Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where am I?? Canadian Far Northwest

Howdy folks, I'm still a member!

Early last month, in the run of a week, my wife was hired to work at a pay rate 3.5 times my salary, I had to quit my job (and I loved my job - no kidding), and we moved 2500 miles (4000 km) to Canada's Northwest.

There might be more work up here in my field but the town is less than a 1000 people - and it's one of the bigger ones here! - so security work is almost non-existant.

So what do I do? Make my own, of course. Get the local businesses interested (and it's working, it's just a matter of not pushing too hard). I'm also looking even further north (200 km from the Arctic Circle) at the diamond mines - 12 hours a day, 2 weeks on / off, living in a camp (with squash courts, commissary, tv rooms, full gym, 3 types of golf stuff, saunas, and on and on). And speaking of mines, there's a lot of them up here - diamond, tungsten, oil, gas, you name it.

Anyhoo, just a post to let everyone know that I'm not a transient, that I am still a contributing, interested, and appreciative member of SIWForums.

And by the way - study continues on the IFPO CPO course.

Mahsi
    (thank you in native Dene)

wjohnc
    Rule #1: Go home at the end of the day in an upright position, with everything attached, and with peace of mind for having done the job well.
    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." - John Wayne (in his last movie 'The Shootist')

Welcome back.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

PS: If the security business doesn't work out, try selling long johns. Brrrrrh.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X