Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylight Savings Time

Hotel Security, Eric, Mr. Security.
    Did you change, or planing to change the clocks back one hour?
    And if you are working, do you get an extra hour's pay?
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Working days, so I get to hear the night guy bragging about an hour overtime. Well, it is only money, they give me more every 2 weeks....

With the clock change, also change your home smoke alarm battery. Ontario law now says one alarm on each level of your home, probably be a good practice anyway until I start cooking.
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

Comment

I'm outta here by midnight, so I won't get an extra hour. I remember when Guardsmark said they weren't going to pay me for the extra hour. I gave my boss a copy of the law and he faxed it to the branch. They had to pay me.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I don't get paid for being on call so except for having to worry about being disturbed an extra hour, it does not effect me. EXCEPT: I have to have the time changed manually in 487 llocks downtown, 278 at the 2nd hotel & 22 at the 3rd The locks are "time based".
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Yeow. Someone needs networked key readers.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Hey... When do we set em back again?? LOL!
            Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              Yeow. Someone needs networked key readers.
              Most hotel locks are stand alone battery operated devices, At least the new models are programmed using an infa red (sp?) connector from outside the room. The first model (that we just got rid of finally last year) required entering each room & taking the lock apart to change most of the programing.
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by Mall Director
                Hey... When do we set em back again?? LOL!
                0200 tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                  I'm outta here by midnight, so I won't get an extra hour. I remember when Guardsmark said they weren't going to pay me for the extra hour. I gave my boss a copy of the law and he faxed it to the branch. They had to pay me.
                  Pinkerton pulled the same crap on me. I was too young, naive and worried about my job to say anything about it.

Comment

I worked 13 hours last night and I wrote 13 hours on my sign in sheet as opposed to 12.
                    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X