Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cleaner does the wrong thing I get moved...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaner does the wrong thing I get moved...

I have been having trouble with a cleaner where i work and several others have had a similar problem.I recently got pulled into see the supervisor because I put a note to a person who was suspected of stealing money and other items in my bag the note was in the money section of my wallet that was then put into my hand bag then put into another bag. the note said the persons name and I know what you are doing stop stealing from me or I will call the police. so anyway the supervisor says we need to have a talk because this woman isnt too impressed with me accusing her of stealing. The point that how did she know about the note if she wasnt in my bag didnt register with the supervisor and she then said that she would back this woman 100 percent and wouldnt have me causing trouble for her. I have now been moved to night shift and the count is now six guards that she has either got sacked, reposted or they left because of her. I also found out that this woman befriends older people then hits them up for money and the supervisor didnt do anything about it. Does anyone know if that type of thing is covered by a confidentiality agreement or am I allowed to discuss it with the police as i have been warned by the supervisor when a customer accused the woman of stealing her wallet(let me know if you wanna hear that one).

I tend to like the idea of keeping some of these complaints in house, if possible.
    You may want to consult a Lawyer just in case before taking any action.

Try another time to discuss this with your boss, if there are no changes, advise him/her that you will be talking with XXXXX (his boss or HR as you decide)

Do you have a union rep?
    Can you discuss the events / facts with your supervisor's boss?
    Your life is being affected, can Human Resources not be involved?

Document everything, and cover your butt everyday.
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

Comment

This isn't a complaint, this is a crime. If you want to make a criminal complaint that someone is committing petty theft of your property, the company has no authority to prevent that.

Especially in a country so regulated as Australia where the police regulate the security industry directly.

Now, as to being transferred, Eric is right, that's an HR issue.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by ozsecuritychic
        I have been having trouble with a cleaner where i work and several others have had a similar problem.I recently got pulled into see the supervisor because I put a note to a person who was suspected of stealing money and other items in my bag the note was in the money section of my wallet that was then put into my hand bag then put into another bag. the note said the persons name and I know what you are doing stop stealing from me or I will call the police. so anyway the supervisor says we need to have a talk because this woman isnt too impressed with me accusing her of stealing. The point that how did she know about the note if she wasnt in my bag didnt register with the supervisor and she then said that she would back this woman 100 percent and wouldnt have me causing trouble for her. I have now been moved to night shift and the count is now six guards that she has either got sacked, reposted or they left because of her. I also found out that this woman befriends older people then hits them up for money and the supervisor didnt do anything about it. Does anyone know if that type of thing is covered by a confidentiality agreement or am I allowed to discuss it with the police as i have been warned by the supervisor when a customer accused the woman of stealing her wallet(let me know if you wanna hear that one).

Hmmm, you are in a tricky situation. Even tho it's obvious the person has been in your bag, she hasn't actually committed any offence. If she had stolen something from your wallet then she would have committed stealing, but going through someones wallet isn't an offence.

I'd be going straight over your supervisors head to the general manager or whoever is actually in charge of the business. The supervisor needs replacing that's for sure! I'd also gather as much information you can to back up your claim before going to whoever is in charge, that way when the supervisor is bought in and questioned over the mater, it makes him/her look like the dill they are for not taking appropriate action and your story seriously. There are simply to many guards stating the same case and information to the supervisor not to take the mater seriouslty and warrant further investigations.

It's never a breach a client confidentiality to talk to the Police, especially when you suspect a crime is and/or has been committed. Just remember it's a crime not to report such incudents to Police as if a crime has been committed and you've failed to report it YOU can be charged with being a accessory to the crime under the tort law of "duty of care" in Australia.

Also if you're a member of the LHMWU you are entitled to free legal advice
        A well trained dog is worth 10 men!

I can recall my dog, but I can never recall a fired bullet!

Would you prefer me to use the dog, the Glock, the baton or the O.C. spray? It's your health insurance so you decide. Alternatively there is always the handcuffs, followed by the Police with the court house preceeding rapidly after. Now which service would you like me to utilise

Comment

my supervisor also really has a problem with me talking to the police too, I get along with the police pretty well and when they are not busy they stop by to say hello and find out if I have been having any trouble ect.As far as I know its part of my job to get along with the cops and she gets really strange if she sees me speaking to them. And another thing one of the people who is a supervisor is a police officer and when he comes from newcastle to see this other supervisor who makes arrangements to see this woman she doesnt seem to actually meet with him, there is always something that comes up for her not to see him and she gets someone else to say she cant attend. I have the forms to fill in to join the union and will be getting on to it straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by ozsecuritychic
            my supervisor also really has a problem with me talking to the police too, I get along with the police pretty well and when they are not busy they stop by to say hello and find out if I have been having any trouble ect.As far as I know its part of my job to get along with the cops and she gets really strange if she sees me speaking to them. And another thing one of the people who is a supervisor is a police officer and when he comes from newcastle to see this other supervisor who makes arrangements to see this woman she doesnt seem to actually meet with him, there is always something that comes up for her not to see him and she gets someone else to say she cant attend. I have the forms to fill in to join the union and will be getting on to it straight away.

It's always in your best interest to forge strong professional relationships with local Police. Sometimes it can be a one-way street tho as some Police still have this Police V's Security attitude, but it's slowly going.

If I was you, I'd ask one of the Police you have a good relationship with does the cleaner you speak of have any criminal priors for stealing etc and tell them why. You don't of course want the Police nor expect them to tell you that persons full criminal history, but they will often tell you "yes they have priors for theft etc." Who knows, maybe people have been reporting thefts to Police and they haven't been able to put the pieces together and your information might be just the piece that makes the jig saw puzzle.

If you're not a member of the LHMWU, don't bother joining as they are seriously useless. I'd definately be ging straight over your supervisors head tho to managment. Who knows, the cleaner and your supervisor might be working together committing theft offences. Stranger things have happened..............
            A well trained dog is worth 10 men!

I can recall my dog, but I can never recall a fired bullet!

Would you prefer me to use the dog, the Glock, the baton or the O.C. spray? It's your health insurance so you decide. Alternatively there is always the handcuffs, followed by the Police with the court house preceeding rapidly after. Now which service would you like me to utilise

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X