Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

use of force

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • use of force

    what are ur company guidelines on use of force and handcuffing?
    "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

  • #2
    We don't hand cuff, we don't even carry cuffs, and if force is necessary we call the cops and let them use all the force they want.
    Hospital Security Officer

    Comment


    • #3
      ONLY when there is a direct and immediate threat to another person and their saftey, NOT for property damage, vandalism, etc... Detain to prevent any physical harm to subject or bystanders...no cuffs.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Nighthawk
        ONLY when there is a direct and immediate threat to another person and their saftey, NOT for property damage, vandalism, etc... Detain to prevent any physical harm to subject or bystanders...no cuffs.
        Question: How do you stop their ability to continue to use force if you can't restrain them properly? Without handcuffs, it becomes a "who can joint lock who" till the police comes, or "who can put the other down first."
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

        "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          Question: How do you stop their ability to continue to use force if you can't restrain them properly? Without handcuffs, it becomes a "who can joint lock who" till the police comes, or "who can put the other down first."
          The cops have a way of getting them in the car and taking off with them before you can get your cuffs back. I think they get training in that cause they're really smooth about it....haha

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by UncleDooly
            The cops have a way of getting them in the car and taking off with them before you can get your cuffs back. I think they get training in that cause they're really smooth about it....haha
            I usually had them trade cuffs with me, or I'd stop off at 49th street hotel and grab 10 or so. "I had a prisoner come here, they were wearing my cuffs?" Response: "Oh. Take some."
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

            "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

            Comment


            • #7
              who would u talk to to get cuffs? at 49 street
              "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

              Comment


              • #8
                We were taught and use the "pyramid" when it comes to use of force. Thankfully the worst I have had to do so far is hook somebody up.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Primary duty is to secure the ATM and protect the tech while backing off (if the threat has yet executed to the point of commitment). But of course with ATM escort work nine times out of ten it's going to be an armed subject in action from start to finish. Handcuffs will be the last thing we will be thinking about during such an event.

                  So far, only one case I know of by another PPO who used cuffs was after he nailed the subject with some capstun. It was a strong arm attempt that the bad guy found out was a mistake. The police, sheriff and state people here are failry good about switching cuffs or gettting them back to us.

                  I would much rather cuff and stuff them. Or for that matter retreat and aviod a conflict. Weather public or private sector a shoot is a shoot. And cuff's ussualy means a little paper work and you go home ealry.
                  My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

                  -Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

                  -It's just a job kid deal with it

                  -The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bigdog
                    who would u talk to to get cuffs? at 49 street
                    Booking Deputy. It helps, immensely, to know who was taken to jail, by what deputy, etc. The booking deputies usually give cuffs out because you've come for your cuffs, and they have no idea who's cuffs are who's, so you just rifle through the box and take some.
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

                    "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      we are taught handcuff if justified for your safety or anothers or for a criminal act we. mostly handcuff for our safety.
                      "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        emt guard -so if someone is getting beaten in front of u do u just watch and call 911.
                        Last edited by bigdog; 11-18-2005, 02:03 PM.
                        "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bigdog
                          what are ur company guidelines on use of force and handcuffing?
                          Company Guidelines would have to be in accordance with the laws of the relevant State.

                          Remember, that the final decision as to the use force to arrest a person rests with you, for you and you alone, will be the person who will have to justify that decision before a Court of Law and if you have got it wrong, then it is you who will face the consequences of your actions. Not the Company.

                          Generally speaking, most Statutes give Citizens the power of arrest where they 'find a person committing an indictable offence' .........and as soon as practable hand the person over to the police.....

                          As a Security Guard, you need to be absolutely sure of your powers, before comtemplating arresting a person, either by the use of force or not.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            As for use of force for self defense what i say is if you know you have to do something then you have to. You may not be able to wait for police. By the time the first car comes you might be hurt or dead. Police can be at every place at every second. But if its something you know that you can wait for police officers to arrive than thats what should be done. Our use of force says you can use force for self defense etc and says only use the amount of force that is needed and not any more than that. You have a right to defend your self if you have to.

                            Stay Safe All

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by S/O245
                              As for use of force for self defense what i say is if you know you have to do something then you have to. You may not be able to wait for police. By the time the first car comes you might be hurt or dead. Police can be at every place at every second. But if its something you know that you can wait for police officers to arrive than thats what should be done. Our use of force says you can use force for self defense etc and says only use the amount of force that is needed and not any more than that. You have a right to defend your self if you have to.

                              Stay Safe All
                              Also determine if your client expects you, as a contracted employee of your company, to phyiscally protect their employees, visitors, and patrons from attack or physical altercation. This would be "protecting people," and the courts have found that if your contracted to do so, and you stand there and dial 911 only, you are probally liable.

                              Most, if not all, states allow someone to use force in the defense of another person when they cannot defend themselves, or when it is obvious the force used against them is unlawful.

                              Always be aware of your legal duties, and how they affect you.
                              Some Kind of Commando Leader

                              "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                              Comment

                              Leaderboard

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X