Allied Barton Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allied Barton Question

Company I work for has been bought by Allied Barton.

Anyone know what the cost for insurance will be with this (new to me) company? We have not been given any information as of yet. I was hoping to get a heads up.

Thanks,
    wwww4

Heh. You get insurance with Allied Barton?

I would not be surprised if you are ineligible for insurance until you have reached your 90 day probationary period, if they provide benefits at all.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

A post to bury that x-box spammer.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Allied's Benefits are as fallows

Vacation time after 1 year. (one week, you get more the longer you're with them)
        Medical, it's a shared venture, I think my g/f was paying $75 (gasp)
        401k, they contribute a % of what you do, the longer you're with them the higher the %.
        15% savings on new or current Nextel cell phone accounts.

About raises:

If your area has lots of contracts in the area expect to get a $.50 raise.

They're not big on value added services.

Comment

Is that $75 a month or 2 week period? Any idea?

Also, the Nextel thing... Any company that does a good percentage of business with Sprint qualifies for "Employee Rate." We buy ... I think its either 25 or 50 phones and service plans, we can give it to our employees.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

^ A god-awful two week period. Most of the people I worked with full-time took their insurance else where.

Comment

Beware of so-called benefits

Always do the math. For example, my company offers dental. It would cost $10.00/week. That's $520.00 a year for insurance that covers the basics, like cleaning. No bridges, crown work, etc. unless it is to repair existing work at least 5 years old. I think my wife and I can get our teeth cleaned for less than $520.00 year. This so-called insurance is there so that the company can say: "Why yes, we have benefits."
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I am not a big fan of allied but when we were outsourced to them the company made sure we were taken good care of by allieds benefits.

Comment

wwww4,

Did you find anything out about your benefits?
                  ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                  Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

If you have been taken over by AlliedBarton, you will continue to get the same benefits that you were receiving with your old company. Therefore, if you get insurance with your old company you will get it with allied. You also wont lose vacation time.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X