Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fired, HELP, don't want to work with mental people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fired, HELP, don't want to work with mental people.

Okay, been a while since I have been here.

I was terminated from my last secuirty outfit for showing up late, and doing a few things wrong but nothing big.

Look, I now got a security job with what is without a doubt the crummiest security outfit in the area. They are putting me in a psych ward, checking visitors in and out. I know that I especially do not want to do this because I used to work in a center for emotionally disturbed kids, listening to all their damn griping and dealing with crazy people blows.

At this site therei is no oudoor work, no patrolling the outer perimeter. I am stuck inside, sometimes they want me to be posted right in the hallway where the patients rooms are.

My last security company told me that I am inelegibile for rehire. And further I cant really use hospital experience as "private patrol" experience to count for what I eventually would like to do.

I need to get back with my olld company. How can I do it? Any ideas of how I can convince themt to take me back?

Originally posted by The_Mayor

I was terminated from my last secuirty outfit for showing up late, and doing a few things wrong but nothing big.

Look, I now got a security job with what is without a doubt the crummiest security outfit in the area. They are putting me in a psych ward, checking visitors in and out. I know that I especially do not want to do this because I used to work in a center for emotionally disturbed kids, listening to all their damn griping and dealing with crazy people blows.

At this site therei is no oudoor work, no patrolling the outer perimeter. I am stuck inside, sometimes they want me to be posted right in the hallway where the patients rooms are.

My last security company told me that I am inelegibile for rehire. And further I cant really use hospital experience as "private patrol" experience to count for what I eventually would like to do.

I need to get back with my olld company. How can I do it? Any ideas of how I can convince themt to take me back?
    You're best bet is to stay where you are at until you can find a job at another security company. Attempting to be rehired w/ the company that let you go is a waste of your time and makes you appear desperate. You made some mistakes and accepting the consequences is a part of the process. Make the best of your current situation, remember that it is temporary, and in the meantime keep looking for a better position.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I'm going to be honest with you mayor... You didn't make a lot of friends here last time around, so I wouldn't expect a lot of help. Besides... if you were fired and they are telling you that you are ineligible for rehire, then you have no chance. In fact, several of us were betting on how long it was going to take until you got fired. I'm not trying to be negative, but you kind of had it coming.
      "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll keep this current job and in the meantime keep my options open. I have an application with Securitas that is being processed now.
        I feel bad when I think about the job that I blew. Its the best private patrol around and the pay was actulally decent..Now I am going to be making less than $10 an hiour

What do you guys know about Securitas? I'll take anything over the mental hospital. I got the impression that this is where they send security officers when they have been naughty.

Comment

There's actually a thread or 2 on securitas already... But I'll give a quick rundown of my opinion...

They're about as bottom-of-the-barrel as you can get, at least in this neck of the woods. They're a warm-body, observe-and-report-ONLY company.. Henceforth their 'specialty' around here is guards posted in shacks at gates... Low pay, bad benefits... The whole 9 yards..

Even if I were desperate for work, I wouldn't lower my standards to work for them.
          Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
          Originally posted by ValleyOne
          BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
          Shoulda called in sick.
          Be safe!

Comment

I'll take anything over the mental hospital. I got the impression that this is where they send security officers when they have been naughty.

Looks like you are on the path of correction, noticing a problem is the first step.
            I know nothing about you or your past here, but you do realize that Security people need to perform to a higher standard......right?

No matter where you want to be in 20 years, your past is always right there with you.
            Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
            Groucho Marx

Comment

I work at a Psych ward (in-house) and I enjoy it for the most part. As far as Securitas goes, from what I have seen I wouldnt recommend them. They really seem to teach nothing of officer safety and the uniforms I have seen so far... bleh.

However; I was at the Gun range not to long ago and they had their guys qualifying, all of them had glocks, batons, spray and an assortment of goodies. I just want to know how much training they receive in all of that.
              "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Well, well.....welcome back, Mayor

They must have thought it was something big, or they wouldn't have fired you.

And further I cant really use hospital experience as "private patrol" experience to count for what I eventually would like to do.
                I think I see where you are going with this, but to answer your question so long as you are working for a Private Patrol Operator, no matter what type of site you are assigned to, counts toward "private patrol" experience according to BSIS. However, the thought of you owing and running your own security company fills me with dread. "The horror, the horror" ala Col. Kurtz comes to mind. At least you are going to be 300+ miles away from me.

Comment

I work for Securitas. In my opinion they are an o/k company
                  It really depends on the managment team:
                  That team includes:
                  The Account Manager: Whom you see on a daily basis
                  The Field Supervisior: He or she stops by at 0300 to see if your Guards
                  are awake.
                  The Branch Manager: They may have the headaches of 30 accounts
                  to worry about

I feel the training I receive is pretty good. I am blessed with a
                  a managment staff that is doing a fine job

No Security Guard Company is perfect. I am sure there are horror
                  stories of Allied/Barton, Guardsmark, Wachenhutt.

I can tell you one thing Mr. Mayor if you ever come to work
                  for me, I treat my people with dignity and respect .
                  I will thank you a 1,000 times if you go above and beyond
                  the call of duty.

But I also want something in return. As example:
                  This weekend I have no power any where on my site
                  All my Officers understand this, and there is little
                  I can do until Monday morning. I only have running
                  water and a working phone at the Gatehouse.
                  You will be working in total darkness except
                  for a flashlight. I don't expect a moaner, and
                  a crybaby.

Finale: I would ride out the storm with your present
                  Security Guard company. Work your tail off.
                  Work extra hours. Go above and beyond.
                  http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson
                    I work at a Psych ward (in-house) and I enjoy it for the most part. As far as Securitas goes, from what I have seen I wouldnt recommend them. They really seem to teach nothing of officer safety and the uniforms I have seen so far... bleh.

However; I was at the Gun range not to long ago and they had their guys qualifying, all of them had glocks, batons, spray and an assortment of goodies. I just want to know how much training they receive in all of that.
                    The Marksman in Puyallup? Isn't Bullseye closer for you?

Three 40-60 hour weeks initially, and one 40-50 hour week a year thereafter.

Comment

I worked for Securitas, I don't recommend it either. I'm not sure about the Baton, etc etc... even while working in New Orleans we weren't even authroized a penknife... I'd stay where you are for now.
                      "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

Yeah, I would go to bullseye, but I dont feel like getting shot. I think not too long ago they just had like their 4th suicide there. They didnt even know until a customer came out and told them. They dont even watch the range... they have TV monitors, but of course the monitors face away from the employees and toward customers.

I feel safer at the marksman, plus, they sometimes give me the Law Enforcement special for the gun range fee.
                        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

You shoot at the Marksman? So do I.

I work plainclothes loss prevention, though, so I never get hooked up with a law enforcement discount, unless I go with a police officer friend...

Comment

Originally posted by copelandamuffy
                            I work for Securitas. In my opinion they are an o/k company
                            It really depends on the managment team:
                            That team includes:
                            The Account Manager: Whom you see on a daily basis
                            The Field Supervisior: He or she stops by at 0300 to see if your Guards
                            are awake.
                            The Branch Manager: They may have the headaches of 30 accounts
                            to worry about

I feel the training I receive is pretty good. I am blessed with a
                            a managment staff that is doing a fine job

No Security Guard Company is perfect. I am sure there are horror
                            stories of Allied/Barton, Guardsmark, Wachenhutt............
                            This is the point that both Nathan and myself have stressed on the other threads noted. It's a case by case, or more accurately, a branch-by-branch basis as too whether a given company is a good place to work.
                            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

What happened? Did they find out you were packing at work?
                              Just do what I do, get a CCW and carry your gun concealed while on duty.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X