• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rochester Guard Kills Alleged Gunman

October 23, 2006
    Rochester, NY:
    http://www.wstm.com/Global/story.asp...nav=menu133_11

http://www.10nbc.com/index.asp?templ...story_id=20515

An unnamed Wilson Farms 40 year old security guard shot and killed an 18 year old who allegedly pointed a rifle or shotgun at him.
    Last edited by 1stWatch; 10-23-2006, 06:06 PM. Reason: Additional Content
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

It's tragic, but the police would have reacted the same way.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Most of the Wilson Farms/Sugarcreek stores use off-duty cops for security. I wonder why this one had a security guard. They must have changed their policy since I left.

Comment

Sad, but it sounds justified.
        I have come close to firing my gun, but thank God, I have never needed to.
        "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

I grew up in Rochester. The city itself is pretty bad but the suburbs are nice. That whole downtown area for the most part is really really bad and I know a lot of the grocery stores and public places downtown have armed security.

Comment

Originally posted by hisownhero
            I grew up in Rochester. The city itself is pretty bad but the suburbs are nice. That whole downtown area for the most part is really really bad and I know a lot of the grocery stores and public places downtown have armed security.
            Downtown isn't bad, I worked at Midtown Plaza for about a year and never had a problem. It's not what it once was, but I wouldn't call it bad.

The crescent, on the other hand...

Comment

This is the first I've heard of the incident and I work in Rochester. I've also never heard of "Buffalo" security but there is a company I believe is called Bison and they do armed work in the area. I think that they are mainly ex-cops. From the stories it looks like the shooting was legit so I hope they leave the guard alone.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lord of the Keys
                This is the first I've heard of the incident and I work in Rochester. I've also never heard of "Buffalo" security but there is a company I believe is called Bison and they do armed work in the area. I think that they are mainly ex-cops. From the stories it looks like the shooting was legit so I hope they leave the guard alone.
                Yeah, Bison hires mostly cops.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X