Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interviews Interviews

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Interviews Interviews

    Just thought i'd let everyone know, i have an interview in 2 hours for a Sheriff's Dept, and also one on Friday... "sigh" so nervous.
    "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

  • #2
    Good luck to ya brotha.

    Just some "words of wisdom" (if thats what were calling it these days). When I go into interviews, I go in with a feeling that I am interviewing them to see if this is where I want to work or not. It kinda takes the edge off. Without being cocky, it seemed to give me a lot more confidence than before.

    well, anyway... good luck, let us know how it goes.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

    Comment


    • #3
      Good Luck.
      Stay calm, and dress nice. A little smile is a good thing. To much and it will look like you don't take the interview/interviewer/job seriously.
      "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BHR Lawson
        Good luck to ya brotha.

        Just some "words of wisdom" (if thats what were calling it these days). When I go into interviews, I go in with a feeling that I am interviewing them to see if this is where I want to work or not. It kinda takes the edge off. Without being cocky, it seemed to give me a lot more confidence than before.

        well, anyway... good luck, let us know how it goes.
        Excellent way to get through an interview.. Never heard of using that one, but I bet it does aleiviate stress and anxiety!
        Deputy Sheriff

        Comment


        • #5
          Well, today's interview went well... took a tour of thier facilities, and the Chief Deputy seemed impressed. He said he couldn't promise anything, but to be ready for a call. $13.00 an hour to start, full benefits package, uniforms provided, hat to boots.

          I have one tomorrow, we'll see how it goes. Thank you for all the luck and advice.
          "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SecureTN
            Well, today's interview went well... took a tour of thier facilities, and the Chief Deputy seemed impressed. He said he couldn't promise anything, but to be ready for a call. $13.00 an hour to start, full benefits package, uniforms provided, hat to boots.

            I have one tomorrow, we'll see how it goes. Thank you for all the luck and advice.
            This one will likely be easier. Once you start going on interviews, you gain experience from your previous ones and it translates into confidence. Keep us posted and, of course, I expect a patch once hired.
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

            Comment


            • #7
              $13.00/hour as a sworn police officer? Cotract Security people in Quebec start at between $12.50 & $12.75 with extras if they are required to provide first aid, be part of the fire brigade etc..

              However money isn't everything. If you are going to enjoy the job, go for it. I'm making more than $10,000.00 a year what I should be making but I like the job & the place so....
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                $13.00/hour as a sworn police officer? Cotract Security people in Quebec start at between $12.50 & $12.75 with extras if they are required to provide first aid, be part of the fire brigade etc..

                ....
                And Here in South Louisiana, USA my guard post is a man short and we are looking to hire for, wait for it, $8 an hour. Security with EMT certification (like me) get $10 an hour. I've been looking for other jobs.
                Hospital Security Officer

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                  $13.00/hour as a sworn police officer? Cotract Security people in Quebec start at between $12.50 & $12.75 with extras if they are required to provide first aid, be part of the fire brigade etc..

                  However money isn't everything. If you are going to enjoy the job, go for it. I'm making more than $10,000.00 a year what I should be making but I like the job & the place so....
                  Take into consideration that its US Dollars, and the price of inflation between the US and Canada.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

                  "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ask for Euros.
                    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      All i make now is $8.00 an hr, and I think I'll be a sworn Deputy Sheriff... not sure though. As for the patch, if i get hired, I'll see what i can do.
                      "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                        Take into consideration that its US Dollars, and the price of inflation between the US and Canada.
                        The difference is not that great anymore. And we have "free" health care, government subsitidized (sp?) drug insurance etc etc
                        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SecureTN
                          All i make now is $8.00 an hr, and I think I'll be a sworn Deputy Sheriff... not sure though. As for the patch, if i get hired, I'll see what i can do.
                          Thanks.
                          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                          Comment

                          Leaderboard

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X