25 years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 years!

I started working in my downtown hotel on October 18, 1981. Hard to believe that 25 years have gone by. Even harder to believe is that I still enjoy this job. Even after all these years I still get to deal with new things & am constantly learning
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Bravo
    Job well done
    I am guessing you will be at another 50 years?
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Originally posted by copelandamuffy
      Bravo
      Job well done
      I am guessing you will be at another 50 years?
      Thanks Cope.

I'm 50 so I expect to be at it another 15 at least!

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
        I started working in my downtown hotel on October 18, 1981. Hard to believe that 25 years have gone by. Even harder to believe is that I still enjoy this job. Even after all these years I still get to deal with new things & am constantly learning
        That's what I call an accomplishment, especially in the security field. Congratulations!!

PS: 50 years old? That's OK gramps, uh, I mean officer.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

25 yrs thats great sir. Congrats. Thank You for your service

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
            That's what I call an accomplishment, especially in the security field. Congratulations!!

PS: 50 years old? That's OK gramps, uh, I mean officer.
            Now be nice to us elder folks. Age is what you make of it. At 70, I'm still trying to figure that out.
            Enjoy the day,
            Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
              Now be nice to us elder folks. Age is what you make of it. At 70, I'm still trying to figure that out.
              Enjoy the day,
              Bill

Thanks Bill....I think First time I've been refered to as an elder folk (My father is 77!)

Comment

Way to go!

Congrats!! HotelSecurity!
                I am glad to see that you still like the JOB after 25 years. Keep up the good work

KW

Comment

Thanks Bill....I think First time I've been refered to as an elder folk (My father is 77!)
                  Well, you are a senior in the industry. Good for you, others should be as lucky to still find the work interesting after that amount of time.
                  Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                  Groucho Marx

Comment

Congrats!

Not far behind you, I've only got 24 years and 2 months left to match ya...

The HR person/secretary asked me the day I got hired if I had any questions, and I said "yeah, do you have a retirement plan?"

In my case, starting a new job at 41 years old kinda makes you think you should plan on sticking around for a while...
                    “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                    "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
                      Well, you are a senior in the industry. Good for you, others should be as lucky to still find the work interesting after that amount of time.
                      Eric:
                      The neat things about this industry are the people you meet along the way and the way it keeps reinventing itself almost on a daily basis.
                      The ride is and has been wild and wonderful. For someone who enjoys the game of "cat and mouse," like I do, you couldn't want a better industry.
                      Enjoy the day,
                      Bill

Comment

Eric:
                        The neat things about this industry are the people you meet along the way and the way it keeps reinventing itself almost on a daily basis.
                        The ride is and has been wild and wonderful. For someone who enjoys the game of "cat and mouse," like I do, you couldn't want a better industry.
                        Enjoy the day,
                        Bill
                        Boy, ain't that the truth...

One day could be boring as all get out, routine patrols and the like, and the next day, WHAM! Here comes 3 coach busses full of New England Leaf Peepers, a group reservation of 350 convention attendees (with open bar mind you), or a convoy of extreme skiiers/snowboarders checking in for a week of Vermont snow...

Of course in my patrol area during ski season, there are consistently times when a single 2 bedroom rental will house around 7 or 8 college students, wether by choice or necessity; You know the night is going to be interesting to say the least when the local shuttle bus drops them off and EACH ONE is carrying a case of beer over their shoulder into the unit at 1:00 a.m....
                        “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                        "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Originally posted by flashlightcop509
                          Boy, ain't that the truth...

One day could be boring as all get out, routine patrols and the like, and the next day, WHAM! Here comes 3 coach busses full of New England Leaf Peepers, a group reservation of 350 convention attendees (with open bar mind you), or a convoy of extreme skiiers/snowboarders checking in for a week of Vermont snow...

Of course in my patrol area during ski season, there are consistently times when a single 2 bedroom rental will house around 7 or 8 college students, wether by choice or necessity; You know the night is going to be interesting to say the least when the local shuttle bus drops them off and EACH ONE is carrying a case of beer over their shoulder into the unit at 1:00 a.m....
                          Been there, seen that MANY times Even worse is when they put a church group on the same floor as the college students. You know you are nit going to be bored that night

Comment

Enjoy the day,
                            Bill
                            Ok, Ok.....
                            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Congrats on making it to the big 25.
                              Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X