Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oc pepper spray

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by 1stWatch
    Remember also, even if you don't get any on you while spraying it, you will when/if you move in to handcuff the suspect you just sprayed.
    Yeah. I have been told (never bothered to have it done) that if you call EMS for OC decon of the suspect (Ie: Call 911 and request police and ambulance, not just police) that the EMTs will be happy to hit your cuffs with a bottle of saline for you.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

    "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      Yeah. I have been told (never bothered to have it done) that if you call EMS for OC decon of the suspect (Ie: Call 911 and request police and ambulance, not just police) that the EMTs will be happy to hit your cuffs with a bottle of saline for you.
      I used to do the call-the-f.d. thing after spraying someone. I realized after a few times of them coming out and placing a tiny squirt of saline in the suspects eyes and then putting it away while laughing at him I could do better to decontaminate him just by tossing some of my bottled water on him.

      Now what's really amusing is to try to tell him to apply axle grease. I'm not saying I've done that though.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by EMTGuard
        Having the wind at your back isn't always a guarantee of not getting it on you. I got some good blow back from OC spray once when the breeze was coming from behind me. Seems the stuff whipped around anyway and got in my face. Oh that smarts.
        When I have used OC in the past, I preferred the foam type. It is less likely to blow back on you and it sticks to eyeglasses.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Mr. Security
          When I have used OC in the past, I preferred the foam type. It is less likely to blow back on you and it sticks to eyeglasses.
          An opponent can pick up the foam by hand and throw it back on you. I know that from first-hand experience.
          "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by 1stWatch
            An opponent can pick up the foam by hand and throw it back on you. I know that from first-hand experience.
            The foam we use at work melts almost instantly....Great stuff, but the burning sets in as soon as it hits, versus the 5-10 seconds for stream or fog.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by wilrobnson
              The foam we use at work melts almost instantly....Great stuff, but the burning sets in as soon as it hits, versus the 5-10 seconds for stream or fog.
              Interesting. What is its range? Also, is it useful on multiple assailants?
              "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by 1stWatch
                Interesting. What is its range? Also, is it useful on multiple assailants?
                I've used it in training and testing and found it to be 8-12 feet. Multiple assailants? Sure, just like stream spray. Give the closest guy a good 'Z' pattern, then shift over the his buddy...

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by wilrobnson
                  I've used it in training and testing and found it to be 8-12 feet. Multiple assailants? Sure, just like stream spray. Give the closest guy a good 'Z' pattern, then shift over the his buddy...
                  One advantage I have seen with stream and cone patterns is you can spray the o.c. over the heads of a fighting crowd and it will settle down on them and contaminate them that way.
                  "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by 1stWatch
                    One advantage I have seen with stream and cone patterns is you can spray the o.c. over the heads of a fighting crowd and it will settle down on them and contaminate them that way.
                    Yeah, I did that in a bar once, gotta love it. That won't work with the foam, sadly, and I'm not too keen on carrying two cans.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by wilrobnson
                      Yeah, I did that in a bar once, gotta love it. That won't work with the foam, sadly, and I'm not too keen on carrying two cans.
                      I always carried two, one foam and one stream. One for each hand and a back-up in case one was a dud.
                      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        In LP I carried Freeze under I think it was 2%, it's without the P

                        As a PO, I carry Freeze + P, department issued so I don't have a choice, But I've been using Freeze for a few years. I love how it's steady stream instead of a spray. Especially for Retail situations where a Crowd Tends to build up over an LP fight.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Mr. Security
                          I always carried two, one foam and one stream. One for each hand and a back-up in case one was a dud.
                          I wish i had the room on my duty belt to carry two canisters. fyi I carry sabre red hasnt let me down yet. its some pretty hot stuff and guaranteed heat level of 2 million heat units.
                          "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Isn't more about how long the hurt last rather than how much it hurts?
                            I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                            -Lieutenant Commander Data
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              id rather have quick takedown high heat (more pain) than worry about how long it will hurt them, thats why i said heat level not percentage of oc
                              "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Pepper sprays are rated in two ways: Percentage of Oleoresin Capsicum in the agent itself, and the Are All Pepper Sprays the Same?

                                No, all pepper sprays are not the same.

                                Pepper sprays are rated in two ways: Percentage of Oleoresin Capsicum in the agent itself, and the
                                Last edited by bigdog; 03-12-2006, 02:55 PM.
                                "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

                                Comment

                                Leaderboard

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X