Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security Guards who think they are cops.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Guards who think they are cops.....

I can't stand a security guard who thinks he's a cop. It aggravates the piss out of me. Please Mr. Security Guard, just stay the hell out of my way, watch, and learn from the real police...
    [B]Security + Police = one good teamB]

Originally posted by ARealCop
    I can't stand a security guard who thinks he's a cop. It aggravates the piss out of me. Please Mr. Security Guard, just stay the hell out of my way, watch, and learn from the real police...
    sigh, well aren't you special... thank you for your well thought out and professionaly delivered, intelligent speech. You may now resume watching CSI and eating bugles.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
      sigh, well aren't you special... thank you for your well thought out and professionaly delivered, intelligent speech. You may now resume watching CSI and eating bugles.

Sorry, CSI isn't very realistic of police work...then again, neither is security work.

And I liked bugles..............15 years ago.

Comment

Sorry, CSI isn't very realistic of police work...then again, neither is security work.

And I liked bugles..............15 years ago.
        Thank you for your statements. You may find that the forums on "www.officer.com," are more to your liking.
        Last edited by N. A. Corbier; 11-14-2005, 10:31 PM. Reason: Not playing. Don't feed trolls!
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          Thank you for your statements. You may find that the forums on "www.officer.com," are more to your liking.

I tend to disagree. I am a verified LEO on more than one website. O.com is not one of them. They have no way of verifying LEO's. It's a complete nightmare. So, I guess O.com would be more suitable for YOU.

Comment

I tend to disagree. I am a verified LEO on more than one website. O.com is not one of them. They have no way of verifying LEO's. It's a complete nightmare. So, I guess O.com would be more suitable for YOU.
            Strangely enough, I'm on RP, O.com, and SPE, and get along fine with everyone else.

They have a method of verifying LEOs, however, Officer.com is run by a magazine publishing group. Would you want to send verification information to a magazine, who's privacy policy specifically states that information you give them may be used by Cygnus Media for advertisement purposes?

Other sites are run by law enforcement officers, who are more trustworthy (untill proven otherwise) to submit information to.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

You're probably trying to 'bait us' into a verbal fight just to get your kicks. It's not going to work with me. I know there are good cops out there who work just fine with security officers and vice-versa. Have a nice day.
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

The same can be said for when police officers interfere with the rights and duties of agents of private property owners, private citizens, and private property owners themselves.

Amusingly, the professional police supervisor will be quick to inform an errant police officer that there are times when police intervention is required, and there are times that you need to leave the scene as no law has been violated, but a rule or infraction has which requires addressing by the management or their agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                  You're probably trying to 'bait us' into a verbal fight just to get your kicks. It's not going to work with me. I know there are good cops out there who work just fine with security officers and vice-versa. Have a nice day.
                  Red Triangle. Red Triangle. For the Win.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security

Sorry, I'm not. That is not my intention at all. I don't get "kicks" on that. I get kicks on kicking butt and taking names at my place of work. I work fine with decent security officers...though they are rare.

Comment

ARealCop, I've been in both worlds. The Air Force was the teacher, a police officer, military or civilian, is an armed social worker. He should not get his fix for the day or the moment by banging someone around. In the civil sector, I learned from seasoned officers the meaning of community policing. Without the cooperation of the public, the police officer's function is useless. The skills I learned as a police officer served me well when I entered the security arena, as a civilian employee of the US Air Force, US Army, US Navy, and US Marshals Service from which I retired. During those times I worked for various private security companies which aided my government career by observing how things were done in the industrial world. Skills learned were intertwined. Interview skills learned as a police officer were refined working in the physical security areas. The hardest part was dealing with brash young officers trying to make a name for themselves. I had a group of homeless people with me for breakfast when an officer told all of us to leave or be arrested. I identified myself and stated he was interfering with a federal investigation. He persisted. I told him he could gladly explain his action to either the US Marshal or a Federal Judge. He left and contacted his supervisor. The supervisor had worked with the Chief Deputy. The young officer was red faced and was truly contrite. His supervisor told us the young man would never last as a police officer.
                      Crime prevention was the exclusive province of the private sector. In modern police departments there are section or divisions devoted to crime prevention. The public police learned this part of the craft from the private sector. Until one has learned law enforcement and security are shared crafts, they remain immature, not well rounded and not trusted by their fellow officers because their crass behavior could endanger them.
                      In my 34 years of government service and 14 years as a security consultant, I can count on one hand the number of police officers who appear to be "badge heavy." They normally do not last in the field. Pressure from their peers and supervision force them to modify their behavior or leave.
                      You can do more with the brain and tongue than with a sidearm. Those who do not realize this do so at their peril.
                      Enjoy the day,
                      Bill

Comment

I agree with you.... Oh, and your attitude sucks.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not. That is not my intention at all. I don't get "kicks" on that. I get kicks on kicking butt and taking names at my place of work. I work fine with decent security officers...though they are rare.
                          I think I'm safe in saying, you're not a police officer.... you're a troll... just here to agitate. (kicking butt and taking names, indeed)... what a dork.

Comment

Nice try get lost
                            "HIT THE GROUND"OOP'S DISPATCH SUBJECT IS 10-7

Comment

Originally posted by TAYLOR INVESTIGATIONS
                              Nice try get lost
                              Originally posted by UncleDooly
                              I think I'm safe in saying, you're not a police officer.... you're a troll... just here to agitate. (kicking butt and taking names, indeed)... what a dork.

I promise you I'm NOT a troll. I am a police officer in North Carolina whose has his fair share of bad experiences with security guards. Go to www.realpolice.net, where I am a verfied LEO, and check out the username "Terminator." That's me. I will be happy to respond to any PM's there. Again, I am a real police officer, not a troll, and I am just stating my opinions, whether anyone thinks my attitude sucks or not.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X