getting taser'ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting taser'ed

I got taser certified and "volunteered" to be tased as part of the training. That tool is awesome, the instructor only did 2 second bursts. 5 seconds would be exausting for me.
    so far we arn't going to carry on the job yet but we are getting the training done now so when approval goes through its instant.

Nice.. Good luck.. Let us know how it goes!
    Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Yup....

Yup, getting tased does suck.... But I would rather get tased then sprayed with pepper anyday....
      Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Before I'd been exposed to a TASER, I used to say I'd rather be shot than OC'd again...At least I know what that feels like.

But after riding the lightning a few times in training, hit me with that anyday.

Comment

That seems to be the general consensus. As I went through instructor training for OC, and returned, even some of our PD said I was crazy, as they had been asked by their department to undergo OC instructor training, and refused, but most are tazer instructor certified. Having been hosed by 5.5 and X2, i too would agree with the lightening ride over the chemical bath, even though I have yet to be tazered..LOL!
          Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Many in my department have argued the "I'd rather be tased than OC'ed" many times. Funnily enough we're about a 50/50 split on which we'd do again (I myself fall firmly in the "rather be tased" group).
            "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

When you get Tasered in training, do they just use the contact part on you, or are they actually shooting the barbs into you?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
                When you get Tasered in training, do they just use the contact part on you, or are they actually shooting the barbs into you?
                Depends on who is doing it. They shot it at a target, and then taped one to my back & put the other in my back pocket. I have friends who have been shot with the barbs.

Comment

You can buy a special cartridge that has the leads already out with alligator clips. Alternately, some just shoot you with the taser, so you understand that the barbs "do not hurt." Considering that you're getting 50,000 volts before the barbs even hit, I doubt you'll feel the probes going in.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

we got alligator clipped in various ways, the instructor hooked one lead to one person and another to a second person and had them pretend to be fighting. That dropped them fast.
                    The instructor also had us try to grab onto a second person's hand then the instructor would do a contact jolt right to the arm. It was impossible to hang on and the second person didn't feel a thing.

Also, i'm curious where the taser falls under your (if you have them) force options. Right now it looks like for us it is a more serious force option then OC or Baton.

Comment

Originally posted by knotquiteawake
                      ....snip...
                      Also, i'm curious where the taser falls under your (if you have them) force options. Right now it looks like for us it is a more serious force option then OC or Baton.
                      In our use of force matrix taser is before OC or baton.
                      "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

I personally would rather be OC'd then tazed again...I honestly don't ever want to get tazed again.
                        "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

I've had it done both ways...

-Once with a clip on the right shoulder and left hip, 2 second shot

-Once with a clip on each hip, 1 second shot

-Twice with both probes being deployed into my back at a range of 7-10 feet, supported by two other officers.

I also got fried with the Band-It (a jail toy). If you don't know what it is, trust me, you don't want to find out...We had one guy who ignored the advice to hit the restroom prior to the training. He was sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                            You can buy a special cartridge that has the leads already out with alligator clips. Alternately, some just shoot you with the taser, so you understand that the barbs "do not hurt." Considering that you're getting 50,000 volts before the barbs even hit, I doubt you'll feel the probes going in.
                            That's mostly what I was worried about. The time may come in the near future where I might be Tasered and I heard they were a barbed needle-like probe. All I could picture was a big fish-hook barb that would tear my skin open as they were pulled out.

I just watched some videos on YouTube and it looks like the barbs will be the least of my worries. Any idea how long the electricity goes for? It looks to be about 5 seconds. Is the time adjustable?

Comment

That's mostly what I was worried about. The time may come in the near future where I might be Tasered and I heard they were a barbed needle-like probe. All I could picture was a big fish-hook barb that would tear my skin open as they were pulled out.

I just watched some videos on YouTube and it looks like the barbs will be the least of my worries. Any idea how long the electricity goes for? It looks to be about 5 seconds. Is the time adjustable?
                              That's the kind they issue to security. It doesn't have any voltage (cheaper). It comes with a reel so that you can pull 'em in just like a fish.
                              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X