Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Our employee manual states that we can't work for a competing security company.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    I worked for a company that said we could not leave the co. to work for a client. We could also not work for that client under any other security co. for 1 year.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Way back in the begining I worked for Pinkerton. We had to sign an agreement saying that we would not work directly for the clients. In those days a lot of companies would cut out the middle man & hire their good guards in-house, cutting out the security agency. Now-a-days it is completely opposite. In-house froces are always being taken over by contract agencies.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfyre024
    replied
    We can work for other companies but can't work back on the account we are being terminated from for 1 year. We can go back after that. But we can work for the new company just not at the site.

But here is the thing, we will take significant pay cuts, no one wants to match it, we will lose all seniority, and any accured vacation time.

My question becomes if our current company does not have any positions for us upon termination of this contract with the client, is the non-compete still enforceable?

Leave a comment:

• jeff194307
    replied
    If you work for PerMar as I do, you have a clause stating that you will not work for any other security company.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfyre024
    replied
    Is a non-compete enforceable if the company you are with has no jobs for you once the contract is terminated and not due to anything the officers did but simply because the company lost the contract?

Simply put, 150 officers are about to be laid off after the company stated that they would not enforce the non-compete. Even better, less than a week later after we started to apply with the new company, our company did enforce it. They have no other accounts to place us at, and claims they will now fight any unemployment claims filed.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Not currently, but I used to... Basically said that as long as you're working for them, you absolutely cannot work for a competitor (as a second job)... Also stated that once your employment has ended, you agree not to go to a competitor and share their 'trade secrets' or try to get clients to switch to the competitor.....

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfyre024
    started a topic Security company non-compete Clauses

Security company non-compete Clauses

Anyone work for a company who maintains a non-compete clause upon being hired?

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X