New Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy

First off, thank you for allowing me to enter, contribute, and learn from this excellent discussion group. It's great to see professionals hashing things out, because ultimately the community we protect will benefit.

I am a U.S. Army Veteran (Infantry and Military Police) currently working private security in the great Commonwealth of Virginia. I am a VA Department of Criminal Justice Services certified instructor for Anti-Terrorism, Defensive Tactics, Alarm Responce and Security Officer Core Subjects. For various security firms in the D.C./Northern Virginia area I work as an Instructor, Compliance Agent, Special Conservator of the Peace, Armed Courier, Alarm Respondent, and Armed Security Officer.

Security is what I love to do, and what I love to talk about. After spending just a few minutes reading the posts in this forum, I knew I'd stumbled upon the right place.

Again, for all those that contribute, thank you for having me.
    Last edited by jimmyhat; 11-28-2005, 10:08 PM.

Originally posted by jimmyhat
    First off, thank you for allowing me to enter, contribute, and learn from this excellent discussion group. It's great to see professionals hashing things out, because ultimately the community we protect will benefit.
    I am a U.S. Army Veteran (Infantry and Military Police) currently working private security in the great Commonwealth of Virginia. I am a Department of Criminal Justice Services certified instructor for Anti-Terrorism, Defensive Tactics and Security Officer Core Subjects. For various security firms in the D.C./Northern Virginia area I work as an Instructor, Compliance Agent, Armed Courier, Alarm Respondent, and Armed Security Officer.
    Security is what I love to do, and what I love to talk about. After spending just a few minutes reading the posts in this forum, I knew I'd stumbled upon the right place.
    Again, for all those that contribute, thank you for having me.
    I'd be interested to see what Virginia's DCJS program on Anti-Terrorism looks like. The California added curriclium looks like it was derived directly from ready.org, or another DHS initiative for the general public - with little training in actual detection, reporting, and records keeping on suspected terrorist intelligence gathering operations against their clients.

I would hope that anti-terrorism operations for private security would be a little more than "The islamic looking guy should be reported to the police if he parks outside your site."
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Welcome

Welcome jimmyhat.

I hope you enjoy the company and the discussions.

Comment

Welcome, Jimmy. Are you the same Jimmyhat from Radio Reference? If so, we already know each other. On that board I'm Cellblock776.
        *(explination for those who don't know- "Cellblock" because I worked several years as a State Corrections Officer and "776" is the last three numbers of the zip code where the prison I worked in was located. So that became my Yahoo ID which I still use today.)
        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Welcome Jimmyhat.

Comment

I am gunna b an armed guard too hopefuly!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyhat
              EMT Guard,
              I am that JimmyHat. In fact, I have you to thank for turning me onto this site. Thanks again.

N.A. Corbier,
              The Virginia DCJS A/T program is brand new as of this year. I was in the very first Instructor course this summer, and the curriculum is being developed and tested as we speak. We received our instruction from the Alexandria P.D.'s A/T response team out of Northern VA. Our manual for training comes from a private company sanctioned by Homeland Security and DCJS. I don't have the name of the company off hand, but I'll send it to you ASAP.
              Would it happen to be S2 Institute out of Clearwater, Florida?
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X