No announcement yet.

Security company non-compete Clauses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're allowed to fight back? Wow. Usually you are not, as that is being confrontational.

Securitas is the second largest security company in the world.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by fatalflaw
      I don't know if Securitas is national, but here in Oklahoma City, there is no way in God's green earth you would ever get me to work there even if all the patrol cars were Ferrari Enzo's and filled up with 100 dollar bills that you could keep. Reason being is atleast here they have a policy for their officers that you have to be hit >> 3 << times before you can even fight back. 3 times! No way lol.
      For a Ferrari filled with 100 dollar bills I could keep... I'd take 3 hits before turning the suspect's head into a canoe.
      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
        You're allowed to fight back? Wow. Usually you are not, as that is being confrontational.

Securitas is the second largest security company in the world.
        Who is Number 1 - Guardsmark?
        The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed.

Comment

I'm guessing he means securitas as in group4 (also includes wackyhut)

Comment

Reason being is atleast here they have a policy for their officers that you have to be hit >> 3 << times before you can even fight back. 3 times! No way lol.
            Yeah, that doesn't sound like an urban legend or anything.

Comment

I got that information first hand from 2 security guards in our phase 1 & 2 class that were working for Securitas at the time under their conditional.
              We may not be sworn in, have all the powers of arrest as a peace officer, or are able to run red & blues, but damnit, when the chips are down, the **** hits the fan, and the bullets are flying, me and an LEO share the same dumpster for cover, and spill the same blood in the same mud. All other differences are just details.

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
                Yeah, that doesn't sound like an urban legend or anything.
                It pretty much does sound like Securitas policy. From the General Orders books I've seen, guards are prohibited from defending themselves generally, and are to run away and call their supervisor if confronted. Under no circumstances are they to "confront" anyone.
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I got that information first hand from 2 security guards in our phase 1 & 2 class that were working for Securitas at the time under their conditional.
                  And they got it from....Where? Other guards? 'Supervisors'? Policy manual?

No place I know of, least of all a mega-corp like Securitas, is going to risk getting sued like crazy by actually enacting and recording a policy like that.

Disclaimer: I've worked for them, both armed and unarmed, and have never seen/heard of anything remotely like that. It was always something along the lines of "don't start anything, but if being assaulted is unavoidable somehow, use the minimum force necessary to stop the assault and call local law right away".

AlliedBarton, on the other hand, apparently (word of mouth seems to be a frequent factor in this thread) have a policy stating that if someone tries to take you hostage, you should 'give in and surrender'. The guard who told me that quit at that point in her training class.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X