Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mall Director
    replied
    I would love to have female PD officers who I clearly state right now, are cute, and make comments... All I ever get, are the psycho dispatchers, and the female PD's who come in, are not my type, and they make me cringe when they search female subjects.. especially the way they do it.. I wonder if I may ever be attracted to anything again after watching it!

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    LOL... Yea, no kidding... When I was working at the mall a few years ago, one of the local female PD Officers would stop in all the time and make... ahem... 'advances' towards me.... I'd much rather get that kind of attention that hearing that one of them had a weird dream about my facial hair... LOL

Speaking of work... Time to go get suited up. Good ol' graveyard... Bleh

Be safe guys, and have a good night!
    Last edited by Bridgegate; 11-03-2006, 01:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mall Director
    replied
    Yeah.. and to think.. this is our LE officer! WTBleep! All I could do was sit there, and just nod, while cocking my head to the side, making sure I coudl keep an eye on him, while the other on the door. I really cant rmember what I said, other than "Oh yeah.. uh hum.. Really?" and in a monotone voice, as I tried not to display the physical signs of nervousness, as he woul dpick up on it, and I may get tazered or something! Man, that wasnt comfortable! It wasnt like one of my officers who i spend alot of time with, and I should be happy the poor PD guy values me.. but we have limits people!

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    So... You had a goatee on your cheek?? Hm... Yea, I'd be scared of that guy too.

Leave a comment:

• Mall Director
    replied
    LOL... You're normal!

Dont worry about it.. Its normal!

Psychologist's (cognitive) theories on dream analysis, is that under operational stimuli sensory, during our day to day lives, we encounter an overload of outsides sources, we have to recognize and place into our scheme's (plates belong with forks, tires belong with car, and so on). The problem is that the normal human being ca nonly intake 7-10 external stimuli a second.. but we encounter a total over 100 per second. This works, as our minds naturally stockpile information classified as "unimportant", things like how to breath, blinking, leaves falling to the ground as we pass by, and so on. Anyways, this unfiltered or non-sorted information or stimuli we recieve during the consciencous hours is held to the short term memory cortex of our brain. We fall asleep, and a reset button automatically engages. Like a computer on fire up, we start bringing forward data in our memory, sort it, and place it where we need it.. important, non-important, immediate, long term, classify it. Our minds replay data throughout the day or week we have experienced during a REM (rapid eye movement) sleep duration, which is why we tallk in our sleep, and sometimes about things we shouldnt. Because there is so much data, it can sometimes be brought forward with other data, and not make sense. Sometimes it does, or it involves feeling because our natural survival skills are taking over and trying to place and peice together new stimuli.

There's the psychological aspect to it! LOL, too much?!?! I knew I went to school for something.. what was it again?

Personally.. Yes, i have them here and there about work. Actually, if I ever dream, it either about work or cars. With the work dreams, I have some tree hugging freak that envokes his constitutional rights to make love to the plants in my mall, or one of my people are facing an issue, i may have to drag them out of. Cars.. well, that my secret!

Dont worry though.. People all around me tend to dream about our work, or me. Fortunately I have good standings in their dreams.. except for our Mall PD office, who had a dream about me in a meeting, and I grew a goatie, but had it on my left cheek, instead of the mouth area.. Why he felt this was important to share with me I am not sure, but I know keep an eye on him.. I think he really scares me!

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by ACP01
    I haven't about security work but I have had dreams about things that happened while FD Captain and in the military.

Usually tho it is after several months/years have went by and I quit consciusly(SP) thinking about them.
    Interesting comments; but I still wake up in a cold sweat at least once a week reliving an incident that happened in December 1958 when overseas in the Air Force. They were constant until a couple of years ago when I started talking about it. Once a week is not so bad, maybe by the time I reach 80, just once a month.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• ACP01
    replied
    I haven't about security work but I have had dreams about things that happened while FD Captain and in the military.

Usually tho it is after several months/years have went by and I quit consciusly(SP) thinking about them.

Leave a comment:

• FederalSecurity
    replied
    Mr. Security and EMTGuard,

That dreams are the mind's way of processing information and nothing

more works fine for me! I'd hate for that dream to be anything like a

premonition!

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by FederalSecurity
    Hee Hee! Now that's something to picture!

"You're tress...passing on....zzzzzzzz...........PRIVATE...proper....zzzzz zz"

Yea... My ex thought it was funny as hell...

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Dreams often incorporate things you see or do in lyour waking life. I've often dreamed about work, coworkers or similar things.

Leave a comment:

• FederalSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by Bridgegate
    None that I personally remember, but on more than one occasion I've been told that I sometimes will talk in my sleep, and be ordering a trespasser off the property or some odd thing... Happens to the best of us... LOL
    Hee Hee! Now that's something to picture!

"You're tress...passing on....zzzzzzzz...........PRIVATE...proper....zzzzz zz"

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Don't sweat it.

Dreams are simply that and nothing more. It's the brain's way of "filing" whatever data the senses took in. There isn't any prophetic meaning to them in modern times. Just my two cents.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    None that I personally remember, but on more than one occasion I've been told that I sometimes will talk in my sleep, and be ordering a trespasser off the property or some odd thing... Happens to the best of us... LOL

Leave a comment:

• FederalSecurity
    started a topic A weird topic, but here goes.

A weird topic, but here goes.

Have any of you ever had dreams having to do with your security

positions? Were these dreams somewhat mundane, or were they "off the

wall"?

The reason I'm curious is because today I had a dream that I was on

duty and I got hit in the shoulder with two rounds from an AK-47 during a

"fire-fight".

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X