Va. DCJS questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Va. DCJS questions.

I have acquired information about a temporary position as Armed Security Officer in Virginia. I need to give an answer by close of business Friday, Oct. 13. Thats all the information I can share at this time.

In addition to other requirements, the position requires Va. DCJS certification. I've reviewed the information on the Virginia website and read all posts I could find about Va. DCJS in SIW but still have questions.

1)It appears the certification requires 80 hours total class time? 2)There is no indication of costs of certification nor how long application takes? 3)It appears the majority of the course pertains to Virginia State Law? 4)What waivers are allowed?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

DCJS Armed Officer 99-173557

The certification takes 80 hours total because of the different levels of training. The initial application costs $25, plus the fingerprint card and application takes $50. Then you have to fill out an application for the handgun certification, this is a $10 fee. These are all just state fees fro application proccessing. The cost for training is around $165. The courses that you have to complete(without having exeptions) are: 01E Unarmed Security Officer Training, 05E Armed Security Officer Arrest Authority, and 07E Basic Handgun Training. There is also 08E Shotgun Training. There is a list of certified training school on www.dcjs.virginia.gov/pps. Good Luck and Stay Safe.
    Keeping the parking lots safe, hallways moving and the Chik Fil A busy.

Comment

Thanks SEO 09. What I needed to know.

Comment

No problem, hope everything goes well.
        Keeping the parking lots safe, hallways moving and the Chik Fil A busy.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X