X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by histfan71
    The function of a security guard is observing violations and report them to the proper authorities,
    This is not what I am required to do on my job. If a guest of my hotel or an employee was being attacked & I just observed & reported I'd be fired. This is your opinion of what security guards should do. You sound like our Doctors did here in Montreal up until just very recently. 'ONLY Doctors can preform medical acts, we won't accept Paramedics'. Guess what, Paramedics CAN preform medical acts just as Security Officers CAN be proactive. But I keep forgetting you are not a security guard you are a POLICE OFFICER LOL

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Special Investigator
    What Would You Do?

You and a friend/partner are having lunch in a neigbhorhood resturant, when 2 gunman walk in and brazenly announce, "This is a holdup!" You are armed.

The gunman tell the patrons to put their hands up in the air, and to do exactly what they are told, hand over their valuables and money, and no one will get hurt.

Q. What would you do?

This is part 1 of 2
    I know this has already been asked, but what is up with these questions? Why are you fascinated with deadly force?

Since I assume your scenarios involve armed security guards in uniform, my answer is simple. The function of a security guard is observing violations and report them to the proper authorities, not take any enforcement actions themselves. They should only resort to deadly force if THEIR life is in jeopardy. In your above scenario, the lives of the security guards are not in imminent jeopardy, so deadly force should not be used at that point.

Leave a comment:

• Mall Director
    replied
    Again.. its deadly actions or attempts by another.. take cover, call it in, and hope you can do a two for one shot.. if not, its gonna get interesting!

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Not an issue for me. I'm not a sworn law enforcement officer, I would not be armed in Wisconsin.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard
    I work contract security. I can't afford valuables. What are they gonna get? My bank card? I just went $500 over drawn this week and had to transfer money from savings to cover the shortage in my checking. What the hell am I doing in a resturant anyway? Is my buddy picking up the bill? I hope so. If my ole lady catches me spending dollars in a resturant when we could have been eating at home for half the amount I'll have more to fear than a couple of lunitics with guns. I can hear her now. "You couldn't pay the sewer bill last month but you can afford to go out to resturants with your friends all the time?" Aaaawwww hell no. I'd just stand up and ask the closest guy to shoot me.
    Written like a true married man . My symapthies. (27 years of loved bliss for me - Thank goodness for shift work )

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    I work contract security. I can't afford valuables. What are they gonna get? My bank card? I just went $500 over drawn this week and had to transfer money from savings to cover the shortage in my checking. What the hell am I doing in a resturant anyway? Is my buddy picking up the bill? I hope so. If my ole lady catches me spending dollars in a resturant when we could have been eating at home for half the amount I'll have more to fear than a couple of lunitics with guns. I can hear her now. "You couldn't pay the sewer bill last month but you can afford to go out to resturants with your friends all the time?" Aaaawwww hell no. I'd just stand up and ask the closest guy to shoot me.

Leave a comment:

• Special Investigator
    started a topic What Would You Do? - #3

What Would You Do? - #3

What Would You Do?

You and a friend/partner are having lunch in a neigbhorhood resturant, when 2 gunman walk in and brazenly announce, "This is a holdup!" You are armed.

The gunman tell the patrons to put their hands up in the air, and to do exactly what they are told, hand over their valuables and money, and no one will get hurt.

Q. What would you do?

This is part 1 of 2

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X