First post hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post hello everyone

I am 30 YOA and married, got out of the corporate world last year and now I currently work section 8 housing security in the Denver metro area, also a current MA in Navy reserves and hoping to go on and become a LEO once college is done. Hoping to learn anything I can from others here and maybe even add to a few things if possible.

Welcome SeanCO.

Comment

SeanCO. Welcome. If you have security questions, this is the place. Ask and the membership will do its level best to provide the most complete and accurate answer available. Do not expect a lot of "shooting from the hip" as you will be disappointed.
      Again, welcome aboard,
      Bill

Comment

Welcome SeanCO.

Comment

How's being a Military 455 Adjuster working out? I debated NR for their MAA program, but decided on State Guard - Security Police, because I like the Air Force better than the Navy, and I don't know why.

Welcome to the site.

Oh, that reminds me. Do you release your Section 8 Resident List to your security officers? If so, why? If not, why not?
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            How's being a Military 455 Adjuster working out? I debated NR for their MAA program, but decided on State Guard - Security Police, because I like the Air Force better than the Navy, and I don't know why.

Welcome to the site.

Oh, that reminds me. Do you release your Section 8 Resident List to your security officers? If so, why? If not, why not?
            I chose the Navy because of the great training a Master at Arms gets and am looking forward to hopefully going to the Dog handling school next year. And then in a couple of more years I will try to go to the investigations school, as far as I am concerned I will take all the free schooling they want to give me that I can use in my pursuit of a LEO career.

As for releasing our resident lists we don't do that, but we do have offender lists that we keep in our patrol laptops that include a photo and all their information. These lists are made up of individuals that we have dealt with where criminal charges/arrests have taken place. They also cover those who are of interest with local PD's that we are to keep an eye on for any signs of illegal activity (I.E. dealers, sex offenders, house arrest, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by SeanCO
              I chose the Navy because of the great training a Master at Arms gets and am looking forward to hopefully going to the Dog handling school next year. And then in a couple of more years I will try to go to the investigations school, as far as I am concerned I will take all the free schooling they want to give me that I can use in my pursuit of a LEO career.

As for releasing our resident lists we don't do that, but we do have offender lists that we keep in our patrol laptops that include a photo and all their information. These lists are made up of individuals that we have dealt with where criminal charges/arrests have taken place. They also cover those who are of interest with local PD's that we are to keep an eye on for any signs of illegal activity (I.E. dealers, sex offenders, house arrest, etc).
              Ah. I was wondering because one of the sites I used to work at refused to provide us tenant lists, but expected us to know if any person we stopped was on the lease or not. It was to the point that we simply did not know.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

i work in section 8 housing and we get a list of residents
                "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                  Ah. I was wondering because one of the sites I used to work at refused to provide us tenant lists, but expected us to know if any person we stopped was on the lease or not. It was to the point that we simply did not know.
                  Yeah we run into that very same problem all of the time, it's very frustrating but we have worked it out to where we can call and verify a resident on a lease if needed. We usually don't mess with that, but anytime we contact somebody we get all their information and it goes into our reports. It's funny because one of our toughest sites that has the highest amount of crime we have the least cooperation from management and they almost do everything they can to make our jobs more difficult.

Comment

Yeah we run into that very same problem all of the time, it's very frustrating but we have worked it out to where we can call and verify a resident on a lease if needed. We usually don't mess with that, but anytime we contact somebody we get all their information and it goes into our reports. It's funny because one of our toughest sites that has the highest amount of crime we have the least cooperation from management and they almost do everything they can to make our jobs more difficult.
                    Apartment Managers have supervisors. Get your documentation, prepare a detailed report on where, how, and if possible why you met resistance, and how this resistance impacts the quality of service your providing. If you can quantify it to the level that the company is being placed in a position of liability (officer safety, lowered standard of care, implied or material breach of contract, etc), talk to the nice person's supervsior.

The management company or the owners hired the security company to do a job. If someone stands in the way of that job, they need removed, or the contract needs reevaluated. Never let the contract take the company down.

Comment

Name Change

I chose the Navy because of the great training a Master at Arms gets........
                      Any truth in the rumour that the US Navy is going to change the name of Master at Arms to Navy Police?

Comment

If you are selected for the DOD Working Dog Center program at Lackland AFB, you will enjoy working with some of the finest instructors the military has to offer and some really sharp students.
                        The military has a hard time retaining instructors because civilian agencies come knocking at their door with very lucrative offers.
                        It is a pity the military will not let members stay in the Working Dog Program thoughout their careers as they do in civilian life. Sometimes enlightenment comes slowly to military and civilian leadership.
                        Enjoy the day,
                        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
                          If you are selected for the DOD Working Dog Center program at Lackland AFB, you will enjoy working with some of the finest instructors the military has to offer and some really sharp students.
                          The military has a hard time retaining instructors because civilian agencies come knocking at their door with very lucrative offers.
                          It is a pity the military will not let members stay in the Working Dog Program thoughout their careers as they do in civilian life. Sometimes enlightenment comes slowly to military and civilian leadership.
                          Enjoy the day,
                          Bill
                          From what I've heard, there are still base commanders who order left handed MPs to wear their M9 on the right hand side so that everyone looks uniform during guard mount.

Slowly indeed.

Comment

If that were not bad enough, some commanders were obsessed with having all their subordinates write, eat and so forth with their right hands. The basis for that logic comes from the Bible wherein the right hand was always mentioned and at the end of times the good would be on God's right hand side and the bad on His left.
                            If I have this correct, the Director of Security Forces issued directives taking that prerogative of right hand holsters away from local commanders. Before I left the active Air Force in 1966, modifications were made to the M-16 to accomodate left handers. Progress is made in inches not miles or at least that is the old saw.
                            At one time, women in the Air Police/Security Police were required to carry their sidearms in purses. Old wags thought it unsightly for women to carry revolvers or pistols on their hips. One poor thing, a colonel's wife, stated the women suffered from penis envy for even wanting to be in security or law enforcement.
                            Times are a changing!
                            Enjoy the day,
                            Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X