Changing to Securitas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Compared to some guard companies, you are highly trained. They just didn't say in what.
    Right. You are highly trained to inspect rodent traps, deliver newspapers, start the coffee in the AM, and numerous other value-added skills. Oh, that's right, don't forget about that monthly training that you get where you copy the answers to questions about perimeter security, locks, and the like. Highly trained; yes indeedy.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Well I'm settled in my new job with Securitas and moved into a new home. I like working at a college campus, This is the first year that they have had dorms so the rules are developing as we go along. As for Securitas itself I'm not impressed. Our security team at Kodak with Guardsmark seemed to be far better organised and the office was run in a more professional manner. Still I like what I'm doing, the pay is better, and I'm working with a good crew. Guardsmark did have better benefits however.

Comment

Securitas or Guardsmark

The way an account/branch is run varies considerably with both companies. It all depends on the site-supervisor and the branch managing that account. That's one of the frustrating things officers experience when working for such companies. I've worked at sites that were very professionally managed and at other sites with the same company where I was ashamed of the conduct and lack of professionalism exhibited by the guards assigned there.

I'm glad it's OK at your site.

Comment

Mr. Security
          Senior Member Join Date: Sep 2005

Securitas or Guardsmark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way an account/branch is run varies considerably with both companies. It all depends on the site-supervisor and the branch managing that account. That's one of the frustrating things officers experience when working for such companies. I've worked at sites that were very professionally managed and at other sites with the same company where I was ashamed of the conduct and lack of professionalism exhibited by the guards assigned there.

This could not be said better. A lot depends on the Account Manager at
          an account as well as the Branch Manager. There are some great
          ones and some bad ones. I strive each and every day to be the
          best site-supervisior-Account Manager. There are many many things
          one must do to obtain that goal.
          http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Originally posted by copelandamuffy
            Mr. Security
            Senior Member Join Date: Sep 2005

Securitas or Guardsmark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This could not be said better. A lot depends on the Account Manager at
            an account as well as the Branch Manager. There are some great
            ones and some bad ones. I strive each and every day to be the
            best site-supervisior-Account Manager. There are many many things
            one must do to obtain that goal.
            Thanks.

Comment

I´ve been working for the Barcelona office of Securitas for approx. 3 1/2 years, and I don´t plan to change right now. They are probably the company that pays less bonuses, but have a reputation for being the one that treats better its guards.

From what I´ve seen so far it´s a well deserved reputation, but its depends largely on who is your supervisor. But with most of them you can talk in a civilized manner in case you´ve got a problem and at least they´ll listen.

They can´t afford to lose a lot of people, since they´re growing a lot, taking most sites that they can properly cover. And they know for a fact that it´s difficult enough to recruit all the guards they need and quite a challenge to recruit GOOD people.

They´ve treated me quite well those last 2 years, so I guess I´m in their "good people" list.

Comment

Securitas v. Guardsmark

I just recently re-joined Securitas after being one of the unfortunate souls that Guardsmark just laid off after losing 5 major accounts in one area. This office for Guardsmark was one of the worst ones run. In terms of benefits, Securitas at least for our area has a much better plan. But so far so good in my return to Securitas.

Comment

I personally can't stand companies such as securitas at least where i am. They have unifiormed guards with only there guard card and a cell phone guarding sites that are known for gang infestation and murders. ( i know of one site the SHERIFF ordered them off and handed to us) Or what is worse is when their guards dont even speak english. I cant get that one. They remind me more of a janitor service then security. I laugh at most of them in this area. They look at us and are always tryign to get on our company. I usually tell them the minimum training they need for our company and they are usually stune that you need so much training to be a "Guard" but when i explain our job they understand why the requirements are so hard. Now im am NOT saying all securitas is bad. They do have a place but i dont thinkits in High crime areas.
                  Robert
                  Here endith the lesson

Comment

Im glad I own my own agency, got lots of insurance and go highly pro-active!

There is no "Stop or I'll call the police" for me!

hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfyre024
                      I just recently re-joined Securitas after being one of the unfortunate souls that Guardsmark just laid off after losing 5 major accounts in one area. This office for Guardsmark was one of the worst ones run. In terms of benefits, Securitas at least for our area has a much better plan. But so far so good in my return to Securitas.
                      I have had some dealings with that particular office and I agree with your observation. They got what they deserved, IMO.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X