Firearm training class in Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearm training class in Illinois

I'm trying to find out where I can take the 40 hour firearm training course in Illinois. I've searched the government sites, and I can't find any listings for actual training facilities. I'm not getting anything on Google searches either, though I may not be putting in the right combination of words to search for. I'd like to take this class on my own, so that I'm a little more marketable down the road. I feel that if I take this course now, it will be that much easier to get hired in to an armed position. Any good leads or info would be great!

Originally posted by bumpus
    I'm trying to find out where I can take the 40 hour firearm training course in Illinois. I've searched the government sites, and I can't find any listings for actual training facilities. I'm not getting anything on Google searches either, though I may not be putting in the right combination of words to search for. I'd like to take this class on my own, so that I'm a little more marketable down the road. I feel that if I take this course now, it will be that much easier to get hired in to an armed position. Any good leads or info would be great!
    Most of these courses are offered by private instructors, licensed through the State. I have no idea where a Wisconsin Licensed Security Firearms Examiner is, either, in my area. The state dosen't provide that information.

If you know of any security schools (private schools), try calling them. Or, trying to call some larger companies, and simply ask them "Who is your firearms school?"
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Go to your local law enforcement agency. They normally hold courses in firearms safety and proper use. They use their range instructors to conduct the course and present certificates for successful completion. Another source is the local gun store. Many have ranges and will enroll owners for a fee. Their instructors, as N. A. pointed out, are state or commonwealth certified. They also provide certificates for successful completion.
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
        Go to your local law enforcement agency. They normally hold courses in firearms safety and proper use. They use their range instructors to conduct the course and present certificates for successful completion. Another source is the local gun store. Many have ranges and will enroll owners for a fee. Their instructors, as N. A. pointed out, are state or commonwealth certified. They also provide certificates for successful completion.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill
        Usually, for state security firearms courses, the police department isn't certified by the State Department of Regulation to teach the course. Its done through private enterprise, has a specific format, a specific state mandated test, and must be tought by a state licensed firearms instructor.

These courses are less to do with firearms safety, and more to do with stressing the legal aspects of being a hired gun, when you can shoot, not shoot, etc. The range time is minimal, and very cursory.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X