Police Package?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Package?

I know the topic as to "what patrol vehicle do you use?" has been asked before. But who gets to drive a police packaged vehicle? I think most security, depending on what type of security is done, should be in police packaged vehicles. They help an officer receive respect and they are used in the same ways a regular police officer would opperate them. If you have any pics post those too!

Welcome to the forum.
    The discussion of vehicles, and some photos, is at-
    http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...=1615#post1615 .
    Ploice package vehicles would not do any thing for me at my post. I work at a steel mill. I don't do pursuits, I don't arrest and I am there to enforce plant rules. I don't care if I get respect from the employees or not. I do my job and they do their jobs.
    I'm responsible for EMS response and BLS transport to the local hospital. Instead of a Police package I would be more interested in a nice Type 2 ambulance. The plant had one years ago but when the ambulance wore out they went cheap by using a mini van with the medical gear tossed in the back.
    Last edited by EMTGuard; 11-03-2006, 11:15 PM.
    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

For me and working nights, the spotlight comes in handy. Also the patrol vehicle runs constantly. There are also times when i need the overheadlightsm, so I know with a police packages vehicle I'm gonna have better stability. I also like the way it handles.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard
        Welcome to the forum.
        The discussion of vehicles, and some photos, is at-
        http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...=1615#post1615 .
        Ploice package vehicles would not do any thing for me at my post. I work at a steel mill. I don't do pursuits, I don't arrest and I am there to enforce plant rules. I don't care if I get respect from the employees or not. I do my job and they do their jobs.
        I'm responsible for EMS response and BLS transport to the local hospital. Instead of a Police package I would be more interested in a nice Type 2 ambulance. The plant had one years ago but when the ambulance wore out they went cheap by using a mini van with the medical gear tossed in the back.
        Isn't there laws about the type of vehicle used to transport sick/injured people?
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
          Isn't there laws about the type of vehicle used to transport sick/injured people?
          There are, established by the US DOT. I hope EMTGuard's plant stopped doing BLS transports when they got rid of that ambulance. There's no way that minivan meets DOT, KKK or Louisiana state standards for BLS transport.

Comment

I worked security in various settings for 4 years, I never saw the need for any police package vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
              There are, established by the US DOT. I hope EMTGuard's plant stopped doing BLS transports when they got rid of that ambulance. There's no way that minivan meets DOT, KKK or Louisiana state standards for BLS transport.
              Um the KKK has standards for BLS Transport??????

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
                I worked security in various settings for 4 years, I never saw the need for any police package vehicle.
                You mean to tell me that a spotlight never came in handy?

Comment

Originally posted by BUCKSHOT
                  You mean to tell me that a spotlight never came in handy?
                  Of course it did, but there's a lot more to a police package vehicle than a spotlight on the A-pillar.

Comment

If all you need is a spotlight, I picked up my personal one (1,000,000 CP) at Big Lots for $14.00...

Unless you are at a site where you might be required to drive 140 mph, or have to make use of a vehicle with a front/ back seat partition and vomit seats, then any vehicle should be sufficient; If appearance is an
                    "Intimidation" or "Authority" factor, a dressed up civilian Crown Vic or Impala should do nicely in any other situation not requiring a vehicle with high speed rated wheels/tires, suspension, performance engine, etc...

But, that's just me... Heck, I drive an '06 Subaru as a duty vehicle...
                    “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                    "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

and a spot light can be put on any vehicle, I know one company I worked for in MI had Tauruses (owner didn't want any CVs) and we had a couple cars with them on them

Comment

police pkg.

We are looking to replace our suv's and we are looking at the police pkg Durango and or charger (v6) we use light bars and they idle for 2/3 of 3 shifts.
                        The civilan jeep and jimmy we have just cant handle the summer heat and winter colds. The police pkg offers a better engine cooling system (radatior. ect.) and a heavy duty electrical system (for sitting at shift change and running the light bar for 1-2hrs.). I am not sure if any other car co. have v6 police pkg. but for us that is just fine as for a durango we need the larger engine because if the winter storms are really really bad we get staff at that live intown and for that we need a 4X4.

as far as who can use then goes most cab co. use police pkg crown vic's

KW
                        Last edited by Knight Watch; 11-04-2006, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight Watch
                          We are looking to replace our suv's and we are looking at the police pkg Durango and or charger (v6) we use light bars and they idle for 2/3 of 3 shifts.
                          The civilan jeep and jimmy we have just cant handle the summer heat and winter colds. The police pkg offers a better engine cooling system (radatior. ect.) and a heavy duty electrical system (for sitting at shift change and running the light bar for 1-2hrs.). I am not sure if any other car co. have v6 police pkg. but for us that is just fine as for a durango we need the larger engine because if the winter storms are really really bad we get staff at that live intown and for that we need a 4X4.

as far as who can use then goes most cab co. use police pkg crown vic's

KW
                          Thank you for getting my point

Comment

"Police Packages" are actually called "Special Service Vehicle," and have three variants: Police/Taxi, Fleet, and Mililtary.

Ford is the only company that makes a different package for Taxi and Police, and the only difference is electrical wiring. Taxi gets one lead to the light on the roof, Police get 15 leads for lightbars.

The reason you buy a CVPI is because you need a vehicle that is large, idles for long periods of time, can sustain a heavy electrical load of lights, siren/PA/Amp, computer, flashlight charget, etc.

It is not "to look like the cops," that is saying "taxi companies look like cops."
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

For security, consider the police package Chevy Impala. Its front wheel drive will be superior to the CV in snow and its fuel expense will be lower as well. Many COPS don't care for the Chevy because its passenger cabin and trunk are smaller. You may not need as much space for security work.
                              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X