Oral board For security officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral board For security officer

Can someone help me out with the security oral board?
    FOR THOSE LONG NIGHTS ON SHIFT

What is that?
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I have a oral board interview for a security officer position for colonial williamsburg!

Comment

Any police oral board websites or books should help you out, there's not much preparation you can do for an interview - either you're the guy for the job or you're not.

Comment

Originally posted by Duveve
          Can someone help me out with the security oral board?
          What position are you applying for is the thing to remember? How well do you know your subject. Take care when they ask you to extemporize. It is a balance don't say to much and don't say too little.
          Above all, relax. They are measuring you for a shoe. Will your foot fit?
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

Hint: Most companies don't have review boards. I don't know of any state that requires one for licensing (Anyone know of one?) As Jackhole said, grab a book on some Public Service Review boards, such as Police Oral Boards.

Also, if there's a cop on the board:
            DO NOT LIE. They can detect it. They will know.
            If there's not a cop on the board, I wouldn't chance lying either.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Boy am I out of touch. I did not know what he meant by an oral board. I guess that is what happens when you work for one company for the past 25 years. (Next week I'll start my 26th year )
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

(Congrats on your long standing dedication to the Security field HotelSecurity.)

Watch your body language - head, arm, leg movement, it could be saying yes when you are saying no.
                Sit properly without a lot of movement, practice crossing your legs so it is not distracting (female or male).

Dress and groom for the part. Polish those shoes. Shake hands with confidence, do not crush or injure.

It is ok to pause and think before responding. Read your own resume a few times and think about each area, what questions will they ask.

I have a portfolio filled with education certificates and examples of some of my better works, would that be right for you?

Thank everyone you have contact with.
                Last edited by Eric; 10-10-2006, 07:31 AM.
                Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                Groucho Marx

Comment

Wow! Guess I'm really outta touch. What "is" a Security Board and just what is expected at an oral board interview. Is this a panel of people with questions? Or is this a job interview?

Comment

Its a job interview with a company that likes to use Police Review Boards. In other words, there's probably going to be a panel of people instead of just one HR employee interviewing, and they'll be asking a bunch of questions that may or may not be related to the interview.

Its probably one step in their odyssey of hiring practices, too.
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by mh892
                      Wow! Guess I'm really outta touch. What "is" a Security Board and just what is expected at an oral board interview. Is this a panel of people with questions? Or is this a job interview?

It is a oral board panel of 3. This is for a Security Officer position in colonial williamburg.

Comment

As I had posted before here elsewhere, this is becoming the latest trend. It filters weak applicants from the oens that will value gainful employment.

Keys:
                        - Confidence
                        - Articualtion skills
                        - Comfortability with stress and pressure.

Display these qualities while conducting your oral board, and you will do absolutely fine!
                        Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Hey to all I can answer the question about my experience and such. The problem is when they ask me a senario question that I never encounter before it throws me off. I just would not know unless I been trained in that type of situation.

Comment

I wouldn’t say I had an oral board, but three different people interviewed me. The first interview was by the Regional Operations Manger at the regional office, once he though I was a good candidate I was given a written test and then set up a second interview. The second interview was by the Site Project Manager and the Command Center Facilitator at the client site.
                            DizZy SO

Comment

Originally posted by Duveve
                              Hey to all I can answer the question about my experience and such. The problem is when they ask me a senario question that I never encounter before it throws me off. I just would not know unless I been trained in that type of situation.
                              Explain to them that if one is unsure of the proper procedure, then it is good to request assistance from the supervisor, if possible. Also, most sites have post orders that lay down the policy for that particular site.

Above all else, if you don't know the answer avoid trying to bluff your way through.
                              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X