One of those shifts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    Are you talking about a sprinkler head that is just leaking, or one that has activated. They sell clamps on 2 long arms that fire departments use to shut off one head while looking for the shut off valve.
    One that is activated. Will those clamps work for the metal fuse and glass/expanding fluid type sprinklers? If so, where can I buy one? No need to reinvent the wheel.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
      One that is activated. Will those clamps work for the metal fuse and glass/expanding fluid type sprinklers? If so, where can I buy one? No need to reinvent the wheel.
      Yes they do. Once the head activates the metal fuse or glass bulb is gone. The clamps fit in the space they once were & blocks the water flow. I'll try & find where you can get them.
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

As a volunteer firefighter, I've been there and done that.

There isn't a way to do it without getting wet, so we just use 2 wooden wedges (like door wedges) and use them to wedge in and shut the sprinkler down. That works for the short term, until we can get the water shut down.
        The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTjon

There isn't a way to do it without getting wet, so we just use 2 wooden wedges (like door wedges) and use them to wedge in and shut the sprinkler down. That works for the short term, until we can get the water shut down.
          I was gonna say, where's the learning experience for the probationary on the truck to go wading in and wedge the sprinker?
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Yes they do. Once the head activates the metal fuse or glass bulb is gone. The clamps fit in the space they once were & blocks the water flow. I'll try & find where you can get them.
            Excellent. It's only a matter of time before it happens with all the sprinkler heads we have. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by EMTjon

I'll keep that trick in mind until I get the clamp.

Comment

Not even a word of thanks.

This is just one of many water leaks that I have caught while on patrol, saving the client thousands. Neither the branch nor my supervisor has ever said: "Good Job." In fact, some of these water leaks weren't even noticed by officers on duty before me.

Needless to say, this is very discouraging and right now I just feel like doing what the other guards do.....nothing.

Comment

This is just one of many water leaks that I have caught while on patrol, saving the client thousands. Neither the branch nor my supervisor has ever said: "Good Job." In fact, some of these water leaks weren't even noticed by officers on duty before me.

Needless to say, this is very discouraging and right now I just feel like doing what the other guards do.....nothing.
                  One of my supervisors called yesterday. He wanted to let me know something I did wrong. Never hear from him when I go above and beyond. Ingrate!!!

Comment

Growing up, did you hear to put butter on a burn? Yea, like I am a cob of corn

Water, cool water. Soak your knuckle then wrap it in clean guaze. Don't use oinments or "fluffy" guaze. I suggest that first aid kits contain gel soaked bandages specially made for burns/scalds. I know of & use 2 makes. Burn Gel & Burn Free. They work great An over the counter pain killer sometimes helps.
                    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                    Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                      Methyl-Ethyl-Keritone or something...
                      Ketone, AKA methyl-eythl-bad****

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
                        Growing up, did you hear to put butter on a burn? Yea, like I am a cob of corn
                        Never do this! Oils and ointments insulate the burn, causing the burning to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
                          Ketone, AKA methyl-eythl-bad****
                          That would be it, yes. I walked into the guard post one day and found one of the day shift guards using it to remove glue that was stuck onto the desk.

He said that was what they gave him to use.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
                            Never do this! Oils and ointments insulate the burn, causing the burning to continue.
                            The only upshot is that it makes the burned flesh more flavorful. Unless you plan on serving the burned area, why make it more flavorful?

Comment

One of my supervisors called yesterday. He wanted to let me know something I did wrong. Never hear from him when I go above and beyond. Ingrate!!!
                              PS: He also said I take too long on my patrols. Must be making him look bad. WBS is what they want, then so be it.

Comment

PS: He also said I take too long on my patrols. Must be making him look bad. WBS is what they want, then so be it.
                                Mr. Security:
                                It happens when you do not wear blinders. What do your post and/or patrol orders state? Are you just to make a ride by or look for things out of place or that may pose a danger?
                                He may not have the experience or the moxie and therefore represent "bright-eyed and bushy tailed." That will make a novice superior nervous.
                                In a subtle fashion, what five elements need to be in place to establish a crime or point in that direction? Don't push it, look deadpan and watch the facial expressions.
                                Enjoy the day,
                                Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X