No announcement yet.

oc pepper spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 oz. Aerko FREEZE +P (Stream). The combo of OC/CS has never failed for me. In the last year I?ve used about two 4 oz cans, and it's worked successfully every time.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
      4 oz. Aerko FREEZE +P (Stream). The combo of OC/CS has never failed for me. In the last year I?ve used about two 4 oz cans, and it's worked successfully every time.

THATS ALOT OF SPRAY 8 OUNCES HOW MANY SUBJECT ARE WE TALKING 15 OR 20 SUBJECTS SPRAYED?
      "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

I Carry Sabre Red 1.8 Oz Ive Used It A Few Times It Hasnt Failed Yet. I Was Wondering If The Hype About Fox Brand Was Well Founded

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog
          [/B]

THATS ALOT OF SPRAY 8 OUNCES HOW MANY SUBJECT ARE WE TALKING 15 OR 20 SUBJECTS SPRAYED?
          That's an entire year, up north, as well. 4oz cans are the MK IV, especially with Freeze P+.

I'd go through a 4 oz can a year, in Florida, due to occasional testing (once per month), enviornmental denial deployments, and de-pressurization over time. The first moment you pop the seal by spraying it, it generally will go flat in a year, if not sooner.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

i should test my oc once a month?

Comment

i should test my oc once a month?
              Its really up to you. I partially did it because:

1) Its fun to clear your sinuses out every once and awhile, and become reacquainted with exposure. Reminds you that you can work when contaiminated from blowback.

2) You know the canister will fire. Shaking it is not an accurate indicator of propellant level, and not really of agent level, either.

Once you push the button on the OC can, the clock is ticking, I've been informed.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

[/B]

Without going back and checking every incident report, I can't say exactly how many subjects I have maced. The accounts I work at are notorious for disorderly conduct, assault, drug activity, etc.
                "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

DO U USE THE OC TO BREAK UP THE FIGHT OR only when they try to assult or commit battry on you?

Comment

In Washington you can use force to defend yourself or others if open hand control has not worked.

Take your CAPS lock off please.
                    Liability is never above officer safety. Do what you must to make sure you go home safe.

William-2, 10-6 for 105. Yep, I'm at Starbucks!

I may be gay, but I'll eff you up!

Personal Web Site

Cheap, Quality Web Design! Put a great cop on the beat by helping with my tuition! :-D

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                      Its really up to you. I partially did it because:

1) Its fun to clear your sinuses out every once and awhile, and become reacquainted with exposure. Reminds you that you can work when contaiminated from blowback.

2) You know the canister will fire. Shaking it is not an accurate indicator of propellant level, and not really of agent level, either.

Once you push the button on the OC can, the clock is ticking, I've been informed.
                      N.A. makes an important point. When I used to carry OC, I would occasionally discharge a can because it was getting old and it?s good to practice. On two different occasions, I was surprised to find out that I was carrying a "dud."
                      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

tested my oc yestrday andended up having the wind blow some back in my face. i forgot how much it burns.

Comment

tested my oc yestrday andended up having the wind blow some back in my face. i forgot how much it burns.
                          Another good reason to test fire it. The next time you use it, you won't forget to make a mental note of the wind direction and speed.
                          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

there wasnt any detectable wind i was pretty suprised when it came back at me

Comment

Having the wind at your back isn't always a guarantee of not getting it on you. I got some good blow back from OC spray once when the breeze was coming from behind me. Seems the stuff whipped around anyway and got in my face. Oh that smarts.
                              Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Remember also, even if you don't get any on you while spraying it, you will when/if you move in to handcuff the suspect you just sprayed.
                                "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X