getting taser'ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Caesar
    If you don't take the hit, you shouldn't be able to carry a "less lethal" weapon (Taser or OC) in my opinion. If you don't carry, you Shouldn't have to be forced to do anything.

And why should any employer (public of private) expose themselves to crazy levels of liability because someone dosen't want to follow established practices for no reason? I can understand if you have some kind of medical condition or something, but otherwise you should not be able t refuse, just like you can't refuse firearms training and expect them to let you carry a gun.

Without mandatory testing (including exposure the the effects of less lethal weaponry ie "taking the hit"), public and private agencies (which are already under threat in our sue crazy society) would simpy stop allowing the use of the weapons, which WILL get more police and security officials as well as citizens hurt.
    You state the above as if it's a fact. Can you site any specific litigation where an employer has been accused of negligence simply because they didn't require their officers to be tased as part of the training process?
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Black Caesar
      just like you can't refuse firearms training and expect them to let you carry a gun.
      I, for one, would not carry a firearm if it meant I had to be shot during training.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X