
    replied
    I don't want anybody to get me wrong. I'd work for Guardsmark again if they had the right account and decent pay. I liked the place I was at but we had decided to move for a variety of reasons and Guardsmark didn't have an opening where I was moving to.
    It is the propaganda that the company constantly feeds me that I find irritating. For any company to tell me that I'm highly trained when I know training was minimal is insulting. Still I'll probably hear the same things with any company.
    So far from what I've seen the two companies seem comparable. It all depends on which account that your at. I think it will be interesting to work for another company and I'm glad I didn't have to take a lobby position. I did that for my first 3 years at Guardsmark and I really didn't want to do that again.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lord of the Keys
    I really can't say that I've had to do many non-security related tasks at my current post, mainly because our regular responsiblities keep us pretty busy. My biggest gripe has been listening to the nonsense about how elite they are and how great the company owner is. Don't tell your employees that your company is hitting record profits, approaching a billion in revenue and then give a 10 cent raise after two years.
    Exactly. He's lost the pulse on his company, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Cpt.Xtreme
    Well every post I have been on, always had silly things like that

At a mall I worked at, after midnight we shot birds who got in the food courts with an issued BB gun
    I think you could get in trouble doing that, actually, since you're not a licensed pest control operator.

Seriously, though. I see no reason to give a security person a gun (some states consider air pistols guns) and tell them to go attempt to damage client property. What if you miss and take out a skylight? Do I have to pay that? Does the client? Do you?

Leave a comment:

• The Lord of the Keys
    replied
    I really can't say that I've had to do many non-security related tasks at my current post, mainly because our regular responsiblities keep us pretty busy. My biggest gripe has been listening to the nonsense about how elite they are and how great the company owner is. Don't tell your employees that your company is hitting record profits, approaching a billion in revenue and then give a 10 cent raise after two years.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X