Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Operators

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Operators

    Any FMR Air America / Southern Air Transport / Evergreen Air Service/ personnel
    on board this forum?
    I am so old now I am rapidly loosing touch with the Men in Black.
    CONDOR6

  • #2
    Originally posted by condor6
    Any FMR Air America / Southern Air Transport / Evergreen Air Service/ personnel
    on board this forum?
    I am so old now I am rapidly loosing touch with the Men in Black.
    condor6, you bring up many pleasant memories from the mid-60s.
    Remember BG Harold Oakey, Colonels Burch and SP Hawkins, LTC Albert Zuber, Major Fred B. Kent, me, SSGT Warnock, from Andersen?
    During deployments from the states of fighters, bombers and tankers, you folks transported me and two other NCOs from Andersen to Kadenia to Yokoto to Clark and return.
    Base Ops at Andersen was a trip.
    Glad to know at least one of guys is still alive.
    Those stewardesses on Southern Air were so very beautiful and intelligent. And those warm perfumed wash cloths before and after in-flight meals...
    Bad about those three special mission flights, damn.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

    Comment


    • #3
      Anyobody who would brag or claim to be former "black ops" on message boards, or in person, I begin to doubt their truthfulness. Folks who actually did 'black op' work keep it to themselves. They don't broadcast.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

      ~~George Orwell.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Special Investigator
        Anyobody who would brag or claim to be former "black ops" on message boards, or in person, I begin to doubt their truthfulness. Folks who actually did 'black op' work keep it to themselves. They don't broadcast.
        Special Investigator:
        Now at our ages, 70s & 80s, Arc-Light, Lima-Mike and Crown Collar are distant memories. For someone like myself, on the periphery, it is nice to know some of us are still among the living. Two of the Colonels are gone as well as the Major. SIOP was rough at the time and the actual participants and those who supported them it is good to reflect and hope not all of the mistakes made then are never to be repeated. Sadly, some of them are. When you make friends with folks from two fighter wings from a single base and then none of them or their aircraft return makes the horror that much more real. It is a dream that never ends. On November 11, it makes you proud to have been just a small part of what they and all the others did.
        The History Channel did a series on those three exercises that really brought the whole thing out clearer than I ever recalled. Hope you can understand.
        Bill

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bill Warnock
          Special Investigator:
          Now at our ages, 70s & 80s, Arc-Light, Lima-Mike and Crown Collar are distant memories. For someone like myself, on the periphery, it is nice to know some of us are still among the living. Two of the Colonels are gone as well as the Major. SIOP was rough at the time and the actual participants and those who supported them it is good to reflect and hope not all of the mistakes made then are never to be repeated. Sadly, some of them are. When you make friends with folks from two fighter wings from a single base and then none of them or their aircraft return makes the horror that much more real. It is a dream that never ends. On November 11, it makes you proud to have been just a small part of what they and all the others did.
          The History Channel did a series on those three exercises that really brought the whole thing out clearer than I ever recalled. Hope you can understand.
          Bill
          YUP! Go 'SkyHooks'.

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't mean to offend or call ya guys liars. I know a lot of you older guys are not affraid or are willing to talk about some of the experiences/jobs ya did years ago.

            I've come across hundreds of people over the years who claim to be ex-CIA, navy seals, or some special covert forces, etc. Its become common on message boards for some folks to make these type of claims. A little checking or asking a few simple questions I can tell if they are wannbe liars. I don't question you guys honesty at all.


            Cheers guys and thanks for your (special) service.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

            ~~George Orwell.

            Comment


            • #7
              I tended bar at a VFW in college. Everybody was a commando of some sorts. You quickly figured out who was playing it down, who was playing it up. If you where there forty or fifty years ago, no harm in talking about it now. Everything I know I learned from old timers! Welcome aboard.
              Booth

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mike booth
                I tended bar at a VFW in college. Everybody was a commando of some sorts. You quickly figured out who was playing it down, who was playing it up. If you where there forty or fifty years ago, no harm in talking about it now. Everything I know I learned from old timers! Welcome aboard.
                Thanks Mike. I learned a lot while in the service from those folks who were in WWII, Korea and the like. You meet gentlemen like Ernie Ford and Coach Landry on their way back from visiting the folks in Viet Nam. They were pilots in the same outfit my boss, Major Fred Kent, Jr., was in. Ford would croon when things got tense and it served the Group well. Landry, regardless of where he was stationed in Europe, would look the place over to find a good spot to make an emergency landing. Twice he brought in a badly shot up B-17 and belly landed between two trees, tearing off the wings and saving the crew especially the wounded. He didn't tell me that, Kent did.
                That is where I learned the phrase that became my mantra, "Be firm, be fair and don't back off."
                Enjoy the day,
                Bill

                Comment


                • #9
                  One thing I learned... it is a rare day that you can walk into a bar outside of a military post and meet a cook... Everyone is a Ranger, Delta, Airborne, Recon, SEAL, etc... etc...
                  "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                  "The Curve" 1998

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BHR Lawson
                    One thing I learned... it is a rare day that you can walk into a bar outside of a military post and meet a cook... Everyone is a Ranger, Delta, Airborne, Recon, SEAL, etc... etc...
                    Sort of like the kids that cause trouble in hotels. All of their fathers are lawyers!
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BHR Lawson
                      One thing I learned... it is a rare day that you can walk into a bar outside of a military post and meet a cook... Everyone is a Ranger, Delta, Airborne, Recon, SEAL, etc... etc...
                      No love for 0311. Some of the most insane people I ever knew were some of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. Most of them were even more insane, and went for Marine Security Guard Batallion duty.

                      And I probably just mispelled batallion.
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

                      "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                      Comment

                      Leaderboard

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X